Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Midnight's Acc. Thread - GH5/Band Hero Expert Vocals FGFC,
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Midnight's Acc. Thread - GH5/Band Hero Expert Vocals FGFC, Reply with quote

Update 4/17/2017
Hey I'm alive!

First and foremost, for the sake of time here's a whooooole lot of stuff I've gotten done in both series since I last updated this OP. You may not know a lot of these charts/songs but I think they're all neat. I will say though:

-The Killing Moon was done with an actual keyboard controller and not just on keytar, and since I'm not too too experienced with actual keys I think that was cool to get 1st try.
-Creeping Death has a fast and difficult strumming section that I'm amazed I hit 1st try, especially on GHWoR where that can be particularly fucky because of the faulty engine. Oh and I hit the triplets at the end which are plenty missable too.
-Starting to Appreciate was done with me playing vocals and bass at the same time. Didn't get gold stars because my path was ass especially since I didn't hit a lot of clappies and because both instruments were a sightread for me but I don't consider myself great at voxtar/voxbass in general so I was proud.
-A lot of these were 1st try or even sightread FCs.

Secondly, I'm still making Full Band FCs happen with Team Aftermath and Team Triggy Stardust, both of which are linked in my signature. Go check 'em out, they're still churning out great stuff.

Aaaaand that's about it. Peace.

Update 7/23/2015
http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Midnight-Rider/media/001_zpsayis9jff.jpg.html

Oh god yes

Update 7/21/2015
Alright, where to begin...

First off, in case you missed it I got Suicide & Redemption K.H. on guitar. My dumb reaction says it all.

Second, the lovely nunovanhalen023 has started a channel dedicated to FBFCs. Yeah yeah, real original. Though this is gonna be a more open channel, where you can participate even if you're already on a team like ERG2 or AM. We'll see how things go.

Update 7/18/2015: 1st Ever Stacy's Mom Full Band FC!
Just like One Way of Another, this one really just came down to vocals. Also IIRC Brandon's first GH FBFC.
Also don't expect much more GHVH stuff from us, even though I'm down to do as much as I can.

Update 7/9/2015: More GH vox domination!

I'm the One
Dedicated to AbyssionQC <3

Stacked Actors

Albatross
Full Band FC maybe?

Toxicity

Mercyful Fate
Only one of these that was 1st try.

Tuesday's Gone
Holy shit.

I got some others along the way but these are the ones I was especially proud of.

Update 7/8/2015: Multiple GH Van Halen Vocals FCs

So after an unsuccessful GHM session I felt a sudden urge to pop in GHVH and scout for FBFCable songs on vocals. Through some arcane luck I managed to channel my inner Airshock and nab some vocal FCs I never really thought I'd get. Also an undocumented re-FC of Sick, Sick, Sick and some attempts at Mean Street and I Want it All. Very proud of this session and I'd love to FBFC these (even though Space Truckin' is basically never happening ).

Space Truckin'

Stacy's Mom

Double Vision

Safe European Home (only one of these that was 1st try)

Update 6/11/2015
1st Ever One Way or Another Full Band FC

so yeah I did a thing with these guys I guess

check their channel out, they've got some great GH/RB FBFCs

Update 6/4/2015
Well, summer break has officially commenced on my end, so you know what that means - more rhythm gaming funsies! Right now I'm working on GHWT vocals, getting stuff like Love Me Two Times, Escuela De Calor, B.Y.O.B., and more under my belt. I've also realized that I cannot path on pre-GH5 vocals worth a damn, so there's that. More on the way.

Update 1/30/2015: Space Truckin' and I Want it All Expert Guitar FCs, Come to Life Expert Bass FC!
Wow, I actually willed myself to come back to this game. Anyway, here's some more sweet FCs in my opinion. Ironically enough, while ST took me more tries (dumb misses before the solo...) and IWiA was a 1st try, I (and I'm sure some others here if the GHVH FC breakdown is anything to go by) consider the latter to be the harder FC. CtL also took multiple tries thanks to some dumb misses here and there, though I think it's more a fun bass chart than a hard one.
EDIT: Rock and Roll is Dead, Pain, and Master Exploder Expert Vocals FCs! Christ, I am terrible on vocals in this game.

Update 1/24/2015: Miss Murder, No One Knows, Woman, Monkey Wrench, and Hollywood Nights Expert Bass FCs
Thought I'd have myself a little Bass session. In the process I got probably two of my best FCs across all instruments yet - No One Knows and Hollywood Nights! The former has a super-missable section in the guitar solo and the latter is just long and really, really, really fucking chokable. Also this is the first (and likely only ever) documented X Bass FC of this song on WoR on this site, so there's that. Or at least, the first to be posted via score.
EDIT: Also had a pretty nasty choke on Move it on Over, and several chokes throughout Anything. I know I can get these two. On plus side, I just got myself an FC of Disconnected (the song by In Flames that was DLC, not the song by Face to Face on GH5)!

Update 1/24/2015:
Guitar Hero World Tour: X Vocals Full Import FC!

I'm gonna cut the fluff: I'm never FGFC'ing the actual WT disc (that godforsaken vocal engine...). Luckily, since I got the WT import (among some other things) before it was too late, I thought I'd get the next best thing (I guess...). Obviously with WoR's substantially improved vocal engine this was a lot easier to take down, though there are still a select few that have given me a great deal of trouble:

-One Way or Another (have I mentioned I fucking hate this song/chart?
-Never Too Late
-L'via L'viaquez (why does the hardest part have to be at the very end of the song >.>)
-Demolition Man (Live)
-Stranglehold
-Our Truth
-The Joker

But yeah, it's all done. Possibly my greatest GH/RB achievement so far. And yes, I may get around to redux-ing for better scores further down the line.

Update 1/23/2015:
Demolition Man (Live) Expert Vocals FC

I think I can safely say I've gotten the last of the actually really tough vocals songs out of the way for the GHWT import. Now I just have all these small-ish fries left, than I'll get what just might be the first ever GHWT Full Import FC on X Vocals. I feel like Connor in the description of this video.

Update 1/19/2015:
-Love Spread Expert Bass FC

Fairly lengthy and chokable (on both guitar and bass), but quite fun as well. I've FC'd the guitar chart in a Power Challenge before, and I plan to eventually get a proper non-PC score up. Also gunning for X Bass FCs of We've Got a Situation Here, Love in an Elevator, and the GH: On Tour Modern Hits Theme (it's not just the guitar chart that's a toughie...). I would go for Stranglehold but 1. that song is a neverending, unfun drag on all instruments and 2. FUCK THAT BASS OUTRO.

Update 1/18/2015:
-Tones of Home Expert Vocals FC

One Way of Another Expert Vocals FC

So yeah. I am new to this sort of shindig, so don't expect this thread to be as well-put together as some others here. And yes, as much as it pains me to even think about it, I am well aware this community is nowhere near as lively/active as it once was (and that's being generous...). Regardless, I still enjoy both Guitar Hero and Rock Band a great deal, and there are still at the very least a few others still here, so here I remain. I'm also obviously not as skilled all around as many other notable names here (Marbler, GhostType, Kramral, dramacomic...) but who knows, perhaps something will come up.

You can also catch me on Twitter, as linked in my signature.

Last edited by Midnight-Rider on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 am; edited 41 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
xXGhostTypeXx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, you get used to making threads pretty easily. Good to see you started one up.
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thread is always better than no thread ;)

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I think it's insane that you can FC songs on X Vocals - I struggle to get a solid on medium.
Look forward to seeing what you can do!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobGHH wrote:
I have to say I think it's insane that you can FC songs on X Vocals - I struggle to get a solid on medium.
Look forward to seeing what you can do!

On the flipside, I can't even pass Satch Boogie on expert Guitar, which, judging by your sig, you've FC'd along with other toughies like Hot for Teacher and 21st Century Schizoid Man. Thanks though!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double-posting but see the OP for tonight's update.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some X Bass FCs, see OP for details.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated OP.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popped in Smash Hits (ugh) and later Metallica. Got Expert Bass FCs of Laid to Rest (one of the funnest bass charts I've ever played) and Unsung and a re-FC of Them Bones under my belt. Also had some embarrassing chokes late into Bark at the Moon, Barracuda, and Electric Eye, and some *ahem* attempts at Carry On Wayward Son, Laid to Rest, Back in the Saddle (ugh), Thunder Kiss '65, and Play With Me (one great big mound of nty) on guitar. Yeah...I really don't like this game.
On a more positive note, after some tries at Blood and Thunder, War Inside my Head and One (never happening) on guitar, I switched to bass and after a few tries, bested The Shortest Straw! Also switched to vocals and FC'd Beautiful Mourning, Armed and Ready, Mommy's Little Monster, The Black River, and Disposable Heroes (congrats to MC Peach for getting that on X Guitar, by the way). Your daily reminder that I am shit on pre-GH5 vocals.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popped in GH: WoR for the hell of it. Got a power challenge FC of Freya and a normal X Guitar FC of The Feel Good Drag (fucking intro/outro chords...), Slow Hands (ugh), Wish, Re-Education Through Labor, Heartbreaker (FINALLY) . I also tried (key word being tried) Ties That Bind and If You Want Peace...Prepare for War but alas, to no avail. Also had some chokes late into 2112 Pt. 1, Single, and Dancing Through Sunday.
On the bass side of things, I've gotten Beyond the Life you Know (probably my favorite song in all of GH, though nothing's concrete...), The Seven Deadly Sins, and (You Can Still) Rock in America. I'm still aiming for WGaSH, the Modern Hits Theme, LiaE, and now YYZ. It's really just a matter of consistency here.
And on vocals we have What Have you Done, a redux of The Trooper, and Lycanthrope. I wish I could've gotten more DLC/imports (Darkest Hour pack, Vagrant + Victory Records packs, certain individual songs throughout the library...), but eh, what I have isn't too bad I guess.

Also just for the hell of it, which would you guys consider the tougher FC - Mirror People or Slow Hands? Those charts just seemed similar enough that it got me thinking.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow Hands is more consistent and changes fretting a whole lot more so yeah, Slow Hands. Good job on all your FCs!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobGHH wrote:
Slow Hands is more consistent and changes fretting a whole lot more so yeah, Slow Hands. Good job on all your FCs!

Hm, I would've put my money on Mirror People mostly since it's longer and I find that outro very, very easy to slip up on even when I've hit everything that's come before it. Then again, I was one of the people continually pushing for Do You Feel Like We Do (Live) in the grand FC breakdown even with Ice Cream Man and the like up for voting, so there's that.
And thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to faff about in GH5, scoring bass FCs of Blue Day, Seven, Re-Education Through Labor, Streamline Woman, Judith, Well Thought Out Twinkles, and one that's been eluding my grasp for some time now, Demon (s). Nothing extraordinary, I'll admit, but it was a nice little session. Also tried Done with Everything, Die for Nothing on guitar...yeah...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popped in GHWT and netted some easier guitar FCs (What I've Done, Some Might Say, Rooftops (ugh), and Vinternoll2), and some easier-to-moderate bass FCs (The One I Love, Some Might Say, On the Road Again, Mountain Song, Kick Out the Jams, and Ramblin' Man). Nothing really special.
Also attempted some other, harder songs. Crazy Train on bass just might be possible, but Purple Haze, Satch Boogie, Trapped Under Ice, and Pull Me Under have their annoying spots and Hot for Teacher has an amazingly broken outro.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think Purple Haze (Live) and Trapped Under Ice are both harder than Crazy Train, so if you can get the latter then you should get the other two on Xbass as well.

In any case, well done on your recent FC's on both guitar & bass!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: