Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ho ho ho (The gift thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guku416  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got myself $20 and Family Guy Stewie pajamas from my grandparents. I'll probably get money from my mom tomorrow then I'll spend it on weed. Also got rather lit on gin and sprite, rum and coke, miller light and michelob ultra. A few hours ago I also treated myself to some good ol' vandalism after failing to acquire alcohol (1 more fucking month).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
Fhdra wrote:
I didn't mean you. I mean the OP.

How many 12 year olds do you know that drink alcohol?

I'm pretty sure fhdra was forcefed it from the moment he came out of the womb. Would certainly explain a lot.

As for me, money, booze, boxers, socks, aftershave, bathrobe, and a book. Typical old man stuff.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clothing gifts, including a bizarre T-shirt.
Guiros
The Simpsons season 2
A Fender Squier
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received $260, a Wii U, and a new cymbal stand for my drumset. Guess I need to go out and buy a cymbal now. :/
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of Alcohol, some clothes, Burtons voucher for 70, guy toiletries. Y'know, the usual.

Did treat myself to a Marshall Guv'nor MK1 pedal though. Basically one of the best distortion pedals you can get.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas as an adult is waaay more fun when you have a niece/nephew (or child) since you get to play Santa... so that was really the best part of Christmas. I got my nephew some space pajamas and a Batman hoodie and an awesome stuffed dragon.

I did get a few nice things myself too. Gift cards for buying new clothes and to some restaurants, a couple of books, some ingredients and recipes from my sister and some handmade coasters, some really nice kitchen utensils, and some cash money (my family partially owns a farm so if they get a dividend check they split it among us for Christmas money. Some years we get nothing and other years the farm is productive... this was a good year).

From my in-laws we got some birthday/Christmas money several months ago so naturally we bought a WiiU. I also got my husband a Kindle Fire HDX for Christmas last month (TheOatmeal got it right for us). And lately I've been getting a little carried away with the Steam sale... haha. http://i.imgur.com/YnCnnEG.jpg

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i.imgur.com/v4nQRk1.jpg

Main gift from parents, pretty sweet. All titanium so it's ultra light and not too fancy that I have to dress up to wear it.

Also received a grooming kit, a book, a light jacket, and other clothes.
(The computer box in the background is from my mother's gift)

However my favorite part by far was getting gifts for my friends and family. My best gift was a really cool bird atlas for my parents that they have really enjoyed so far (a lot of sparrows and others always all over our bird feeders, and it's surprisingly difficult to find a North American bird field guide that doesn't just list their features and unaesthetically show their different plumages).

EDIT: HOLY CRAP HUGE IMAGE MARVEL AT HOW COOL MY NEW WATCH IS
NU Grad 2015
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
lately I've been getting a little carried away with the Steam sale... haha.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas

I only got my PC/steam account in June and somehow I have more than 100 Games. Damn Steam sales.

CamelTower wrote:
giant image

You really should just link an image that big rather than destroy the forum page with it
Edit: oops you already did.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Christmas as an adult is waaay more fun when you have a niece/nephew (or child) since you get to play Santa... so that was really the best part of Christmas.

pretty much this. with 3 kids, X-mas is VERY different than before. much better but you get alot less gift, but i dont mind much. seeing the kids eyes shinning from their gifts is the best feeling you can get "LOOK PAPA WHAT SANTA GAVE ME"

anyhow, still managed to get some from Santa: Mario & Luigi Wii controller, Chocolate & a pack of 4 beers from a local brewery. like I said, to much but thats enough for me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still enjoy opening my gifts the most

I don't think I ever graduated from being a kid
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
I still enjoy opening my gifts the most

I don't think I ever graduated from being a kid

I do too but everyone is pissed at me because I generally find what's inside before opening it, ruining the fun (which is my fun lol)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Christmas as an adult is waaay more....

....different. lol I never want anything anymore. Honestly, I just want the day off from work. My parents did buy me a tablet which was totally unexpected since I didn't ask for one, need one, or have even looked at them. But I love it. It's basically a mini laptop that is MUCH MORE convenient than carrying around my laptop everywhere. My grandma bought me the last hardcover I needed for my Redwall collection, so I now have all 21 books in hardcover. Other than that, my mom says I'm hard to buy for because as an adult, I buy everything I need. And the stuff that I do want, I would never ask anyone else to try to purchase for me due to cost. I got some more random stuff like clothes, hot sauces, and more kitchen accessories (I love to cook). Actually, one thing I did ask for was a new cutting board and my mom bought me a REALLY nice one. She left the price tag on it by accident and I would have never paid that kind of money for a slab of wood. lol I do love it though! Used it to carve the Christmas ham that same day :)

I look forward to giving gifts to my brothers and parents each Christmas. It's more fun to hunt down what they want than it is for me to try to make a list of stuff for people to buy for me. And the food on Christmas. That's probably what I look forward to more than anything else other than having the day off!

Quote:
And lately I've been getting a little carried away with the Steam sale... haha.

Haha. I didn't buy anything off of Steam, but I did get Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics for free off GOG. I also purchased Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and the expansion packs along with Sim City 2000 for less than $2. So that made me pretty happy
youhas  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, put me in the "I never want anything anymore" camp myself. I mean, I already have more stuff than I know what to do with. There's very little I'd care to acquire that'd materially improve my life, and I'm generally able to purchase those items for myself without having to bother others about it. I splurged and bought myself a really good set of headphones and a really nice bottle of whiskey (Johnnie Walker Platinum Label!) around Christmastime, and I was very happy with the goodies I had thoughtfully acquired for myself. :)

Sometimes I feel like it's a cop-out, where I just ask my mom and my sister point blank what they'd like for Christmas... but then I know I'll get something they're into, and since I generally have more discretionary income than either of them, I can pick up things that might not otherwise fit into their budgets. So my mom gets her sheepskin car seat covers, and my sister gets more place settings for the dishware series she especially fancies, and everyone is totally stoked come Christmas morning. It's awesome, getting to be the bearer of good fortunes!

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a mic for DJing, a microwave, pajamas, and a men's sexy smelling kit.

I also got an Nvidia 650ti from my brother for my birthday.

I bought myself a used Pioneer DJM-500 mixer, a pair of custom made phat pants, and bought my girlfriend a custom made pair of phat pants.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got what I always get for Christmas, Christmas vacation from the kids at school. Being a teacher, its the 2nd best time of the year.

Besides that, i bought myself and my wife a 50" TV, so that's our Christmas. Besides that a whole bunch of Montreal Canadiens stuff and a cool Flashlight from my parents.

1 year Wedding Anniversary was also over the holidays, and got an autographed PK Subban picture and an autographed Saku Koivu hockey puck.

Christmas rocks!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: