ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S17 - Guitar Hero: World Tour - Expert Guitar - Congrats elScarecrow!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: S17 - Guitar Hero: World Tour - Expert Guitar - Congrats elS Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 17 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero: World Tour Expert Guitar league.

I, psxfreak101, will be running this league.

This league is for the Expert difficulty on Guitar and will consist only of songs included in Guitar Hero: World Tour. All platforms are allowed, and selections will consist only of songs included on-disc and must be played on the Guitar Hero: World Tour disc. No DLC.

All regular season songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM EST (8:59PM PST). There is no way for us to add late scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it (unless proof is included). Please be careful.

Check songs and submit scores at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues.
When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season but 100% required for playoffs.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues.

When will results be posted? Results will be posted by 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night, but usually as soon as possible.

Playoffs
Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league when possible. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify a commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Just a reminder that one of the biggest reasons we discontinued leagues before was because of the high percentage of players dropping out before the end of the season. It ended up not being worth our time to keep these leagues organized and running when so few people were willing to stay committed to the end. Your actions affect other people, and dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again. Seriously, "I dont have time" or "I dont think I can win" are not valid reasons for not submitting! It's not hard to just submit a sightread score so the other people at least think there's competition. Habitual and/or egregious drop-outs may be banned from future leagues! This goes double for playoffs!

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for more than one week. If you are going to miss more than one week but honestly want to play additional weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9 and 10. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week. Such posts WILL be deleted!

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, we won't delete the score, but it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by psxfreak101 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, how come we can't see everyone who signed up for each league this time around? I'd like to get a feel for the competition :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I request a proof check from every 1st place score because scarecrow is a dirty dirty liar.

Also OWOA 2nd week pls so I can grind the shit out of it until I get both squeezes in the same run.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Just wondering, how come we can't see everyone who signed up for each league this time around? I'd like to get a feel for the competition :p
Well I'm in this league, not that I'd consider myself competition
In seriousness it's not posted until the end of week 1.
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:

Competition will make itself heard just fine (see the announcement topic if needed).

Also, I like getting BS songs first That way I can totally hope for songs I like better in the following weeks. Given the WT setlist is kind of cool, having 4 songs I don't like in a row should raise the odds of better songs next week. Inb4 NSTB, Overkill, Mountain Song and Purple Haze though :\/

Ah well, reason to get out of bed today, let's gogogo ! :)

Also, maybe you guys should add the red/bold part concerning leagues drop-outs somewhere on the front page, and it would appear only for people who signed up, something like that *thinks back to personal fail from 2,5 years ago*
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I absolutely despice WT, I'm actually looking forward to losing to Scarecrow.
Good Luck everyone, let's try to keep Scarecrow from getting a perfect score!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... I do need to FC Pull Me Under eventually so I guess now is the time. Good luck to everyone! I hope to crack the top 3 on as many songs as I can.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
tt122112  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:

Here's the list for WT, it's posted on the leagues page before you choose "Enter Scores" there's an option to view standings for each league:

elScarecrow
greenbaymackey
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
PowerM3tal
JordanExpertFTW
JohnnyGrey
karkid26
aborren
LlamaYip
llamaman2
alexhaz64
WhYYZ
Bj0rn
SPinD0cter
EvilDrGiggles
Yarin
slashn0
cabik97
BigD080989
Gyoo
arvain
Roenja89
ghp0wn3r
THABEAST721
Jleggy12
DrSham
Guitar-God
8all5sllaB
newuser1234
singemfrc
vengefulsorrow
82erkle
xXGHXx
Subbydude
SlasherManEXE
azatsulaiman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the best paths for this game located at? I am not the greatest at pathing, so it would be nice to have a reference.

PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Where are the best paths for this game located at? I am not the greatest at pathing, so it would be nice to have a reference.

Here

Now I have to play through career unfortunately to unlock Pull Me Under.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
82erkle  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tt122112 wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:

Here's the list for WT, it's posted on the leagues page before you choose "Enter Scores" there's an option to view standings for each league:

*names*

Wow, good to see some of these names are still involved/returning to the community! Can't wait to engage in some friendly competition with all of you! Best of luck.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerM3tal wrote:
THABEAST721 wrote:

Here

Also here. Note that you do need to make an account for that site to view the paths though.

Usually my way of doing things for new school games is to check the pathhero path vs. the top scores, check rubydanger, and compare the two for any missing points that aren't accounted for. Often times some extra points will be possible from the extended sustain glitch, or extra squeezes, or something like that. It's not perfect, and scarecrow almost certainly has a few superior paths up his sleeve, but it's the best I can do.
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the GHWT engine being broken...

I hope everyone has fun with the first activation of Assassin

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
PowerM3tal wrote:
THABEAST721 wrote:

Here

Also here. Note that you do need to make an account for that site to view the paths though.

Usually my way of doing things for new school games is to check the pathhero path vs. the top scores, check rubydanger, and compare the two for any missing points that aren't accounted for. Often times some extra points will be possible from the extended sustain glitch, or extra squeezes, or something like that. It's not perfect, and scarecrow almost certainly has a few superior paths up his sleeve, but it's the best I can do.

Ok thanks guys. Is there a reference anywhere on how the extended sustain glitch works? I have never really squeezed any games past GH:A, so I have never tried it. I know it is something like you release the lower fret early during one. For instance, if there were a RY extended sustain that started as just a R sustain, the sustain would end with you only holding Y. I hope it's not too difficult to learn because that will be a big part in the easier songs for this league.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest thing to remember for the extended sustain glitch is that you have to release the lower note (in your example the red) BEFORE pressing the higher note (the yellow). If you hit the higher note at the same time or before releasing the lower, you end up with less points than you would have if you just played the sustains without dropping at all. Also be careful with the end of the sustain, if you hit the next note before the end of the extended sustain, it cuts off the extra points you would get from dropping the hold. There are other subtleties, but those are really the most important points regarding that.
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: