ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
karkid26: 2018 review! (December 31st, 2018)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karkid26  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@dramacomic: Thanks! I haven't been much to watch lately, given that I've been away from my PS3 for a good few weeks, and... I'm gonna go a bit more in depth later on in this post. But hey, let's not get all doom and gloom just yet, right?

Guitar Hero 5 FCs!
FC #47 / 297: Wolf Like Me
FC #48 / 298: Disconnected
FC #49 / 299: Judith
FC #50 / 300: Blue Day
The Bitter End (DLC)

Guitar Hero III FCs!
FC #47 / 301: Suck My Kiss
FC #48 / 302: The Seeker

Summary
Other scores, that were mostly painfully close calls, included a -6 (oh my god) on JIHKY and a -2 on Cliffs of Dover. And a... something, on Black Magic Woman.

So, finally hit that 300 FC mark! Only wish I had got a more memorable song for it, cause, you know. I got that 300th FC like a month ago, and I can't remember anything about how the song goes. SMK was nice to me, I missed the strumming twice in practice then went in for a real run and FC'd instantly, so, that was awesome. I'm past 22.5 million in score for GH3 - wondering how much further I can get!

Anyways, back to the point I was making earlier. I'm still pretty young. And since I'm still pretty young, I'm going to university in September. May not have much space or time to be playing Guitar Hero all day. Don't want to get out of practice or anything, but... yeah. Sucks. Hope I can get the FS5* before then.

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! 300 FCs is pretty nice. Keep FCs coming so in month u have 400FCs. Also You Really Got Me GH2 FC and Panama VH is really good FCs, congrats little late :,D Cool looking thread

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!

Last edited by VertigoMan on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's left on the FS5* list, again?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
karkid26  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@VertigoMan: Thanks! Although I think 400 FCs by the end of the month would be asking a lot, I'm gonna try not to slow down too hard!

@voidedalive2x: As of before tonight? 19 from WT, 25 from GH5, and 22 from WoR, all fairly easy. Hardest challenge out of that is gonna be dragging myself through Do You Feel Like We Do, heh. Also gotta try and submit a five-star score for Devil Went Down To Georgia, even though it's not part of the on-disc series technically, because I wouldn't feel right leaving it out. Kinda spoilers, but by now, I'm pretty confident in my ability to 5* Devil.

Guitar Hero: World Tour FCs!
FC #42 / 303: Hail To The Freaks
FC #43 / 304: Hollywood Nights
FC #44 / 305: Antisocial
FC #45 / 306: The One I Love
FC #46 / 307: Up Around The Bend
FC #47 / 308: Parabola
FC #48 / 309: Schism
FC #49 / 310: Weapon Of Choice

Summary
FG5* #10! I'm glad to be getting away from that engine for a while. Only forty seven more songs and two more games to go... I can feel how close I am to my goal right now, it's insane. Nothing really insanely notable like a BYOB FC or anything, but... damn. I feel good about myself.

Thanks to all of you for sticking around this long, by the way. Probably couldn't have got this far without y'all :P

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
karkid26  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I've managed to get some stuff actually done that's worthy of a thread update, in my opinion?

Guitar Hero 5 FCs!
FC #51 / 311: Bullet With Butterfly Wings
FC #52 / 312: Comedown
FC #53 / 313: Dancing With Myself
FC #54 / 314: Hurts So Good
FC #55 / 315: Incinerate
FC #56 / 316: Jailbreak
FC #57 / 317: In The Meantime
FC #58 / 318: Lonely Is The Night
FC #59 / 319: Mirror People
FC #60 / 320: One Big Holiday
FC #61 / 321: Send A Little Love Token
FC #62 / 322: Shout It Out Loud
FC #63 / 323: Six Days A Week
FC #64 / 324: So Lonely
FC #65 / 325: Sowing Season (Yeah)
FC #66 / 326: Streamline Woman
FC #67 / 327: What I Got
FC #68 / 328: You And Me

Guitar Hero 5 five star scores!
[every other GH5 song, Hangar 18 DLC, National Anthem DLC]

Summary
FG5* #11! And a whole load of FCs while I was at it! Jesus!

This leaves precisely 22 songs to submit scores for in the series and then I'll be done filling those in! And then I can work on whatever songs I want without feeling the pressure of not having any particular song "not done"!... Except I'm gonna be going to university and I *might* not be playing as much. I can hope, though!

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

karkid26  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock FCs!
FC #54 / 329: Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)
FC #55 / 330: Free Ride
FC #56 / 331: Scumbag Blues
FC #57 / 332: Self Esteem
FC #58 / 333: Wish
FC #59 / 334: 2112 Pt. 7 - Grand Finale
FC #60 / 335: 2112 Pt. 4 - Presentation

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock five-star scores!
[every other WoR song, including BWoLP, FotS and TDWF again]

Guitar Hero 3 FCs! (DLC)
(F)lannigan's Ball
Top Gun Anthem

Guitar Hero 3 five star scores!
The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Summary
FG5* #12... and FULL SERIES 5*!! God, finally! Only took about four and a half years! Now I have a little bit more freedom as to which songs I can play, when I actually get to play this game - instead of just trying to fill in blanks... I didn't even make a list of people to thank, but I'm grateful for everyone in the community who have been here since I started, those who came along along the way, and just generally been an inspiration to watch (voidedalive2x, skinnywhitecomic, BlueTornado, PinkiePie91, and dramacomic to name a few! Not to mention Undead, who still hasn't got ItO but is someone I look up to a bit, hehe ) How about I go over a few of these achievements I've managed today, huh?

PSSOM was a hell of a nervous sightread, but I made it to the end - there were a few times I took my hand away from the guitar or almost slipped on the strum bar, but I made it! A fun song, fun to play, just so much fun to get the FC on in general. Now, Wish, on the other hand, can go screw itself, it messed up my hand for the few songs I played after it... Maybe my method wasn't quite correct, but I got the FC with it. It's been a few hours, and it still stings a little...

I'd been trying to FC Presentation intermittently throughout the day, but I kept messing up and missing after hitting the last SP phrase - perhaps four or five times, twice in the last twenty or thirty notes... I quit for a while to play the last few songs for the FS5*, and once I got to Grand Finale for my penultimate song, the chord changes at the end were fairly easy for me when they never used to be? Overstrummed in the ending, restarted and hit the solos and the chords again, and got the FC, and I was so excited after that, I tried Presentation again and it just seemed to come to me easily!

Also managed to clean up my one missing space in the percentage and notestreak columns by FCing Flannigan's, which was another pleasant surprise... Quickly switched to WoR to finish off the game with a really enjoyable few minutes of Burn, then back to GH3 to play the last few songs of the day. The Top Gun Anthem DLC will always have a special place in my heart, given that my dad always loves me being able to play it, so I thought I should get that FC even if I always seem to miss near the end of the solo - third try, and I finally got the transition from the zigzags to the triplets to tapping the blue notes on the next set, and pretty much made the happiest sound I've ever made playing GH when I hit the last note of the solo!

... ...
... 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 3 1 1 3 1 1 3 1 1 3 1 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 (pray!!) ...

That. Right about there. That huge diagram thing. That's called "fun".

The full series 5* wouldn't be complete without DWDTG, so I gave it a few tries tonight, and knowing the cutoff is about 492k, I was a bit worried after a few runs at 450k and 470k - I was about to call it off for the night, but decided one more run would do it, and it all just seemed to click! I guess it was helped by my guitar being weirdly co-operative and activating SP for me when I didn't ask it to, but... hey, it worked! That's five stars on every on-disc song on the 11 GRYBO games, GHL, the Dragonforce, Boss Battle and Virtuoso packs on GH3, Hangar 18 DLC for GH5, and Dueling Banjos on World Tour. I'm pretty happy with that.

Thank you all so much for sticking around with me, and... what's next, I wonder? I'm on 335/702 for FCs, so should I go for that elusive half-series FC? I think my total score is around 207.5 million, I could go for 210 million eventually? Or maybe I could take a little break and get the FGFC on Band Hero? Anything is possible.

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

Last edited by karkid26 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for FS5* dude! I see you got some new FCs too, good job keep it up!

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the across the board 5*. Getting the 5* on songs like Jordan and TTFAF is harder than it looks. Which song did you find the hardest? The one that comes to mind for me is Spanish Fly. The whole song is just a mess, and if you can't FC it's very hard to get a decent combo and even harder to keep it. I remember having like 620+ FC's and not being able to 5* that damn song.

karkid26 wrote:
Thank you all so much for sticking around with me, and... what's next, I wonder? I'm on 335/702 for FCs, so should I go for that elusive half-series FC? I think my total score is around 207.5 million, I could go for 210 million eventually? Or maybe I could take a little break and get the FGFC on Band Hero? Anything is possible.

More FC's! The FC difficulty curve is pretty flat for a big middle chunk of the series. E.g. the 450th song isn't THAT much harder than the 200th song. I think anyone who can get 300 can get 500, and probably even more. If you think you can FC Band Hero, 500 series FC's should be no problem. Sure, more and more songs will start to have "that one part", but learning how to hit those is where you really improve.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
bushidox  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very big congrats on getting 5* on every song in the series. This is a big deal, and for 95%+ of us that ever played the game is a pipe dream. You mentioned that you got all your scores in, but either your math is off, or you are still missing some scores. I put your name into my Expert table and got:
83rd at 191,390,162
220th at 56,013,100
102nd at 191,390,162

You might want to check to see if you are missing a game or two. Keep up the good work!

EDIT:
Hmm correction, scratch what I said earlier, apparently you didn't have all your scores in last FRIDAY, but do today. That being said, I just manually added your totals up, and came up with: 207,485,396 for the first and last column, I assume the O211 didn't change. Which means after the next update, and remembering to add you, you will be in 48th place! Congrats on your hard work.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548

Last edited by bushidox on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, my priority list would be something like this:
1.) 400-500 FCs (at the very least get the HSFC, but as IHB said 500 should be well within your grasp)
2.) Get on Bushi's boards (at least the 1st column with about 210 million
3.) FGFC BH.

Even so, that's an amazing job on finally getting the FS5*! I still have to get the 5* on DWDTG myself, which is partially because I'm kinda out of practice on playing Expert. I will get it, though, I know that much. Have you considered branching out into bass/vox yet?

Keep on playin', Karkid. You still got some life in you yet!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
karkid26  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@VertigoMan: Thanks! I plan to keep it up as much as I can in the next few months, as long as I can find spare time! :B

@ihatebarracuda: Thanks! Yeah, Spanish Fly is almost definitely the hardest song in the series to 5 star, it was a pretty big challenge... and yeah, I'm definitely gonna aim for picking up more FCs where I can!

@bushidox: Thanks for the congrats! I'm definitely gonna try and climb up those boards a little bit, though, there are a few songs I haven't played since about 2013 that could do with a quick do-over..

@voidedalive2x: Hey, thanks! You can definitely get the DWDTG 5*, if I could And I've been thinking about bass, definitely! I'll need something to do, maybe see what FCs I can get on that instrument. And vocals are... they're something?? Can't afford to be making a whole lot of screaming noise in university accommodation ^_^"

Guitar Hero Metallica FCs!
FC #13 / 336: The Unforgiven

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock FCs!
FC #61 / 337: Been Caught Stealing
FC #62 / 338: Deadfall

Band Hero FCs!
FC #01: ABC
FC #02: Picture To Burn

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Re-FCs!
Bleed It Out
Again

Summary
University's going pretty smoothly so far! And lucky for me, I managed to find a dude who brought along a console and some GH games to play! Those were... WoR and Band Hero, both for the Xbox 360. Seems like I might be heading for the BH FGFC before a whole lot of other stuff... But I can still redux older Warriors of Rock scores, and maybe play a little bass when I get the opportunity!

In the last few days, I've managed to improve my WoR XGuitar total by just over 700k, and pick up my first two FCs on Band Hero! Only 63 more to go, heh. From reduxing, I've noticed that a lot of songs that I seemed to not do too great on back when I started this thread seem realistically FCable now. Indians on WoR in particular I think I definitely have a good shot at! Deadfall, though, was a great surprise with how quickly I got it, only about three attempts tonight with the path before I managed to get everything in one run! If I wanted to get the rest of the songs for the half-series FC just from WoR, I'd need 75 FCs on this game... It seems optimistic, but hey, I'm not totally counting it out!

Hope to keep you all updated with more scores and FCs to come!

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you're in uni then I understand if you can't pound the pads or try your karaoke voice out. Not as forgiving as apartments, sometimes.

But still, holy shit on the Deadfall FC! You should definitely be able to get Indians if you can get Deadfall (...well, somewhat).

conlan22  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Band Hero. Of all the games they would have. Oh well at least youll maybe get to knock out that FGFC. And yeah, with a Deadfall FC! I think youre definitely capable of plenty more on WoR
karkid26  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@voidedalive2x: I certainly hope so! I'm looking forward to getting these new FCs when I have the chance to - there are a lot that I could get, it's just a matter of finding some and sticking to it until I get there! And - the guy with the console I'm using brought along a GH drumkit and mic recently! After a bit of playing around, it's probably safe to say I'm not going out of my way for a large list of FBFCs any time soon.

@conlan22: It kind of sucks that I'm not able to play many of the older games, but still, Band Hero seems like kind of the next logical step after what I've done thus far, right?

Anyway, just a quick update: Since the last post I made in this thread, I've been playing pretty much nothing but Band Hero. Grinding out a FGFC was kind of too alluring for me. At least it means I'll be on bushidox's Grand Total leaderboard too, eventually?

Band Hero FCs!
FC #03: Fascination
FC #04: Black Cat
FC #05: Paralyzer
FC #42: Turn Off The Light

Summary
42 down, 23 to go. Looking at the FC breakdown thread, it seems that the only really challenging songs left to get are Y.M.C.A., I Heard It Through The Grapevine, and maybe potentially You Had Me? I'm not at home for a lot of the break over Christmas, so I doubt I'll be finding time to grind out those last couple dozen songs in just a day or two. Plus, in my personal opinion, Grapevine is the hardest song in the game. I could still be going at this for a while.

On the bright side, it's looking like the guy from uni I keep talking about is preparing for the next semester of uni with a couple more GH games. GH3, and GH2. GH2, for the Xbox 360. Could get some exclusives out of that?

And finally, since I am hilariously childish, I happened to notice this while browsing my GH3 scores this afternoon. Really ought to redux it, in retrospect.

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane getting Black Cat so early. That song and Grapevine, in my opinion, are the hardest songs in the game. I can't remember a fair bit of the charts, but I remember both of those being very annoying.

Also, O.O, getting Deadfall so early. I think you can easily get up to 400+ FC's. I don't think I got that song until the late 70's/early 80's for WoR. Not for lack of trying either. Great job my friend.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: