ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What is the hardest game you have ever played?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megaman X3 wasn't difficult. None of the X games were that difficult. Megaman 9 and 10 is much more difficult than the X series, as Megaman.

The hardest game I have played is Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 for the Xbox 360. Black Label is easier compared to standard Mushi Futari.

Here's some videos of me playing it on Maniac... I'm not even touching Ultra.

Arrange mode is much easier, but there's a lot more bullets.

Arrange mod:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClMX9yrzXao
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Tara3LAiI

Maniac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_lwOYMMby8

I didn't realize how old my last Mushi video was. I'm seriously considering picking it back up again. And yes, I do play with a joystick, not with that stupid xbox controller.

EDIT: I should stream it. You'll get to see me play with my stick too ;)
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Megaman X3 wasn't difficult. None of the X games were that difficult. Megaman 9 and 10 is much more difficult than the X series, as Megaman.

I know this. It is the hardest game that I have played on the SNES, but that is because I haven't played the REALLY difficult SNES games such as Super Ghouls N' Ghosts or Contra III: The Alien Wars.

I do think the Sigma fight in Megaman X3 is the hardest Sigma battle in the X series, however.

CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N+ is pretty hard in my opinion.
Either I don't play enough games, or I'm pretty bad
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
N+ is pretty hard in my opinion.
Either I don't play enough games, or I'm pretty bad

That is a name that brings back a lot of memories for me. I never played N+, but I have played the original flash game known simply as N. I agree it is pretty challenging, but not top-tier challenging.

I admit is is harder than X3.

bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of this question, but the hardest game I've ever beaten is some Touhou game I guess. There's too many factors to look at, and everyone has a different definition of what is and is not "difficult."
ronald786  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitman absolution was one of the hardest game i ever played
Kathya  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronald786 wrote:

Clearly, real fans start and finish on Purist.

With the bumping of this thread I'd like to point out an IWBTG spin-off I've been playing lately: I Wanna Be The Boshy.
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently played through Super Mario 74 Extreme Edition and managed to find the patience and will power to get all 157 stars. I wouldn't fit it in the same category as games that have been previously named, mostly because that game is a save state fest, but my god was it hard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathya wrote:
ronald786 wrote:

Clearly, real fans start and finish on Purist.

With the bumping of this thread I'd like to point out an IWBTG spin-off I've been playing lately: I Wanna Be The Boshy.

I haven't played it, but apparently "They Bleed Pixels" is a great game for people who think IWBTG had an acceptable level of difficulty. It's $2.49 on Steam at the moment for those interested.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
But Fester's Quest will forever and always be the hardest game I've ever played in my opinion. I seriously don't see how that game is possible without a game genie. Fun game, just impossible!

Sooooo.....I laugh at my previous statement. I can literally beat this game without dying now. Took lots of practicing and figuring out what works best, but I can do it. One day when my life is on the line and they tell me I either have to beat Fester's Quest without dying or take a bullet to the head, I can walk away safely and with the satisfaction of knowing that the 10 hours I poured into FQ finally paid off.
eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play too many hard games, but one game I never finished (and really want to) is Lemmings. That shit, once you got near the end, was pretty tough to figure out. Once you learned the levels and what to do, it's easy, but trying to figure out the solutions could take so many tries.
Kathya  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I haven't played it, but apparently "They Bleed Pixels" is a great game for people who think IWBTG had an acceptable level of difficulty. It's $2.49 on Steam at the moment for those interested.

Right, had looked into it a few months ago and completely forgot about it in the sales. Got it.

Worth noting this game doesn't kill you for not knowing the level (which describes the entire IWBTG experience) and doesn't have any ridiculous sections that require godlike precision and timing (which describes the entire IWBTB experience).
This to say that for those who like platformers but don't like IWBTG/IWBTB, it may still be interesting to see.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to change my nomination to:

dodonpachi saidaioujou

Holy shit... It took several hours with the proper scoring system to get to the end of level 2. One time I got to level 3... and I did it on my friend's account. I will be uploading that video to youtube soon, thanks to me hooking back up my Hauppauge game capture HD.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
B.nAUght47  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Guitar Hero

I'm surprised it took this long for GH to be mentioned...

SMB Lost Levels is pretty hard. Game'd over multiple times on world 2-4. Call of Duty World at War on veteran difficulty is an absolute nightmare to get through (GRENADES. EVERYWHERE.). Any Fire Emblem on it's hardest setting (besides 8 & 9) is also really difficult, and FE5 doesn't even have a difficulty setting, but it's considered to be the hardest game in the series.

The recently released Sonic Lost World is also hard, but for all the wrong reasons, such as crap-tastic controls, horrendous level design and retarded physics, making 99% of my deaths feel incredibly cheap. Nearly threw my gamepad at my TV by the end of Frozen Factory (Worst. Ice. Physics. Ever).
The cutscenes are also a pain to survive through...

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BnAUght47 Wii Friend Code: 0810038126955628
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: