Rant Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
GesterX wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
I fucking got with my housemate, goddamn it. Doing so has violated my golden rule.
Tomorrow should be fun...

Legend.

I'm sleeping with her now.

HELLOOOOO!

Not literally right now mind, Scorehero isn't really high on my list of priorities during sex.

you mean you're not putting in new scores while doing the horizontal bop? is that not something a lot of people do?
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
GesterX wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
I fucking got with my housemate, goddamn it. Doing so has violated my golden rule.

Legend.

HELLOOOOO!

Not literally right now mind, Scorehero isn't really high on my list of priorities during sex.

you mean you're not putting in new scores while doing the horizontal bop? is that not something a lot of people do?

Hey, we may be the beast with two backs, but I've only got two arms. Only so much a man can do at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
GesterX wrote:
FL4RE wrote:

Legend.

HELLOOOOO!

Hey, we may be the beast with two backs, but I've only got two arms. Only so much a man can do at the same time.

Listen if I can read my japanese textbook while sticking it to someone, you can too.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
GesterX wrote:
FL4RE wrote:

Legend.

HELLOOOOO!

nice.
NU Grad 2015
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:

QUOTE CHAIN

Any update on how this went?
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think lemon meringue (the food, not the user, he/she is amazing ) is nasty

Oatmeal/porridge tastes like cardboard

Spongebob after season 3 sucked

etc
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once posted on this site. It was awful.

UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you know what. Here we go

I hate school. Flame me or not, this is my opinion and I feel obliged to post it here.

Sure, French and English are both pretty useful subjects, like if you live in Canada like me, and want to get a good paying job, you should know how to speak both French AND English. Also, there are people woo tipe leik dis xDxD. That is beside my point.

Next, Science. Can be useful, especially if you want to go into sciences as a career (probably like the last thing I would do)

Next, Math. I feel like a lot of the things they teach are useless, like they say "You won't have a calculator at all times!" or some shit, yeah, sure, if I lose my phone somewhere. Also what the fuck is with the triangles/trigonometry shit. Just saying.

Social Studies is definitively one of the most important subjects, at least here in Canada. Can't really say much is useless, all is important.

Yeah. TL;DR - I think the only important subjects are English (or any language arts you take like Spanish or French) and Social Studies. MAYBE Math like counting and basic garbage like that, and science if you want to be a scientist or whatever.

Thank you, have a good day.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Sure, French and English are both pretty useful subjects, like if you live in Canada like me, and want to get a good paying job, you should know how to speak both French AND English. Also, there are people woo tipe leik dis xDxD. That is beside my point.

Can't disagree on that. It is a good thing to be able to speak two languages. I wish they would focus more on speaking though, I mean I'm not half bad at writing in english but speaking clearly isn't my strength.

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Next, Science. Can be useful, especially if you want to go into sciences as a career (probably like the last thing I would do)

Next, Math. I feel like a lot of the things they teach are useless, like they say "You won't have a calculator at all times!" or some shit, yeah, sure, if I lose my phone somewhere. Also what the fuck is with the triangles/trigonometry shit. Just saying.

I'm going to absolutely destroy you on this one. (Kappa) First of all, it is very important to have at least basic knowledge in all fields of science, not only to be able to call bullshit on stupid studies correlating this and that, but also to have a basic understanding of what is going on, for example in your body, why objects fall down, etc. As a physicist I also feel that it is important as a kid to develop an interest towards fundamental questions, such as where we and other things come from, and try to answer them as accurately as possible through application of verified facts, and experiments.

Next, the "math" you are referring to here is basic arithmetic, and probably basic algebra. You are right, nobody does that on paper nowadays (except for a very few people like me who deal with Lie algebras all day >_>), but it is still very important to have at least an idea how it works, how it was constructed and why it is useful. The triangles/trigonometry part is used a lot in every single field that uses math, and I would call it mere fundamental geometry. Of course it's not something that is going to be useful in EVERYBODY's life, but there can be times in your life where you will be faced to situations where such basic knowledge will simplify a lot of things for you, for example if you're building something and you need to compute ratios, etc. I feel like math is introduced as something scary for kids, most of the time in a bland and uninteresting manner, resulting in most of people not seeing and appreciating the beauty of it all (and ending up arguing over ridiculously dumb number theory questions). It's a shame though, because when you get past this point and get into Calculus, things get really, REALLY interesting.

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Social Studies is definitively one of the most important subjects, at least here in Canada. Can't really say much is useless, all is important.

Most of it is important imo. Knowing about your own history, important international history, geographical locations, psychology, sociology, etc. all of these can prove very useful. It's always good to have some general knowledge here and there.

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Yeah. TL;DR - I think the only important subjects are English (or any language arts you take like Spanish or French) and Social Studies. MAYBE Math like counting and basic garbage like that, and science if you want to be a scientist or whatever.

Strongly disagreeing here, for reasons mentioned above. I see your point though, but I feel like you're missing out on some of the best things math and science have to offer. Having good teachers and parents introducing you to it early sure can help things go right, but sadly not everyone has such luck.

That probably was a sloppy explanation and I gotta admit that I'm tired right now and pretty bad at explaining things in general, but that's what I had to say. Sorry if my english is bad and I'm using poor vocabulary, I've been learning for about 20 years but I barely have any chance to practice it, so that's that.

In other news, I wish I had money. A LOT of it. Right now. It's summer time and I want to buy food and drink booze but I have to wait for my next paycheck I guess.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay, they were good explanations
Maybe it's just the system here in Manitoba, not really sure. Or maybe it's because I always fall asleep in class and daydream about GH?
btw, must add a ((sry for bad engilsh)) joke here
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Next, Science. Can be useful

You will appreciate science more when you move to a state where they're building a taxpayer funded replica of an ark because people sincerely believe Jesus flooding the Earth was possible and happened.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
FL4RE wrote:

QUOTE CHAIN

Any update on how this went?

Yeah, we dated for 9 months. Split for a bit because of 4 months of being on different continents, then got back together when uni started again.

Then she cheated on me tonight.... so we're pretty done now

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I drop Adrian Peterson and he's all like "I can come back from a meniscus repair in 8 weeks" wtf is that

Aight rant over

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
I fucking hate moving. Please someone send me a week or two forward in the future so I don't have to deal with this shit.

It just doesn't get old

EDIT: It's all over now and everything went perfectly. Still don't have a fridge or internet though.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, lets go with a good ol' FL4RE rant, excessive amount of F-bombs included:

Why is it when you have bad luck, it comes in absolute fuckton amounts? My life since leaving university has been complete shite.

Firstly, letting agents are the scum of the earth. I mean, everyone knows that but still. You don't need to keep hold of my deposit if the fees were agreed upon in writing FIVE FUCKING WEEKS AGO YOU DICKHEADS. You don't benefit from keeping the deposit as it's not held in your accounts, so give me my goddamn money back before I take you to small claims.

Secondly, it's hard to get a job as a graduate, what a surprise. Everything is so superficial nowadays in Architecture. Shouldn't my work speak for itself without me essentially having to make a cover letter that consists of me verbally thrusting my chest out and saying "I'm fucking incredible". I know that my CV and portfolio is brilliant, I've been told as such, but I shouldn't have to sell myself that much, I'm not a fucking prostitute!

Thirdly, when bad things happen why do they always happen all at once? My grandad is on his way out, and I split with girlfriend last month, which is shit. But why did I then get laid off from work right afterwards?! I mean, alongside everything else I really don't fucking need that.

Also, fuck you Photobucket. Go and slowly crouch down on a cactus.

*EDIT*

Going back through the rant thread, I like how I was known essentially as the SH angry drunk guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60

Jump to: