SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Life After ScoreHero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/url]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, I'm not sure what happened here.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
the fuck I missed ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormone_replacement_therapy_(male-to-female)

ah ok alright, sorry bud, didnt know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
the fuck I missed ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormone_replacement_therapy_(male-to-female)

ah ok alright, sorry bud, didnt know.

it's ok, i don't know if i really publicly announced it before now or anything, maybe I mentioned it in passing...it's been a little over 2 years now
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you did. Didnt you created a topic about it ? a have a small memory so i might be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as competitive video games go I took a break for a few years after ScoreHero. Eventually I drove seven hours to a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament.

Fast forward to now and I've been a Smasher for almost two years. I live with someone I met through Smash and I'm on the team that hosted the largest European Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament ever (Heir III) as a graphic designer, which kind of came out of nowhere.

When it comes to online communities I rarely carry any of it with me. I've got a few people from ScoreHero one Facebook and I almost never speak with them directly. I don't know whether my time on ScoreHero was important but it was a thing that happened and it definitely shaped me in one way or another. I think THIS kinda sums up my experience here.

Professionally I got a mathematics degree and then got a shit job. I still have that shit job and I'm hoping for a less shit job. Should less-shit job happen I'll probably be running Super Smash Bros. tournaments around Manchester, UK. Say his if you're there and you see this post! I would also like to start a series of videos talking about video games. I truly think they are a super under appreciated genre and I'd like to try to spread my passion for them to a few other people at least.

Oh yeah, I'm also ranked 7th in the world at Shrek SuperSlam, so that's something.

If anyone remembers me and wants to say hi your best bet to contact me is here: https://twitter.com/DanielSoup

I still use the tag Dan Soup for everything so if you see it it's probably me.

And if you leave a message here no doubt I'll be back to read it in six to twelve months time.

(*****)

Some say he came back just to fix the "5-Note Chord" banner in his sig...
[23:01] <DanSoup> Did you know, girls masturbate as often as men
[23:01] <DanSoup> they just lie about it normaly
[23:01] <SillyScape> no-one mastrubates as much as me
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
My life uhhhh....still mostly the same actually, still lots of plastar and plasdrums, dropped out of college a few times, started hormone therapy last year...yeah, that's about it.

gonna post here for the first time in like 5 years to say pretty much same lol. was only on scorehero for nostalgia + looking at hilariously stupid shit I posted when I was 13 or 14, glad I came across this thread. been 10 months on HRT which is wild. I'm currently in college but that's not going so well, have dropped out once before. got back into GH after watching some vids early this year and now we got UKOG and JLC streaming and a ton of GH3PC mods

I'd write a big post about what I've been doing but no one cares lol I just wanna play GH
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now a Guinness World Record holder for Berzerk on the Atari 2600
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Life After ScoreHero Reply with quote

Ellemennt75 wrote:
tl;dr - What are you doing with your life now that you don't frequent Scorehero and play Guitar Hero as much? (Unless you do... Then I guess it's a valid answer.)
I came back to check on Scorehero because BrianBAM came into #animehero and I wanted to make sure my memory was right. Only rhythm games I play now are random Arcade games like Jubeat and Mai Mai, and only really at a casual level. Most of my video game playing time goes to Overwatch now.

In real life, I'm a music director at a church, also play piano accompaniment for any other side gigs I can find, such as playing piano for HS choirs. I'm in a tech startup that's still early stage, and also am working on finishing an Android Development Nanodegree on Udacity.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to check in from time to time, to see if there's anything fun going on.

My current life situation:

Been single for over a year. I'm essentially a workaholic now. Also, I no longer DJ happy hardcore. I do on stream sometimes, but after a falling out from an ex-friend, I no longer play for him... and he's the only one in the city who books hard dance.

I am the IT tech for Pittsburgh Glass Works. I am the sole tech for 120 branches across the U.S. and Canada, and everyone in headquarters, in Pittsburgh PA. I manage about 500-600 devices by myself.

My game collection is completely gone. The last bit got sold to a friend, due to space constraints. All I have are consoles, CDs and flash carts.

90% of my gaming anymore, is on the Atari 2600. This is up to and including playtesting beta versions of homebrew games, that are sold on AtariAge.

I'm big into chess now. All of my sets are with me, and I am actively looking for a chess club here in Pittsburgh.

I went through three cars in a year, said fuck it, and just take the bus to work and back. It's cheaper too - it's $200 for a parking lease alone for in the garage next to my work.

I am listed in the Guinness Book of World Records, 2017 Gamer's Edition. My 11 hour Berzerk run that I did on the Atari 2600 years ago, made it in.

My internet isn't good enough to stream, but since they included uploading to twitch, I plan on recording some gaming and uploading it. I'm thinking either an Atari 2600 score chasing series on www.highscore.com, or recording "The road to one credit completing" shoot em ups.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
My game collection is completely gone. The last bit got sold to a friend, due to space constraints. All I have are consoles, CDs and flash carts.

Nooooooooooooooo, but also

Squirrel wrote:
I am listed in the Guinness Book of World Records, 2017 Gamer's Edition. My 11 hour Berzerk run that I did on the Atari 2600 years ago, made it in.

Congratulations!
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been single for a little more than two years, my ex-girlfriend moved away exactly a month ago (don't ask), I managed to finish a degree in Physics and right now I'm doing actual science. I'm also involved in a bunch of activities in the Physics department and I feel more accepted and loved than I've ever been in my entire life. The only downside I can see is that I might be drinking a bit too much but I don't think that's ever going to be a very serious problem.

I feel like I've evolved a lot throughout the years, meeting a bunch of amazing people who share a lot of my interests - that does include plastic instruments, to some extent - spending more time with people that have always been important to me, and being in an environment where I can be myself and not care about what people might think of me. I have improved my perception of other people's feelings and my own feelings and have grown into being able to stand up for myself when I need to. I've always considered myself some sort of introvert so that's a huge step forward for me.

Some may have noticed that I still post quite frequently on this forum, notably in TSG and Accomplishments. This site has been a huge part of my life from when I was 14 through all of my teenage days, and today I'm 23 and still visiting a couple times a week. No matter how long I'll be taking breaks from the games I feel like there will always be a time when I come back and catch a glimpse of what's going on in this community, if there's anything left of it. I'm glad that some of you are still around and it's heartwarming to see how well things turned out to be for you all, in the end. I will always keep warm memories of the times I've had in this community and I will continue to check in every now and then into General Chat to see how everyone who's still around is doing.

Once again, sorry for the half-assed English, it's always been flawed and I've always been sort of ashamed of it but I'm working on it every single day. I hope I'm not coming out weird in any way.

Best regards,

Undead

EDIT: Have a look at my first post on this forum, as I'm breaking a fundamental Leagues rule. Try not to cringe:

Teenage Undead wrote:
4 FCs this week : easy. I'm happy with my scores again, please don't beat them

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
but I don't think that's ever going to be a very serious problem.

famous last words
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not a whole lot has changed.

I don't DJ anymore, I don't compete in pinball anymore, and Twin Galaxies is a shit storm that I won't even bother to look at.

I've been working for Pittsburgh Glass Works for over 2 years now (3 years in October), and I'm just about completely out of debt that my past put me in (due to stupid reasons).

Internet is getting installed on Sunday, then whenever I get an area sectioned off that is completely surrounded by soundproof material, I plan on live streaming again. I have no idea what I am doing, but I plan on making it a scheduled show. I've been on the site for over 7 years now. I definitely should be partnered by now, if life hadn't gotten in the way. Probably Atari or MAME stuff, we'll see. Once Pinbash re-opens in July, I plan on streaming pinball on a regular basis.

Other than that, business as usual. Salary abuse with my job, working and sleeping.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Well, not a whole lot has changed.

I don't DJ anymore, I don't compete in pinball anymore, and Twin Galaxies is a shit storm that I won't even bother to look at.

I've been working for Pittsburgh Glass Works for over 2 years now (3 years in October), and I'm just about completely out of debt that my past put me in (due to stupid reasons).

Internet is getting installed on Sunday, then whenever I get an area sectioned off that is completely surrounded by soundproof material, I plan on live streaming again. I have no idea what I am doing, but I plan on making it a scheduled show. I've been on the site for over 7 years now. I definitely should be partnered by now, if life hadn't gotten in the way. Probably Atari or MAME stuff, we'll see. Once Pinbash re-opens in July, I plan on streaming pinball on a regular basis.

Other than that, business as usual. Salary abuse with my job, working and sleeping.

Howdy.

Well I'm balls deep in an engineering degree in Florida. Don't play too many games nowadays (and if I do, it's a few rounds of BLOPS1 or DiRT3). I'm waaaaaaay into cars now. Work for a guy importing cars from Japan so that's a lotta fun. That's really all there is to it. Strange seeing this place be a ghost town since I was here around the peak of GH2 customs.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: