ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
WoR On-Disc - FC Breakdown Project - Finished
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjustment Q2: please put the following songs in ascending order (easiest to hardest) of ability needed to FC on Expert Guitar:
91. Black Widow of La Porte
92. Fury of the Storm
93. Chemical Warfare
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting update:

Adjustment Q1
Speeding (Vault Version)
1) JosephL
2) RobGHH
3) ihatebarracuda

Ties That Bind
1) f4phantom2500
2) illiniguy
3) Jellu
4) FingerQuick
5) WhYYZ
6) BobDole
7) UndeadFil13QC
8) elScarecrow

-----------
Adjustment Q2 (includes my own vote of BWoLP > Fury > CW)

19 Black Widow of La Porte
22 Fury of the Storm
25 Chemical Warfare

Clock's on for both of these.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting update:

Adjustment Q1
Ties That Bind
WINNER

-----------
Adjustment Q2
91) Black Widow of La Porte
92) Fury of the Storm
93) Chemical Warfare

WINNER

Any further adjustments?
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies if there was a big discussion about this that I missed, but how the hell did Wish get up to #41?

It was my 4th, and I'm only up to 15 in total. I seriously doubt I will get more than 25 to 30 FC's ever on this game - did I manage a really lucky run or is this severely misplaced?

EDIT: Just read back to find the relevant voting - looks like it was 7-5 to vote it easier than Scumbag Blues, then about 6-2 as being the hardest out of the bottom 'half'. I'm shocked.
Whether I'm shocked with the opinions here or with my own amazingness in FCing a song that's apparently that hard, I'm not sure, but I'm shocked nonetheless.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you may have a point about it being easier than Bodies, but it's still in the 35-41 range.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YCS(RIA) is WAAAAAAYYYY to high.

Wish is hard because of one stupid riff that goes on and on and on. If you can do the riff it's a lot easier and if you can't hit it, it should be even higher up the list.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think (You Can Still) Rock in America needs to be re-placed? Here's the voting on that so far:

Find a new place for (YCS)RIA
1) WhYYZ

Leave (YCS)RIA where it is
1) JosephL
#TeamOldPeople
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should stay where it is; it could be argued that it should move by a spot or two but it's in a pretty good place now.
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
YCS(RIA) is WAAAAAAYYYY to high.

It's pretty clear that you're one of those players that has an easier time with a song with 1 part that's far harder than the rest of the song rather than a consistently difficult song...only you're like the extreme of that. There's a reasonable argument to be made for YCS(RIA) being switched with SG, but the only way you would convince even a sizable minority that YCS(RIA) is easier than HW is by paying them.

The reason why discrepancies like this occur in such instances is because most people are going to judge how technically hard a song is primarily by how hard the hardest part is, then consider the rest of the song...whereas you are so good at hitting 'the hard part' that it actually skews your perception here. When you try to judge how technically hard a song is, you consider how hard the entire song is, then consider the hardest part. And you can't tell me that there isn't a strong bias present here; when you have FC'ed the song with the hardest section in the game, every other section seems pretty tame. Of course there are other people with similar views, but like I said you seem to be an extreme example.

And this list looks great, very reasonable. I personally have a hard time figuring out the ordering for Speeding and IFYPPFW (and to a somewhat lesser extent TDFW), but quite a few people seem pretty certain that Speeding is the hardest, and I can see why.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave Rock in America where it is.

I don't think I ever voted for the song in a question that it didn't win, and I'm also pretty sure that I voted it for question 85. For me 85 seems right, or maybe 84, but I can't see it fitting in anywhere else.

Also, for reference so people don't have to go back and check if they forgot (I had to do that); current status of Rock in America in the breakdown:

82) Burn
83) Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
84) Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants
85) (You Can Still) Rock in America
86) This Day We Fight!
87) If You Want Peace... Prepare for War
88) Speeding (Vault Version)

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
And you can't tell me that there isn't a strong bias present here; when you have FC'ed the song with the hardest section in the game, every other section seems pretty tame. Of course there are other people with similar views, but like I said you seem to be an extreme example.

I look at how easy/hard it was too learn for me at that point and how hard it was to get consistant enough at missable parts before I would grind out the FC.

Right now I FC YCSRIA every time I play it. I can't say that about SF, HW, Burn or even Nemesis. Hell, I probably need more than 10 tries on SF, I couldn't ReFC HW within 3 hours for the league and Burn took me forever to Re-FC for the league as well. I would personally put YCS between Nemesis and Burn.

What I do need to say is that YCS intimidates you a lot more than all those songs but if you just sit down and learn the damn part it really isn't that hard at all.

I'll copy paste it for people who didn't see me post this in the other thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold the phone. I just tried your method WhYYZ, and you're absolutely right. I mean it's still hard for me because I'm not that fast at this kind of stuff, but I did manage to combo about 3/4 of the way through the hard part within like 10 minutes (in practice mode)...if I practiced more this would very likely drop a few spots in my personal opinion. Of course one could argue that this is still quite an advanced tapping technique compared to what's required for other low and mid-80s songs...and if you one-hand it's almost certainly harder than everything that's currently below it. I still don't want to see it anywhere other than 84 or 85, and I'm still leaning towards 85. However, I changed my mind and now I want Rock in America to fight for its spot.

Parama  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIA I totally fluke FCed, but it's legit harder than everything below it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is what I'm seeing at this point:

1) WhYYZ
2) BobDole

Leave (YCS)RIA where it is
1) JosephL
2) nunovanhalen023
3) f4phantom2500
4) Parama

Clock's on. Unless there's a surge in voting for the former option, we'll open the floor for new adjustment questions soon.
#TeamOldPeople
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 58 of 60

Jump to: