ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
karkid26: 2018 review! (December 31st, 2018)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Spanish Fly, Alex.

And karkid, I'm telling you, just ignore the sliders for the 5*. Work on just the HO/PO portion of it and FC most if not all of that. If you can FC nearly all of it (or at least 75% of it without missing in the middle), you'll get the rest of the points you need in the sliders. Trust me on that.

But I think you can get 102 FCs in 9 months. Not that hard for you.

EDIT: So long as you have at least 5*s on all songs, you SHOULD be close to the top 50 on the board. If necessary, just ask bushi for where your placement is when you do finish inputting scores.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
And karkid, I'm telling you, just ignore the sliders for the 5*. Work on just the HO/PO portion of it and FC most if not all of that. If you can FC nearly all of it (or at least 75% of it without missing in the middle), you'll get the rest of the points you need in the sliders. Trust me on that.

To add to that, make sure you activate star power during Picking Sixes and Spanish Flight. FC both of those sections under SP and the 5* is very doable.

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was so fast it isn't funny. Great job.

I agree that Spanish Fly has fewer easy points than Eruption, I have 3* on SF and 4 on Eruption. Either way, your improvement curve has been ridiculously steep, and I don't remember ever having a stretch this great of progress. Keep it up!

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
karkid26  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@alexhaz64: Eruption's one of the hardest 5*s to get, definitely. I tried some more runs to see if I could get it on video, but I could only get it that one time. Thanks for the congrats!

@voidedalive2x: Thanks for the advice! It looks like I'll be spending more time with practice mode... and yeah, I think 102 FCs in 9 months is possible. Just need to keep up with how I'm going at the moment.

@skinnywhitecomic: Again, thanks for the tip! My accomplishments thread is the new Spanish Fly 5* Guide :P

@malkieriking: Even I'm surprised how fast I managed to get 5 stars on Eruption. Only a week after TTFAF? Spanish Fly will take a lot longer... probably :\ I'll try and keep it up!

All the stuff I've done on Guitar Hero since last time!
I'm on holiday so I should have a bit more time for Guitar Hero in the coming days. I've done some new things apart from guitar, so let's take a look at the total.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Re-FCs!
Savior

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock FCs! (Guitar)
FC #34 / 229: Dance, Dance
FC #35 / 230: Dancing Through Sunday

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock FCs! (Bass)
Lemon Frosting
Lasso
Machinehead

Summary
All these great FCs... they make me want to DANCE Seriously, they're both pretty good. Dancing Through Sunday more so, obviously. Luckily for me, I got the FC on my first run when I started recording... which was unexpected to say the least. In addition to this, my score on Lemon Frosting Expert Bass is a new PS3 (and global, apparently) first! I want someone to try and beat it, because it may actually be my first ever optimal on any song and I'm not sure :D

So all in all, I may not have done much but it's not too bad. Maybe I should try for more FCs next time?

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
Jellu  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz for Dancing Through Sunday! Solo is quite tricky and so is the rest of the song. Btw check your OP I think the link isn't quite right like when I click your 5* progress it goes to your DTS FC video.

Nice work on the 5* area, too I think if you can get Eruption and even TTFAF, Spanish Fly is definitely possible. You should focus on hitting everything that's not purple notes but it's possible to get some random 3x or 4x in the purples, too.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing Through Sunday is so fun to play, I hope it didn't cause you too much frustration. Nice job on the FC!

karkid26  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@Jellu: Thanks for noticing something was up with the OP, I wouldn't have noticed otherwise Also, Spanish Fly could well be possible, but I'm not sure if I can get it just yet. We'll see what I can manage in spare time!

@SlasherManEXE: I was hoping it wouldn't take too long, and... well, it didn't, so that's all good there. Thanks! :D

What's this? I haven't got enough FCs recently? Luckily I've got four in the last two hours so it's alright. :D

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock FCs!
FC #36 / 231: Hard to See
FC #37 / 232: Ghost
FC #38 / 233: 2112 Pt. 3 - Discovery
FC #39 / 235: Cherry Bomb
FC #40 / 236: Children Of The Grave
FC #41 / 237: Stray Cat Blues
FC #42 / 238: The Feel Good Drag

Guitar Hero 5 FCs!
FC #37 / 234: Kryptonite

Summary
Children of the Grave had been getting on my nerves for a while, because I always missed in the solo for some unknown reason. Answer? Strum every note! I FC'd it first try today. Oh, and Hard to See was another song I'd also been trying to FC for a while. Finally did it, played Ghost once and FC'd that too! It's funny how these things work out.

I'm bound to get more FCs in the next update... who knows what game I'll be playing? :D

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

Last edited by karkid26 on Thu May 15, 2014 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a good list of new songs. Great job.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
karkid26  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@voidedalive2x: Thanks for that confidence boost! Always nice to know that I can FC new songs. Then again, FCing old songs may not be too bad either. You know?

Or, in case you don't know, I've been re-FCing some stuff.

Guitar Hero: Van Halen FCs!
FC #17 / 239: Panama

Guitar Hero 5 Re-FCs!
Song 2 (May as well be optimal)
Ring of Fire (OPTIMAL)

Guitar Hero 5 FCs!
FC #38 / 240: Play That Funky Music

Guitar Hero 2 five star scores!
Misirlou

Summary
Or, if you're to believe what the extended star rating system tells you, 6.6 stars on Misirlou. I'm apparently better at Misirlou than I am at Red Lottery or X-Stream.

Also, I got my first two main-series XGuitar non-DLC optimals!... Well, 1st places, seeing as apparently there are 600 more points possible on Song 2. Ring of Fire, however, I'm pretty sure is optimal.

I think I'll pick out my FC of Panama as the highlight this update. That solo's pretty difficult to hit. I should have played more, but exams and stuff got in the way. See you next time! :D

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

Graf  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Panama being tricky, nice work!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panama is absolutely amazing FC o.O IMO your best by far! I actually made a thread to get help for that solo because I could only hit it 1/20 times or something and it was my FC 40-something in VH. Congratulations!

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
karkid26  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@Graf: It wasn't too tricky for me, I just had to get the right technique for the fast part (sliding my first finger from red to yellow on some points), but thanks!

@Jellu: My best? It didn't seem too difficult for me, to be honest, but maybe I just had a really good technique o_O and thanks for the congratulations!

It's been almost a month since I last updated... best get to it now, huh? :P

Guitar Hero: Van Halen FCs!
FC #18 / 241: Safe European Home

Guitar Hero: World Tour Re-FCs!
What I've Done

Guitar Hero: World Tour FCs!
FC #39 / 242: You're Gonna Say Yeah!
FC #40 / 243: Our Truth

Guitar Hero: World Tour five star scores!
Heartbreaker

Guitar Hero I FCs!
FC #10 / 244: Hey You

Guitar Hero I five star scores!
Higher Ground

FC #43 / 245: Cryin'
FC #44 / 246: Love Gun
FC #45 / 247: Paranoid (Live)

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock five star scores!
Sudden Death

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock bass FCs!
All The Small Things

Guitar Hero 3 five star scores!
Through The Fire and Flames

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits five star scores!
Through The Fire and Flames

Summary
The main event is right here, at the end. An improvement from four stars to five! But let's not talk about that yet. I finally got Safe European Home, after attempting Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love several times and christening it my new most annoying song in Guitar Hero (but then again, I haven't played Yes We Can in a while xP)

I also got two new FCs and one old FC on World Tour, but I could get Heartbreaker FC'd too with practice. I've already FC'd the import on Warriors of Rock, and it's not a nice feeling :\ But on the bright side, I've been doing well on Guitar Hero I, by FCing Hey You, and coming very close to Higher Ground! Killer Queen is still harder than either of these >_>

After three -1's in three different places, I FC'd Cryin' on Warriors of Rock, along with (more recently) Love Gun and Paranoid (Live)! I didn't even know there was a trill after the solo of the live version of Paranoid, but the first time I saw it was the FC run, so it turns out you can just tap that trill and FC Also, I got a 4k improvement on Sudden Death, and I got a platform 1st on All The Small Things bass! It might be global 1st but I don't know how to check the leaderboards on Xbox 360 with my PS3. Oh well.

Finally, I improved my score on GH3 TTFAF by 20k or so, and on GHSH TTFAF by around... 65k? However much it was, it was five stars. I didn't expect to do so well on the Smash Hits engine, and I didn't even get myself a decent path before the run! The strumming was where I was losing combo, but when I fixed my problems with that, it seemed a bit easier. Anyway, FG5* incoming now? Spanish Fly still won't work for me, maybe I'll try it again after submitting all my scores.

As a sign-off? Apparently Killer Queen is easy to FC, but it's just being like Cathedral all over again ._. Soon?

-karkid26

EDIT: whoa words
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTABOY! The FG5* is right around the corner now, I know it!

karkid26  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies
@Voided: Thanks! I know it shouldn't have taken too long, but unexpected four-month breaks and all that.

New!
Not that much in all honesty. I went to a Guitar Hero tournament in London and got 2nd place... jamie-the-payne showed up and won, though. Apart from that, I've really not been playing too much seriously. Mostly imports and downloadables on WoR, and I don't really upload those as they're not part of the 660. I did some stuff though!

Guitar Hero 5 FCs!
#39 / 250: 2 Minutes To Midnight

#46 / 251: Bat Country

Summary
I may not have updated here much but it shows I've still been playing when I get these two FCs. I'll update here slightly more often, hopefully... I doubt my end of year target of 330 FCs and a FS5* is still possible, but let's see how we go, shall we?

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Bat Country's an awesome FC!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: