ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S17 Winners: k3v227 (GH1), elScarecrow (GH:WT) and ProfessorJoe (RB1)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
I just want to prove that Fug isn't the only one that can beat this guy on a WT song. That's my goal this season.

Proof of concept.

not bad. how long did it take you to get (scared to call it optimal)?

About an hour. It took unusually long just to get adjusted to the song/engine and learn the path. Having my other TV on made me unfocused, so I kept forgetting where the activations were supposed to end. First FC (274,558), was probably 45 minutes in, lol . Considering that, it happened much faster than I had expected. This was my first time getting 44 on the last activation.

The negative thing is that there's nothing GHWT'y about this path at all. Some differences that I'm worried about are:

• You can't hit select and strum at the same time. Funnily that never applied in this path.
  • The extended sustain glitch works in WT too, right? I'm going to need some pointers on how to squeeze the most out of them.
  • Overlapping SP can lead to some weird things, like activations ending on sustains that you should start whammying as soon as SP runs out.
  • No SlowHero. It probably doesn't matter, but I won't be able to see what score I should have halfway through a song, unless there are videos. Not knowing a path is a clear disadvantage against scarecrow.

As for optimal, I'm scared to call it that too. I got this 15 minutes after "learning" the path . Maybe the second activation has more. It just seemed easier. So much that I even attempted a double squeeze a few times.

Also, this really surprised me. I have only played about half the career on single player. I did finish it in band mode. I know that I never got around to squeezing and stuff (which I had intended to do), but I forgot that I had played WT that little.

GHWT is broken as hell. Getting full whammy in that game is hard. My favorites still are GH1-GH3. Plus I cant even go to pathhero since it redirects me to Oprah.com and I cant use my PS2 SG's past GH3 (TAC adapter for ps3 broke) that means I have to use a crappy inconsistent gh5 guitar.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
I just want to prove that Fug isn't the only one that can beat this guy on a WT song. That's my goal this season.

Proof of concept.

About an hour. It took unusually long just to get adjusted to the song/engine and learn the path. Having my other TV on made me unfocused, so I kept forgetting where the activations were supposed to end. First FC (274,558), was probably 45 minutes in, lol . Considering that, it happened much faster than I had expected. This was my first time getting 44 on the last activation.

The negative thing is that there's nothing GHWT'y about this path at all. Some differences that I'm worried about are:

• You can't hit select and strum at the same time. Funnily that never applied in this path.
  • The extended sustain glitch works in WT too, right? I'm going to need some pointers on how to squeeze the most out of them.
  • Overlapping SP can lead to some weird things, like activations ending on sustains that you should start whammying as soon as SP runs out.
  • No SlowHero. It probably doesn't matter, but I won't be able to see what score I should have halfway through a song, unless there are videos. Not knowing a path is a clear disadvantage against scarecrow.

As for optimal, I'm scared to call it that too. I got this 15 minutes after "learning" the path . Maybe the second activation has more. It just seemed easier. So much that I even attempted a double squeeze a few times.

Also, this really surprised me. I have only played about half the career on single player. I did finish it in band mode. I know that I never got around to squeezing and stuff (which I had intended to do), but I forgot that I had played WT that little.

GHWT is broken as hell. Getting full whammy in that game is hard. My favorites still are GH1-GH3. Plus I cant even go to pathhero since it redirects me to Oprah.com and I cant use my PS2 SG's past GH3 (TAC adapter for ps3 broke) that means I have to use a crappy inconsistent gh5 guitar.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I signed up for the GH:WT league since it is the only one I will be able to play in. I encourage everyone to play in these leagues if you think you might want to do it. Let's try to get some people back in this community!
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be interesting to see how well you can do on the GHWT songs Bj0rn, considering how great you are at GH3.

In the meantime I'm going to get my ass slaughtered on GH1 nbd

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

Proof of concept.

I'll PM you what I know about manipulating glitched holds, what and some tips on what to do in certain situations. Don't really want to post it here because it could be quite lengthy and I haven't gotten my ideas in order yet. Plus I've got a tax project that will take up 95% of my days this week, so time is not on my side.

Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
has anyone ever swept every song in a league before?

No u. Well, I actually don't know the answer to that question. Maybe witwix in a GH3H league. Last season, I won 15/19 songs in GH3X with very little time to play one week, so it can clearly be done. But if it turns out that I have no hope of winning this league (I don't remeber if I've done a single squeeze in WT), you just gave me (and the rest of us) a secondary goal to shoot for. You shall no do a clean sweep!

Btw, if you are tied 1st on a song, you don't get 100 points. Does it still count as a clean sweep?

I have a primary goal and few obligations to inhibit it . knock on wood, I do only have one 360 guitar at this point though. :-/

Also ties are still 1sts- even if the points must be split. For sake of sweeping haha

OK, agreed. I'm excited to start, and see what we can do about these goals of yours. I just hope that I will get sufficient time to do my best. I think I should be good.
tannernieland11 wrote:

But it can't be more broken than GH3 with 200 ms video lag (can it?)

Also, tick dropping will probably cause me some trouble. IMO, GH3 and GHA are the only games that do tick dropping the right way (a bit inconsistent though). HMX games are OK, but GHWT+ makes it too hard to get all ticks sometimes.

And Oprah.com? Try this link in another browser, maybe? Like Chrome or... Opera . Or is this some IP ban?
THABEAST721 wrote:
Well I signed up for the GH:WT league since it is the only one I will be able to play in. I encourage everyone to play in these leagues if you think you might want to do it. Let's try to get some people back in this community!

Like you! I can't remember the last time I saw you playing on the GH side. I think JC's timing was pretty smart. He saw a lot of people suddenly showing up, and the first thing he did was start a league. I've done my part in this too, I just convinced two players I know IRL to join GHWT
FingerQuick wrote:
Should be interesting to see how well you can do on the GHWT songs Bj0rn, considering how great you are at GH3.

In the meantime I'm going to get my ass slaughtered on GH1 nbd

Interesting, indeed. Last season was a good boost to my self confidence. My hope is that I can get a good start, and not just get overrun by scarecrow in the first week. Would be excellent to destroy his "sweep" immediately
SlasherManEXE wrote:
I'll PM you what I know about manipulating glitched holds, what and some tips on what to do in certain situations. Don't really want to post it here because it could be quite lengthy and I haven't gotten my ideas in order yet. Plus I've got a tax project that will take up 95% of my days this week, so time is not on my side.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it (no rush).
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannernieland11 wrote:

hard != broken.

that being said the extended sustain glitch def qualifies as broken haha. whammy/ticks not so much

Bj0rn wrote:

But it can't be more broken than GH3 with 200 ms video lag (can it?)

Also, tick dropping will probably cause me some trouble. IMO, GH3 and GHA are the only games that do tick dropping the right way (a bit inconsistent though). HMX games are OK, but GHWT+ makes it too hard to get all ticks sometimes.

My hope is that I can get a good start, and not just get overrun by scarecrow in the first week. Would be excellent to destroy his "sweep" immediately

I've always struggled getting full whammy on GH3. GHWT is harder to get full whammy, but I'd argue it's less sporadic than on GH3. Also that lag glitch is like textbook definition of broken haha

Paths and ticks are going to be your main obstacles. Plus not all of my comments have the remaining points spelled out in them :p

EDIT: and FCability for the harder songs- HFT and LRM aren't exactly easy FCs, nevermind going for score
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time posting in the GH side of things.
Pretty freakin' stoked to finally be doing a league. Signed up for the RB one, and I'm hoping things will play out well. Since I main on RB3's engine and I've already FGFCd, I can see this going very well for me
Good luck to everyone, can't wait to get started
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand-master wrote:
First time posting in the GH side of things.
Pretty freakin' stoked to finally be doing a league. Signed up for the RB one, and I'm hoping things will play out well. Since I main on RB3's engine and I've already FGFCd, I can see this going very well for me
Good luck to everyone, can't wait to get started

good luck grandmaster
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when can you play RB1 songs on RB3 on Wii? Next time Wii RB3 is allowed I'm gonna pause-extend the hell out of every song as revenge.
82erkle  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for Rock Band X Guitar and GH:WT X Guitar. I'm probably gonna be horrible...I haven't played in over a year o_O.

Best of luck to everyone!!

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not. I've never done a league season before, and now is my time I guess. Only GH1 for me though, There's no squeezing for me with my Xplorer lol. Too bad my LP's are broken, plus I like the old engines anyway.
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:

general rule of thumb, you have to be able to get 50 points in ticks for a double squeeze to be possible with all 1/8 notes in question falling squarely on-beat (aka the ones in About a Girl and many GH songs)- 100 points in ticks per beat.

Until someone gets 48/52 on one of the activations, i wouldn't spent time trying to get a double.

Last edited by elScarecrow on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
aborren  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn convinced me to join the GHWT league even though I'm a total noob I hope I'll be able to clear all songs and not end up last!!
eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm joining the RB league... Probably a bad idea given my current schedule but eh... worth a shot

Also maybe I'll finish my damn pather >__<

Last edited by eddaket on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: