ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Free Bird, OBY triplets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Free Bird, OBY triplets Reply with quote

I'm oh so very close to being a Free Bird, and what better way to celebrate it than with an FC of Free Bird? I'm mainly practicing on Solos I and J. I'm consistent enough on the zigzag and the parts, but I just can't seem to keep a combo on the triplets. What could I possibly do to stay more consistent on this part?

Bonus: How could I also get better at the transition from to ? And really, I still need help with .

Note: Please do not suggest tapping to me.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, what I'm probably going to do is hold down the button and play it as , and then play the other sequence as .

Still, any tips would be appreciated.

voidedalive2x wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you said not to suggest tapping, but this is simple enough that I'll mention it anyway. For my Freebird FC, I found the transition very easy by tapping the yellow between the quads and trips. That gives your hand time to move over without doing anything awkward.

As for the rest, I found it easier to not anchor for the quads and anchor the lowest note for the trips. And the other thing I can suggest is to just completely ignore the music if you can for this bit. For the quads the yellows are on the beat and the "triplets" are actually 16ths.

expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
I know you said not to suggest tapping, but this is simple enough that I'll mention it anyway. For my Freebird FC, I found the transition very easy by tapping the yellow between the quads and trips. That gives your hand time to move over without doing anything awkward.

As for the rest, I found it easier to not anchor for the quads and anchor the lowest note for the trips. And the other thing I can suggest is to just completely ignore the music if you can for this bit. For the quads the yellows are on the beat and the "triplets" are actually 16ths.

Actually, anchoring the quads is actually what is helping me, they're pretty much a piece of cake now. The triplets not as much, but still pretty easy if you're careful. Thanks for the tip anyway.

What I really need help with now is the zigzag in B and C. I only hit it in Practice Mode once, and now I can't seem to come close to hitting it.

voidedalive2x wrote:
xbillax  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the fast zig zag I recommend trying GH1 style. Although if you've never done zigs that way it might feel very awkward.

the OBY triplets transition will be harder if you have to use fingers 1 2 3 to do them. If you can use 2 3 4 hitting the Y with 2 should make it pretty simple.

edit: tip for hitting zigs GH1 style, slightly tilt your hand, so that when you press all fingers down at the same time they don't hit the frets at the same time.
GH5 00/85 - GHVH 00/47 - GHWoR 00/93 - GHL 00/42
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY ARE NOT TRIPLETS

Now that this is out of the way, why not consider tapping? It can make transitioning much easier from the quads to the OBY part, and it's not like you have no time at all to bring up your right hand and bring it back down afterwards.

For the quads I use 4321, no anchoring and accent every yellow note. For the OBY part I use 321, anchor yellow and pay critical attention to the orange notes. The timing is extremely counter-intuitive so you have to be very careful.

An alternative method for the transition would be to slide from the green to the yellow and strum the yellow since you're not allowed to ghost.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does 432 not work?

If it does work, I would suggest 43212432 for the transition
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been years and years since I played Free Bird but I think I used to transition to the OBY section using 2 for the preceding Y note then 321 for the repeating OBY pattern, like 43214321-2-321321. I can't remember if I anchored any of these. I also haven't used GH lingo in years, so maybe that didn't even make sense. *shrugs*

"You say it draws near, the tits will be clear" - The Way It Ends
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: