SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
rivalry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
do you other two want to do a points thing like that? I was just gonna post the scores and stuff but that might make it more fun/interesting to do points. Let me know what you guys think.

either is fine with me. whatever you prefer/is easier for you

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll do a points system then and just post scores in this thread and the ill edit them into the OP. If no one else joins we can try to end this round by next Wednesday and then start the next round. Actually well probably just do that anyways and then people can catch up if they want.
conlan22  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have helpful advice for hitting doubles like the first act of bleed it out? I've never hit it ever and I'd really like to lol
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
Anyone have helpful advice for hitting doubles like the first act of bleed it out? I've never hit it ever and I'd really like to lol

Never been done on hard I think. You're missing the 400 at the end of the second activation from MADnelly's path. The hard part is not losing too much whammy so you can actually get it under SP. I suggest hitting the note before the first one of the phrase very early, the note after the phrase very late, and everything in between progressively later to minimise whammy loss.

I have hit the first two doubles on Lasso once each though (and managed to fuck up both runs by missing or forgetting to activate). My general advice for that kind of double is to hit the front end about half way, and hit the back end by doing a very quick DU on the strum bar. I time the DU at just a tiny bit after the note I hit with the D, but you'll have to find your own timing as it depends on how quick you do the DU. On such activations the front end is probably where you'll have difficultly in my experience.

conlan22  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh I looked at Fug's comment and you're right. The whole time I was thinking he got the double and then activated one note later on the last for more ticks. But I see what he did now.
conlan22  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lasso path is obviously wrong. The first act last 2 measures too long lol I must have been on drugsnp or something when I made it haha
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
oooh I looked at Fug's comment and you're right. The whole time I was thinking he got the double and then activated one note later on the last for more ticks. But I see what he did now.

i said in my path thread that the 1st double is impossible . i bought an hd pvr off of craigslist for dirt cheap so i'll mess around with recording my runs for this week

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah looking back idk how I missed that lol. Now my ears hate me for playing that song so many times haha. That'll be awesome to be able to watch some of the amazing scores I'm sure you'll get.

Edit: CAn either of you explain how to get the most points from glitch sustains like in fortunate son. The way I understand it you hit the first note early and then drop that fret right when the next note is on the hit line and then fret that note as late as possible. I could be completely wrong though. Also, does it work even when the other notes are strums too? Or just when it's a HO?

And it looks like no one else will be joining so these songs should be done by Wednesday and I'll put new songs up that day too. If there's a song you guys want to request just let me know and I'll put it in the next round.
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with the Lasso path is the first act is too long. The place to start the activation is right. Somehow I never noticed this until I played the song.

For Fortunate Son, hit the blue early, HOPO the orange late, and let go of the blue just before the orange. Also it's important to get the end of the orange hold, since that's where the burst of points from the tick glitch is. It would still work if the orange is a strum. The only thing that might be different is if it were a three or four note extended sustain, like in Demon(s), but I can't be bothered explaining it right now.

Also newuser, the double in Bleed It Out has been hit on X IIRC.

Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not involved, but I got 290,562 on What Do I Get? ...can't get the first squeeze.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
I'm not involved, but I got 290,562 on What Do I Get? ...can't get the first squeeze.

Do you mean the first squeeze as shown on your path or the first squeeze I suggest? I still haven't been able to even hit the first squeeze as shown on your path. That whammy is a nightmare.

Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
Chrisssss wrote:

Do you mean the first squeeze as shown on your path or the first squeeze I suggest? I still haven't been able to even hit the first squeeze as shown on your path. That whammy is a nightmare.

The one on my path. I'm guessing it's a double, or at least close to a double? I'm no good with beats and pathing stuff etc., but it is a tough ol' squeeze. I'm guessing Fug might have hit it though, unless he got a double on the last act.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've found a better alternative to that path. The first act do on the rb hold after those few yo's that the first act was on and squeeze to the rb hold and get ticks. And then remember to glitch the first note and you'll get near fug's score
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
I think I've found a better alternative to that path. The first act do on the rb hold after those few yo's that the first act was on and squeeze to the rb hold and get ticks. And then remember to glitch the first note and you'll get near fug's score

I do the RB hold anyway as per my comment at the bottom of my path. It's still damn hard though, so I've not hit it yet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So which note do you activate on?

Edit: read wrong lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: