ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game (360/X1/PS3/PS4/WiiU + Mobile)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The horror, the horror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eta9SoKaHwY

GH/RB Platinums: RB2, RB3, BH, GH5, GHWoR
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cynical part of me really wonders if they redesigned the guitar because they expect it to bomb and want increased profit margin on each unit.

atiradorsp wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eta9SoKaHwY

"Is it really live action??"
"Yes, it's really live action."

It somehow looks worse in motion. The acting for this seriously looks like a Sega CD game in HD. God damn.

Last edited by smokyprogg on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading more about it my biggest problem is with the live video audience. I'm reminded of those awful CDI games and it's weird to get that feeling in 2015. I'd really prefer if they animated the crowds from a first person perspective. It would give them more freedom to do something with VR someday, but as it stands they're really limiting themselves. I mean, are they going to record new video for every new song and get huge crowds of extras to jump around? If not, won't it get old to look at the same crowds for every song? I just have so many questions lol.

All that aside, I'm actually somewhat excited about the gameplay. I remember the fun of trying to beat Medium on GH2 back in 2007, or learning DJ Hero for the first time. It could be fun to learn a new control scheme and that guitar looks a lot cooler than I expected. I applaud FreeStyleGames for doing something ambitious. No one can accuse them of not trying new stuff and innovating. And I'm definitely intrigued by the GHTV concept. Truth is, I'll probably buy this regardless even if I sound cynical right now.

Though I'm still a little sad that I'll be stuck using those Rock Band strats for RB4. :p

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
The cynical part of me really wonders if they redesigned the guitar because they expect it to bomb and want increased profit margin on each unit.

I reckon the second part of this statement is true regardless if they expect it to bomb or not.

It looks like the GH with the 6th button that some people asked for but in a different layout than expected. If it has the same charting conventions as the previous games just with an extra button/different layout I won't be TOO bothered by it. I guess I just have to wait for the setlist to come (although it doesn't look good on what little we have got so far)

P.S Might get it just to Re-FSFC, because I'm sad like that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of the most optimistic people and this just looks terrible to me. Redesigning the game such that there's no backwards compatibility is a huge mistake on their part in my opinion, and I think that will be why RB4 will destroy it. (No guarantee that RB4 will be fantastic, but compared to GHL anyway)

The new "two fret" design is actually interesting in and of itself, though I would have liked two rows of five rather than two rows of three. Redesigning this but only adding one more button just seems stupid.
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>first person view
>live action

I would like to know how they filmed those live action scenes? I assume (and hope) they filmed a lot of different ones in different places, otherwise it'll basically be the same 3 videos playing behind the fretboard every time.

Imagine how awkward filming those must have been? It not like they got an actual famous band to go out there and play before these audiences, so they needed a thousand people to fake enthusiasm for a fake rock concert for a fake guitar video game.

ALSO, I hope they they were playing on easy in that video....otherwise this looks super simplified.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're clearly playing on a low difficulty, which makes it hard for me to judge the game properly. I'd like to see some proper goddamn EXPERT GAMEPLAY y'know

I don't care much about the perspective//crowd gimmick, but I'm really not sold on the guitar. setlist seems pretty weak too so far (although I know they won't blow their load in the first handful of songs).

Also, the ui is ugly as sin. Thanks for praising Freestyle and all but it's pretty fuckin' ugly

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Graf  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't care less about the audience at this moment, to be honest. I am looking at the gameplay and trying to figure out the answers to these questions:

• Is note streak the primary way of scoring?
  • Is there a multiplier? I assume there must be because of the presence of starpower, but where is that visually displayed?
  • GHTV is a 24-hour music video service... but how does that affect me with my desire to get FC's and scores for ScoreHero?
  • How will DLC and microtransactions work?
  • How tight/loose is the engine/hit detection?

So many other thoughts running through my head right now... I am definitely getting this game, but I am also concerned. Activision, please don't mess up the big Guitar Hero revival, five years is a long time.

Also worth mentioning, I saw open notes in that video. So I suppose that means there are 7 different notes to hit individually, not including chord combinations

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like Chris Rock to Michael Jackson...

ANOTHER PLASTIC GUITAR??!! ANOTHER PLASTIC GUITAR??!!!

This looks horrible. Only 3 lanes alternating between white and black frets? What is this, those pre-GH1 japanese games?

Another plastic guitar?

First person with live audience?

Another plastic guitar?

The guitar looks nice, I'll give them that, but I'm not liking the idea of having another guitar that doesn't work with my PS3 games and RB4 on my PS4, to be honest.

Gosh... I'm so salty right now... it's so far from the pure excitement that I got when RB4 was officially announced.

drifter1717  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actual quotes from that video:

"It's just live action, there's no uncanny valley, it's not graphics is it? it's just...weird....since there are actual people looking at you"
Not a whole lot of confidence in that statement

"The buttons are in two rows of three, so they look like the rest of the fretboard so it's more authentic"
BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT BECAUSE NOBODY IS LOOKING AT YOU WHILE YOU PLAY THE GAME?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameTrailers did a Just Played about the game:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qsoih4/just-played-guitar-hero-live

drifter1717  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Activision, please don't mess up...

That's a heavy question to ask of them
JWitjeS  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drifter1717 wrote:
I would like to know how they filmed those live action scenes? I assume (and hope) they filmed a lot of different ones in different places, otherwise it'll basically be the same 3 videos playing behind the fretboard every time.

Imagine how awkward filming those must have been? It not like they got an actual famous band to go out there and play before these audiences, so they needed a thousand people to fake enthusiasm for a fake rock concert for a fake guitar video game.

My question is what the hell they are going to do for the DLC. Surely they can't film a FMV for every song they put out? So will those be limited to playing along to the music video? That would be extremely lame.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of neat things to see in the GHTV section of the video (that feature seems really interesting actually) but the most interesting is probably that they forgot to put the proper album cover for the Band of Skulls track

also Vampire Weekend confirmed I guess

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I'm one of the most optimistic people and this just looks terrible to me. Redesigning the game such that there's no backwards compatibility is a huge mistake on their part in my opinion, and I think that will be why RB4 will destroy it. (No guarantee that RB4 will be fantastic, but compared to GHL anyway)

The new "two fret" design is actually interesting in and of itself, though I would have liked two rows of five rather than two rows of three. Redesigning this but only adding one more button just seems stupid.

I agree, although I doubt anyone honestly expected there to be backwards compatibility with past GH songs since all the DLC got taken down a while ago. People will look at Rock Band 4 as continuing their investment, whereas this game will have to do some serious marketing to try to appeal to people who haven't tried a Guitar Hero game before and don't already feel like they've lost the ability to play old songs and instruments. They are really ballsy to do this.

There's no doubt in my mind RB4 will destroy it in sales. Although it's worth noting that the game is apparently releasing on 360, PS3 and WiiU as well. So I guess it's got that going for it. Has anywhere mentioned if it will have local co-op at all? If not, then yeah, there is no way it can compete with Rock Band. Good local co-op experiences are so rare these days on the current gen consoles (aside from WiiU) that Rock Band 4 has a huge advantage in that department.

atiradorsp wrote:
GameTrailers did a Just Played about the game:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qsoih4/just-played-guitar-hero-live

More people need to watch this, lots of good info here. I still have mixed feelings after watching it but I definitely want to play it and see how it really works out in practice.

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 2 of 69

Jump to: