Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Songs/Bands It Seems Only YOU Like/Vice Versa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like The Beatles. As far as I know them, that is. But I've heard plenty, IMO. My mom owns a compilation CD, I know most all the really well-known songs, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
I don't like The Beatles. As far as I know them, that is. But I've heard plenty, IMO. My mom owns a compilation CD, I know most all the really well-known songs, etc.

The well known four bar pop songs or the well known trippy shit? Because I think albums like Magical Mystery Tour are far more interesting than, oh, I don't know, Please Please Me.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I legitimately like Psyopus, but everyone I show them to says they're "just noise." Siobhan's Song didn't convince them either.

I can see a lot of people not enjoying their music. They are on the more extreme side of mathcore after all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure nobody likes Expertwin's songs but him, so there's something I guess
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:

The well known four bar pop songs or the well known trippy shit?

A bit of both, I'd say.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:

I enjoy the music, but I don't like when people say they're the greatest rock band of all time or the most influential. If they were so influential, it was only because they were so famous, and they were so famous because they were just pop music. It's good, just not as good as some people make it out to be.
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JizzleWright wrote:
I also really like Deep Purple, like really like Deep Purple, almost everyone I know IRL is just like meh smoke on the water that's it.
They've clearly never heard Fireball, Woman From Tokyo, Child in Time, Space Truckin', etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
Gangnam Style is a horrid song. The only reason it caught on so hard is because of the stupid dance and a well choreographed music video.

That's the point! PSY was basically Hip-Hop until Gangnam Style. He took the formula and made it a caricature of itself. Mix it with a silly, but safe, music video and put some 'hot' Asian women on it and you have got instant internet fame.

The man might be a genius.

CoolMotion wrote:
but I don't like when people say they're the greatest rock band of all time or the most influential. If they were so influential, it was only because they were so famous

...That's what greatest means.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
, and they were so famous because they were just pop music.

Say what?

The Beatles are generally pointed to as helping start both the Psychedelic and Prog genres. Both of which are so tremendously removed from pop it's not even remotely comparable.

Ya they're early days were pop, but you can't listen to something like Sgt. Peppers and tell me that's just pop. Hell just listen to I Want You (She's So Heavy), that flows back and forth between trippy psychedelic sections mixed with light prog sections.

In short ya they started out as merely a bubble-gum pop band. But then they evolved into something much much more, and there's really no other comparison in music that can be made.

It's like if the Jonas Brothers were all of a sudden to up and write an album along the lines of Opeth or Cynic and then continue to write something like Earth. You just can't really find another example of that anywhere.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
I enjoy the music, but I don't like when people say they're the greatest rock band of all time or the most influential. If they were so influential, it was only because they were so famous, and they were so famous because they were just pop music. It's good, just not as good as some people make it out to be.

They were about the most influental band there was (because of their fame), which means they are the greatest.
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
CoolMotion wrote:
, and they were so famous because they were just pop music.

Say what?

The Beatles are generally pointed to as helping start both the Psychedelic and Prog genres. Both of which are so tremendously removed from pop it's not even remotely comparable.

Ya they're early days were pop, but you can't listen to something like Sgt. Peppers and tell me that's just pop. Hell just listen to I Want You (She's So Heavy), that flows back and forth between trippy psychedelic sections mixed with light prog sections.

In short ya they started out as merely a bubble-gum pop band. But then they evolved into something much much more, and there's really no other comparison in music that can be made.

It's like if the Jonas Brothers were all of a sudden to up and write an album along the lines of Opeth or Cynic and then continue to write something like Earth. You just can't really find another example of that anywhere.

Oh jeez >_< I meant their earlier stuff. They definitely under...went? underwent a change around Rubber Soul to more psychedelic stuff, and that's when I think they really kicked in to being a great influential band, I'm just speaking for their earlier music, THAT'S what I don't get got a bunch of credit for The Beatles being so famous.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh ya, I see what you mean. Ya I definitely agree that the Beatles stuff is pretty mindless pop with little to no substance.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
wallflower  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
I'm just speaking for their earlier music, THAT'S what I don't get got a bunch of credit for The Beatles being so famous.

Other than Teen idols, they basically started mindless pop. So take that for what it's worth.
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I forgot to add in before, I like Limp Bizkit, contrary to everyone else lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Ya I definitely agree that the Beatles stuff is pretty mindless pop with little to no substance.

mfw
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: