Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Ultimate E/M Guitar and Bass Rivalry - Week 7 scores 21/02/2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrSham  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: The Ultimate E/M Guitar and Bass Rivalry - Week 7 scores 21/ Reply with quote

In response to an acceptance of a rivalry, me and Slasher will attempt to be the best we can be. However, this is not necessarily a closed rivalry. Anyone who wants to join in can.

Format
Each week, a player will take turns in choosing a song SECTION from any game they choose (providing everyone has it of course), on Easy or Medium Guitar/Bass. If a section has less than 5 songs then a 2nd section can also be chosen. No maximum so you could, if you so wish, choose the GH1 bonus songs!

For example:

Game: GHWT
E/M: Medium
Grouping: Guitar Career
Section: USA - Tool

The winner is simply whoever has most points for the section at the end of the week. This way any poor scores can possibly be made up elsewhere. Any and all currently recorded scores will stand as there is no point playing songs that you may have already reached your known optimal just for the sake of it. The purpose of this is to improve scores, so choose your sections wisely and don't play into your opponents known strengths!!

Rules
1. Sections cannot be chosen if the person choosing is already 1st overall.
2. All scores are to be uploaded asap to give opponents a chance to better them.
3. If scores are obtained using anything other than already published paths then the paths should be shared, either here or posted to Path Hero.
4. Each week runs until Sunday midnight EST.

Games currently unavailable for selection -
GH1, GH2, GH:80s

Scoring
5 points for a section win, and 1 point for each song win.

Players (next to choose in red)
greenbaymackey
Chrisssss
DrSham

Current Scores - after 7 weeks
44 pts - Chrisssss
29 pts - DrSham
20 pts - greenbaymackey

Weekly Winners
Week 1 - DrSham - GH:3, Medium, Guitar Career, European Invasion
Week 2 - Chrisssss - GH:WoR, Medium, Guitar Quest Mode, Casey
Week 3 - Chrisssss - GH:5, Medium, Guitar Career, Cairo Bazaar
Week 4 - DrSham - GH:WT, Medium, Guitar Career, The Pacific - Rock Brigade
Week 5 - greenbaymackey - GH:5, Medium, Bass Career, Sideshow
Week 6 - greenbaymackey - GH:M, Medium, Bass Career, The Meadowlands
Week 7 - Chrisssss - GH:M, Medium, Bass Career, Hammersmith Apollo
Week 8 - ????? - GH:WoR, Medium, Guitar Quest Mode, Legendary Guitar Tier

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:51 am; edited 85 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... Count me in if that is ok

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha rule 2!
Due to rule 2 (leagues working with the opposite rule made me like it a lot. Blind competition ftw), due to my LP acting funny, and due to my energy being focused on just E and M (and one game at a time), I won't be in that.

BUT I'll be watching this from a distance, because it'll be interesting to see you squeezers increase the community totals even more !

Have funz !
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered GH5, GH:M and GH:SH again so they can be included soon enough. I like the sound of rule # 3! As I said in my thread, I can't guarantee that I can beat you on ticking songs as you seem to be better at that on the lower difficulties.

The ONLY thing that I would personally like to see as a rule would be that IF you get a first place, you have to take a picture. I know you generally take a picture for everything anyway Sham, but I would normally only take pictures if I get first on the song. It's not that I don't believe people's first places if they don't have pictures, it's just I don't like seeing one of my first places beaten by a score that has no proof.

But with that said and seeing as I've already got GH:VH in my Xbox at the moment, this is what I'll choose...

Game: GH:VH
G/B: Bass
E/M/H: Medium
Grouping: Bass Career
Section: Guest Artists in Berlin

EDIT - so I've done the songs quickly... doubt I'll beat three of the scores. "Dope Nose" and "Double Vision" are the only ones that I would need to worry about, I think. But hey, who knows!

Scores:
DN = 89,788 - could probably beat this.
ME = 36,550 - probably optimal unless someone somehow gets a double.
DV = 141,273 - the whammy is horrible in this song. I guess I could beat my score though.
RARID = 118,008 - doubt I'll beat it unless more ticks are available.
ST = 147,350 = unlikely that I'll beat it unless I get the whammy activation which is probably impossible.

EDIT # 2

Scores:
DN = 90,188 - this will be hard for me to beat.
DV = 141,709 - tried an alternative path. I've added it to Path Hero.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay squeezing Count me in next week, in Spain at the moment until Friday, getting away from the most excellent British summer that Chrisssss will know lots about :P My eventual plan is to FC everything ever (...kindof the whole point of the game) so this a great place to start. Long may this rivalry continue!
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty!! done with this week!

DN = 90,136 - don't like this score and I don't care
ME = 36,550 - The double is possible just not going for it at the moment.
DV = 141,969 - I believe that there is at least 200 more possibly even 400 if you are perfect on 2 of the activations.
RARID = 118,016 - ticks are possible and the last double is possible
ST = 147,350 = ditto on what chrisssss said optimal unless you get the whammy act.

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
DrSham  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chemmajr wrote:
Interesting... Count me in if that is ok

Jleggy12 wrote:
Yay squeezing Count me in next week, in Spain at the moment until Friday, getting away from the most excellent British summer that Chrisssss will know lots about :P My eventual plan is to FC everything ever (...kindof the whole point of the game) so this a great place to start. Long may this rivalry continue!

Ok guys, both added. I've also added void as he's expressed an interest to play from next week as well. OP has been updated to reflect the additions, etc. Don't forget to check this to see who's up next for song choices.

arvain wrote:
Haha rule 2!
Due to rule 2 (leagues working with the opposite rule made me like it a lot. Blind competition ftw), due to my LP acting funny, and due to my energy being focused on just E and M (and one game at a time), I won't be in that.!

Decided against blind competition mainly to push people all week (if they so choose). Also I, for one, play paths of least resistance. That is to say that when going for a first place score I'm only trying to beat the current first place, not obtain optimal unless optimal is the only option left. That way I get some replay value if my score gets beat. If I go for (and somehow get) optimal when it's not needed then I'll a) have probably wasted more time than necessary and b) never play that song again (good for Band Hero but sad for most others!!)

Chrisssss wrote:
The ONLY thing that I would personally like to see as a rule would be that IF you get a first place, you have to take a picture. I know you generally take a picture for everything anyway Sham, but I would normally only take pictures if I get first on the song. It's not that I don't believe people's first places if they don't have pictures, it's just I don't like seeing one of my first places beaten by a score that has no proof.

I did debate this (with myself!) but decided against it. Whilst it would be preferable for the community for pics to be posted (as you say I do anyway, even if i'm 650th! and if others follow then it's all good), ScoreHero policy is that it is not required so I simply went with that. Even if I request people to post a pic I can't force them to and it can still be uploaded regardless. The only power I would have is not to award points......not much of a power at all!!

EDIT: Looks like I've got a fight to keep my 1sts! Apart from Master Exploder I see I'm down to 3rd on the rest of them already, but at least I won't have to play that again

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/DrSham_photos/Guitar%20Hero%20Van%20Halen%20-%20Bass%20Medium/MasterExploder36750.jpg

EDIT2: ..... and managed to get to the G on Rock And Roll Is Dead although never got more ticks than xxx,x16

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/DrSham_photos/Guitar%20Hero%20Van%20Halen%20-%20Bass%20Medium/RockAndRollIsDead118216.jpg

EDIT3: Never getting that single SP on Space Truckin' but did manage to get the 2nd squeeze with the alternative path. Still took quite a few tries tho'

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/DrSham_photos/Guitar%20Hero%20Van%20Halen%20-%20Bass%20Medium/SpaceTruckin147350.jpg

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give these songs another go today (well, apart from Space Truckin') to see if I can improve my scores. Not sure how many times I'll try the double on Master Exploder though as I generally can't get doubles - very nicely done, Sham!

Oh, and just to let you know Sham, I received a copy of GH5 today so we can include that from now on.

EDIT - I just broke 142k on Double Vision. Personally think only 200 is left on that song, although I'm not about to get it.

EDIT # 2 - I just got 90,308 on Dope Nose which means I got all three squeezes however I dropped ticks on the second one and I have to drop ticks in order to actually get the last squeeze.

EDIT # 3 - I should just wait until I stop playing before I make these edits, seriously. I just got 142,229 on Double Vision which I think is going to be my top score. I tried the double on Master Exploder and as expected I was miles away from it, even though it must be possible as Sham got it. I might try Dope Nose again and maybe Rock and Roll is Dead again, but I'm not sure if I'll beat the score I have on the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would join but hell no, im gonna be put to shame in 1/2 sec with your awesome squeeze scores.

that sure is one hell of a rivalry.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you all know I will be missing a few of the upcoming weeks cause I am apparently traveling all over the US. I am going to Florida on the 21st (this Saturday) and I will not be back till the 29th. Then I am driving cross-country with my brother (I'm an idiot) so that he can bring his girlfriend's car to her in Los Angeles from August 5th till the 15th. Annnnnndd then I am going to Cape Cod in Massachusetts from the 18th till the 25th... fuck. Oh and then I start teaching again September 4th.... lol busy busy busy.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chemmajr wrote:
Oh and then I start teaching again September 4th.... lol busy busy busy.

Sounds crazy man, what do you teach? Both my parents are music teachers, so I hear a lot about it And I should be OK for the rest of summer, I´m just recording my first album at home after this holiday in Spain (Not as impressive as it sounds, basically just me tinkering with my Macbook all day. Hopefully some decent music will come out the other end). Might even get to have a go at this week´s songs, as I´m back tomorrow afternoon. We´ll see
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
chemmajr wrote:
Oh and then I start teaching again September 4th.... lol busy busy busy.

Sounds crazy man, what do you teach? Both my parents are music teachers, so I hear a lot about it I´m just recording my first album at home after this holiday in Spain (Not as impressive as it sounds, basically just me tinkering with my Macbook all day. Hopefully some decent music will come out the other end). Might even get to have a go at this week´s songs, as I´m back tomorrow afternoon. We´ll see

lol can you try and guess from my user name.ChemistryYea I always come home ranting and raving about some freakin kid that pissed me off that day lol. Oh and I forgot to mention that I am also in the process of moving... the day I come back from florida I will be moving into an apartment.

as for your first album, that sounds awesome haha good luck as I'm sure that it is no easy task making music.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna take a stab and guess you teach chemistry?

And Jleggy, you've planned your holiday well as next week is meant to be quite nice back in the UK. Well, at least for us down south anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
I'm gonna take a stab and guess you teach chemistry?

ding ding ding ding! Yep lol chemistry teacher...

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
DrSham  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial attempts at both DN and DV have both been quite pitiful! Looks like my whammying is the issue for both of them but don't know if it's me or the guitar (I'll get new batteries and see if that makes a difference). I can make up a little lost whammy with some biq squeezing but that in itself is probably not gonna be enough.

On DN I reckon I'll get at least the 2nd and maybe also the 3rd squeeze as my high score was a whisker from both of them. Maybe I shouldn't have been so greedy on the ticks!! As for DV there is an easy 200 more on my current path before I switch to the more difficult paths but if I can't sort out enough SP from whammying then it doesn't matter anyway!!

EDIT: Got my 200 from DV. Now for some grinding!!

Gamertag - Doc Sham
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: