Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gh2 is a good gh, and people should play it
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: gh2 is a good gh, and people should play it Reply with quote

see the topic. Im not particularly interested in a set rivalry, but this thread can serve as a talking place for people going after new scores on GH2, xbox or ps2.

Personally, I'm working my way down the setlist ever so slowly. The only score I'm kinda proud of is Woman cause of that wonky solo squeeze. I can get 200 more on life wasted with the solo double that I'm consistent on, but i can't get the 2nd and 3rd squeezes + actually fc the solo for the life of me

Also a week ago I had what I'm 95% sure would have been first on lady lightning (hit squeezes on both of the awkward verse activations), but missed in the outro because I'm a scrub

also fuck whammying the last mother activation, jesus christ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am chipping out slowly at GH2, also! Between trying to finish up my GH1 scores and the GH:80s "Rivalry" not a lot is getting done, but I plan on doing this. I got 63/64 back in like 2009 without using any paths even because I was the biggest scrub there ever was. If you go to my scores page, it's obvious what I have already redone haha.

But yeah. gh2 is a good gh, and I wil play it

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemini can suck my balls. I should've FC'd that about 3 years ago but instead made me ragequit the game. Maybe i'll pick it up again after 80's since the engine is essentially the same.

smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i have a question: how good have emulators gotten for gh?

like would the world's easiest workaround to trogdor be to emulate gh2 on a pal BIOS? or is there too much lag to actually do that reliably? (assume computing power is not an issue here)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

like would the world's easiest workaround to trogdor be to emulate gh2 on a pal BIOS? or is there too much lag to actually do that reliably? (assume computing power is not an issue here)

Well..that could theoretically be true, but everything is easier on a perfectly working emulator. I think someone actually got the ban hammer for emulating gh2 scores and getting insane 1sts (1k over Six's top score for example LOL)

xbillax  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

Well..that could theoretically be true, but everything is easier on a perfectly working emulator. I think someone actually got the ban hammer for emulating gh2 scores and getting insane 1sts (1k over Six's top score for example LOL)

I think it's really hard to make an emulator that is identical to a console, as far as I know there's only like NES and SNES emulators that are that good, and to make them the consoles even got scanned to get things done perfect.

I'm not sure, but if you can use different framerates it might impact a lot of stuff, but I don't really know. I tried to emulate GH2 on PCS2X like 3 years ago for easier customs but never got it to work smoothly (though as I said, that was 3 years ago).

But I must agree GH2 is awesome, best game in the series (alongside 80's (which even has no hopo bug so + to harmonix for that!))
GH5 00/85 - GHVH 00/47 - GHWoR 00/93 - GHL 00/42
k3v227  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

I believe you might need a PAL GH2 iso to run GH2 on PAL. I'm not an expert on PS2 emulators so I'm not 100% sure but hopefully someone else can confirm or debunk that. I'm pretty this is correct because when you boot a game with swap magic you can either select NTSC or PAL for the game itself. I don't think swap magic is changing the actual PS2 BIOS (that sounds a little ridiculous to me). So I think it's the type of ISO you have that matters and not the BIOS.

Also in my experience, computer power matters a lot or else your game might not lock at 60 FPS (it might jump between like 50-60). Again I'm not an expert, but hopefully all of this is somewhat useful

ALSO, <33333333333333333333333333333333333

SlasherManEXE wrote:

I don't know everything about that story, but being able to get insane scores on an emulator would be related to if you could get your FPS above 60 and not have your game run faster because of that I think. This is similar to how disabling Vsync (locks FPS at 60) on Gh3pc makes the game easier because the game can run at 125-1000 FPS. So I don't think there is a problem with playing GH2 on an emulator, but I might be wrong with all of this lol...

EDIT: I forgot to mention that savestating is obviously an issue with emulators, but idk how that relates to the story that was previously mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

doing that requires either
a: modifying the game's code to make squeezes easier
or
b: savestating to get perfect squeezes/straight up tas autoplay

playing through an unaltered copy of the game (at 60 fps) with only the controller as input should be fine? it's doing the same thing in theory

idk, i just recently dropped ton on my computer, and figure i may as well get every use possible out of it (since i can't afford a ps2/pal compatible tv )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

It was priestrsc he did everything on an emulator

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be cool to use the emulator to see if squeezes are possible. Like what McSkinny did with FiU first act.

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:
I think it would be cool to use the emulator to see if squeezes are possible. Like what McSkinny did with FiU first act.

that too. i would love to see a TAS of psychobilly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
FingerQuick wrote:

that too. i would love to see a TAS of psychobilly

speaking of psychobilly im currently grinding that song for UB whammy.

For Psycho theres .02 error on each of the 8 sustains for you to get it. Half bar is 7.353 beats and UB gives 7.55 beats of whammy. Without early whammy it only gives 5.84 beats.

Last edited by tannernieland11 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

doing that requires either
a: modifying the game's code to make squeezes easier
or
b: savestating to get perfect squeezes/straight up tas autoplay

playing through an unaltered copy of the game (at 60 fps) with only the controller as input should be fine? it's doing the same thing in theory

idk, i just recently dropped ton on my computer, and figure i may as well get every use possible out of it (since i can't afford a ps2/pal compatible tv )

I think he jacked up the fps like you can do with gh3pc.

Regardless, you'd probably have to do a proof video showing game settings, but, proceeding moderator comment, I don't see how that would be an issue. Only possible way emulator wouldn't be accurate under correct settings would be if you played DS guitar hero with a console controller or something.

But you should worry about Jordan first.

smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fucking solid at all of B except the ascending trips, and good at C except the 1st half of C2 (specifically the GGRRR bullshit, tips appreciated)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
Gemini can suck my balls. I should've FC'd that about 3 years ago but instead made me ragequit the game. Maybe i'll pick it up again after 80's since the engine is essentially the same.

after 5 years of not playing this out of frustration i FC'd it in a few runs lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: