SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
nty
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlakePlaysGH  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: nty Reply with quote

this whole thread was a fail. so ima just wait for a league kthxbye

Last edited by BlakePlaysGH on Sun May 11, 2014 11:42 am; edited 10 times in total
k3v227  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in this as soon as i can get a functioning guitar :/

Maybe wait on this if we're gonna set up a gh 80's rivalry, but if other people want to do this then GL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same situation as Kev, if I get a guitar for my Xbox I would be down for this.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3 would be fun, but there is this problem with the lag manipulation to obtain awesome scores. I wouldn't dare to bother with it, but it's really hard to tell what an optimal score is on that game now.

BlakePlaysGH  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
GH3 would be fun, but there is this problem with the lag manipulation to obtain awesome scores. I wouldn't dare to bother with it, but it's really hard to tell what an optimal score is on that game now.

As far as i can tell, it's hard as balls to pull off. You have to FC a song with 200ms lag, and hit all the squeezez (plus the "extra" overlap squeeze). Tanman has pulled all his score obtained through lag, and it seems all the current 1st places on GH3 are completely lag free except for Reptilia, and even then it's not that big of a deal (lol 16 points).

And also, for waiting on this. Id be down to wait until the GH80's rivalry is over before we start this one

You guys should work on getting a working guitar for GH3 in the meantime

SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys get guitars and settle on a format, I'd be happy to join in. My gh3 scores are off the ps2, so there will be an obvious improvement even just by the console switch, but we can let this sit for a while and gather a respectable amount of interest

tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:

I deleted my lag glitch scores. They were easy to obtain and it wasnt fair to others.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
BlakePlaysGH  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
If you guys get guitars and settle on a format, I'd be happy to join in. My gh3 scores are off the ps2, so there will be an obvious improvement even just by the console switch, but we can let this sit for a while and gather a respectable amount of interest
My switch from GH3 PS2 to PS3 was enormous. The difference is ungodly when you switch to 360/ps3 GH3 (atleast it was for me anyways).

SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakePlaysGH wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
My switch from GH3 PS2 to PS3 was enormous. The difference is ungodly when you switch to 360/ps3 GH3 (atleast it was for me anyways).

Well, somehow you can actually get good scores on ps2, cjsteamfoo proved it by having 1st on gh3 medium, but I'm scared to find out what scores he'll get on 360/wii haha

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
BlakePlaysGH wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

Well, somehow you can actually get good scores on ps2, cjsteamfoo proved it by having 1st on gh3 medium, but I'm scared to find out what scores he'll get on 360/wii haha

*cue tanner's rage in 3,2,1...*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakePlaysGH wrote:
THABEAST721 wrote:

As far as i can tell, it's hard as balls to pull off. You have to FC a song with 200ms lag, and hit all the squeezez (plus the "extra" overlap squeeze). Tanman has pulled all his score obtained through lag, and it seems all the current 1st places on GH3 are completely lag free except for Reptilia, and even then it's not that big of a deal (lol 16 points).

Yeah, these are pretty much two different things. Lag manipulation can have an effect on score in two vastly different ways. Tanman's glitch is the most broken thing that I've seen in a GH game (maybe tied with the GH2 play-any-song-as-another glitch). In the last GH3 league, we banned that glitch. And it is my opinion that ScoreHero should consider it a cheat.

It was noted that lag manipulation was already allowed for the RB side. That's why, for the sake of consistency, SH didn't decide to remove Tanner's scores. IIRC on RB, you can exploit negative lag in order to get more whammy. But at least that makes sense.

Very similarly to the RB lag glitch, high lag in GH3 can be used to get ticks from a sustain that is just barely out of reach for ticks otherwise. That's what happens in Reptilia, and probably School's Out too (I haven't tried that one yet). It's glitched, of course, but at least it makes some kind of sense. And on top of that, having different lag settings seems to have semi-random effects on tick squeezes in general, much like the effects of playing on different consoles. As an example, the final of the last league was Holiday In Cambodia. I got 506,136 thanks to an extra 400 point squeeze while Undead got 505,740 without it. His score surprised me very much. Even after seeing it, I'm 99% sure that my score has optimal ticks for my console on my lag settings (0 lag). Undead played on Wii, and I don't know his lag settings, but he says that he often got those ticks from the reverse tick squeeze. I never got those ticks. I got the equivalent of *36 and *44 all the time. Remember, this is a reverse tick squeeze, so getting the ticks doesn't mean getting the squeeze (back end). His amount of ticks simply didn't exist in my game. Anyway, I bet that if I mess with my lag settings or switch to a Wii, his ticks will probably start happening to me. My HMWYBS score is also a case of playing on like 85ms lag and suddenly getting better ticks than I ever had gotten before, for no apparent reason.

These glitches, though, are so much milder than the Tanman glitch. So I still say ban that glitch (it can't be done unintentionally), but allow the other, milder lag exploits. I really dislike these too, and the optimal way to treat them would be to have lag settings in score submissions. If the old Reptilia score had "PS2 50ms/50ms" written on it (at least the PS2 part is there), that mystery would have been solved within days. But I admit it's too late to introduce something like that now unless someone figures out the perfect formula for adjusting scores based on console/lag combinations.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, is it fair to say if this rivalry starts up we all just agree to normal lag settings and fair play? Had no idea this game was so broken

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
BlakePlaysGH wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

*cue tanner's rage in 3,2,1...*

I dont believe some of his PS2 scores. Thats it. I just think he did it to become 1st in a game. An example is Holiday inCambodia, Impulse, and Suck My Kiss ticks are different on PS2 than Wii, Ps3, and Xbox360.

Last edited by tannernieland11 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:41 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll watch you legends from a distance (:
NU Grad 2015
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to compete on the easier songs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: