ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Downstrum Triggers PS Button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Guitar Downstrum Triggers PS Button Reply with quote

I have a WoRtar for my PS3 that has been great to me until recently. Last time I tried to play Rock Band 3, every time I did a downstrum, it would trigger the PS button. It was doing this before I even started playing, while I was navigating the menus. Has anyone seen this before, and have any ideas on how to troubleshoot or fix it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried another guitar for RB3 ? I'm pretty sure mines didnt do that but i'd hate to double check to confirm it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't yet tried my other guitar yet. I don't think it's an incompatibility with the system as the same guitar was working fine for RB3 a few nights before this started happening. Just suddenly one day I loaded up the game to play like normal, and it started doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was able to solve it, but it's kind of embarrassing. A change of batteries solved the problem I heard that low batteries can cause weird issues, but I'd never actually experienced them before; typically, when the batteries run low, I would get random short disconnects and blinking lights on the guitar.

On another note, I HATE the way the battery cover is secured to the WoRTar. The plastic thing that moves when you press the button to disengage the battery cover got misaligned, so I damn near had to break it to get it open. I have removed the rivet, plastic piece, and spring so I don't have to deal with it anymore, and the battery cover still seems to hold on securely enough, but now I have a gaping hole where the button used to be. I may try to see if I can figure out how to 3D print a replacement part, since we have free access to 3D printers at my work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that you're telling me this, it all make senses and it did happened to me once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: