SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gh2 is a good gh, and people should play it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaylanCloss  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
Awesome! Especially PbFo and BatH. Squeezing psychobilly is so obnoxious, and bath solo d may be the hardest non-trogdor section in the game for me. Any tips on it?

On xbox I used to start the solo on an upstrum. I'd hold down the strum bar on the orange hold to do it.

On ps2 it feels so much easier for me that I just strum it normally. Quick 3 strums and then doubles.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaylanCloss wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:
Awesome! Especially PbFo and BatH. Squeezing psychobilly is so obnoxious, and bath solo d may be the hardest non-trogdor section in the game for me. Any tips on it?

On xbox I used to start the solo on an upstrum. I'd hold down the strum bar on the orange hold to do it.

On ps2 it feels so much easier for me that I just strum it normally. Quick 3 strums and then doubles.

Its probably because ps2 PAL strum limit is absurdly high. 360s is way lower

smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I fc'd it strumming every note on pal, but I don't have access to that now. On 360 i can never even get to 3x on full speed either strumming through or using the hopos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it on PS2 NTSC btw lol
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn nice. I hit it in practice strumming through on ntsc ps2 a handful of times, but never was consistent. That seems to work not at all on 360. :/

Just got 3rd on Billion Dollar Babies. Someone ambitious should go for the R on the final activation. It doesn't look particularly difficult, but i find the rest of the song super tedious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original FC of BatH was on 360 NTSC, but with a shitty score.
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaylanCloss wrote:

did you strum all of it for that?

Also, tanner, where the fuck is the extra squeeze on monkey wrench? I'm not even gonna go for it probably, but i'm super curious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
RaylanCloss wrote:

Also, tanner, where the fuck is the extra squeeze on monkey wrench? I'm not even gonna go for it probably, but i'm super curious

No, as I said I started the solo on an upstrum.
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

I'm guessing that on the first act, instead of getting reverse ticks you just squeeze in the 5th GY chord. Unless you're talking about the absurdly hard 600 that's supposedly left according to his comment. That I don't know.
http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh2-ps2/expert/monkeywrench.upper-bound.best.png
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FkOnFireGh2 wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

I'm guessing that on the first act, instead of getting reverse ticks you just squeeze in the 5th GY chord. Unless you're talking about the absurdly hard 600 that's supposedly left according to his comment. That I don't know.
http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh2-ps2/expert/monkeywrench.upper-bound.best.png

That's kinda what i figured, but 1st is only 200 ahead of 2nd. I think it might be activating on the YO chord since you can get a bigger frontend squeeze that way? lolgh2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

That's kinda what i figured, but 1st is only 200 ahead of 2nd. I think it might be activating on the YO chord since you can get a bigger frontend squeeze that way? lolgh2

How zany is this game? If you can get a bigger frontend squiz by activating on the YO sustain(???) at measure 58.25 and squeeze the third GY chord at the end that would get like the extra 150 or so in ticks that first place has. But, it seems like that would be the same squeeze as just activating on the first YO after the sustain at meas 58.5 and then squizzing in a 5th GY at the end, getting an extra like 350 points aka ~200 over the current 1st place.

Also, maybe a double squiz on the last act for an extra 400. Seems, legit, yolo swag.
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
RaylanCloss wrote:

smoky just move back first act to the sustain for some reason its possible. Doubles are possible on sustains. Also, that comment is wrong my score is optimal on ps2, however 360 users get an extra tick.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FkOnFireGh2 wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

How zany is this game? If you can get a bigger frontend squiz by activating on the YO sustain(???) at measure 58.25 and squeeze the third GY chord at the end that would get like the extra 150 or so in ticks that first place has. But, it seems like that would be the same squeeze as just activating on the first YO after the sustain at meas 58.5 and then squizzing in a 5th GY at the end, getting an extra like 350 points aka ~200 over the current 1st place.

Also, maybe a double squiz on the last act for an extra 400. Seems, legit, yolo swag.

Doubles don't work in GH2 unless they are above a certain BPM anything under 190 is pretty much impossible unless it's on a sustain. IDK Guitar Hero in GH1 is the same thing except in reverse it ends on a sustain. 1st activation that is.

I've hit a double in Trippin on a hole, misirlou, laid to rest, and one for the road. I've never hit any of the doubles in Six however.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a theory that when a note is followed shortly after by another of the same note, the backend timing window only expands to halfway between it and the next note.

This would make doubles on sustains sensible too.

Also I think I can hit the MW squeeze, but might wait off on it a bit. Would probably take longer than i think to actually get it + the bridge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a new score on laughtrack today

got a new score on misirlou today with -12. Gonna try to FC soon.

both still awful scores

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: