ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anyone else returning the game?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mxtchell  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Anyone else returning the game? Reply with quote

GH:L is way too restricting to allow good players to be good. The mechanics of star power makes the option of leagues irrelevant, they're whole ideology of "easier to play, harder to master" becomes contradicted when you find out there is no practice mode, so you can't even master anything anyway.
GH:TV is a joke and fuck Activision, I want my $100 back

And before you say I suck at the game I got multiple first FC's on PSN, it's just simply retarded
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Mxtchell PSN Name: Mxtchell_ML
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope I'm keeping it

GesterX  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else returning the game? Reply with quote

Mxtchell wrote:
GH:L is way too restricting to allow good players to be good. The mechanics of star power makes the option of leagues irrelevant, they're whole ideology of "easier to play, harder to master" becomes contradicted when you find out there is no practice mode, so you can't even master anything anyway.

And before you say I suck at the game I got multiple first FC's on PSN, it's just simply retarded

I don't think anyone's going to say you suck. This isn't that kind of place

I don't have the game yet - can you elaborate on the star power thing?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else returning the game? Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
Mxtchell wrote:

Instead of hitting 2 SP phrases to get an activation or using the whammy on hold notes to gain SP, you only need to hit the full SP phrase to get an activation. You can hold 2 of these at one time, so essentially it wipes out the extra whammy SP. TBH, I prefer this because I already have one new thing to learn, I don't need to try squeezing on top of that tyvm....

Also, because I realize I wanna reply to this and not double post, I am never returning this game. Honestly, this is literally the most fun I've had with a GH/RB game since maybe when GH3 was released... I think the game needed this facelift and I'm glad I bought it because I'm jumping around with my bandmates, singing loudly with the songs and just jamming out!

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
GesterX  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else returning the game? Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
GesterX wrote:
Mxtchell wrote:

Instead of hitting 2 SP phrases to get an activation or using the whammy on hold notes to gain SP, you only need to hit the full SP phrase to get an activation. You can hold 2 of these at one time, so essentially it wipes out the extra whammy SP. TBH, I prefer this because I already have one new thing to learn, I don't need to try squeezing on top of that tyvm....

Also, because I realize I wanna reply to this and not double post, I am never returning this game. Honestly, this is literally the most fun I've had with a GH/RB game since maybe when GH3 was released... I think the game needed this facelift and I'm glad I bought it because I'm jumping around with my bandmates, singing loudly with the songs and just jamming out!

Oh that's fine. So you can still path the best SP usage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else returning the game? Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
2003041 wrote:
GesterX wrote:
Mxtchell wrote:

Oh that's fine. So you can still path the best SP usage.

Yeah, it just turned the guitar pathing into drum pathing essentially.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am returning the game today as a matter of fact. There are two fundamental features missing that essentially ruin the game for me: Hyperspeed and Practice. The lack of hyperspeed, I feel, prevents me from improving on some parts, like fast solos where the frets change from black to white, and vice versa, really quickly. I can't even comprehend it, and not being able to space anything out doesn't make that easier. That aside, I might have been able to make due without hyperspeed if there were simply a practice function. This, above all else, killed my experience and motivation to want to continue playing the game. When I was improving on previous guitar hero games, practice was EVERYTHING. I wouldn't have probably half the FC's I have today without it. The inability to slow things down, to break down parts to learn new methods, to read things at a pace that allows me to discover new ways to hit stuff, simply makes for a bad game experience for me. There's only so many times I can grind a song without being able to break it down, slowly, to understand what's going on.

TL;DR - Lack of hyperspeed and practice = game being returned.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradmasta wrote:
I am returning the game today as a matter of fact. There are two fundamental features missing that essentially ruin the game for me: Hyperspeed and Practice.

Then you shouldn't buy RB4 then.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradmasta wrote:
I am returning the game today as a matter of fact. There are two fundamental features missing that essentially ruin the game for me: Hyperspeed and Practice. The lack of hyperspeed, I feel, prevents me from improving on some parts, like fast solos where the frets change from black to white, and vice versa, really quickly. I can't even comprehend it, and not being able to space anything out doesn't make that easier. That aside, I might have been able to make due without hyperspeed if there were simply a practice function. This, above all else, killed my experience and motivation to want to continue playing the game. When I was improving on previous guitar hero games, practice was EVERYTHING. I wouldn't have probably half the FC's I have today without it. The inability to slow things down, to break down parts to learn new methods, to read things at a pace that allows me to discover new ways to hit stuff, simply makes for a bad game experience for me. There's only so many times I can grind a song without being able to break it down, slowly, to understand what's going on.

TL;DR - Lack of hyperspeed and practice = game being returned.

there are ways to get around practice mode FFS. I took Love Bites (So Do I), recorded the whole song, then watched the video and paused on the parts I kept screwing up hard. Stop making "No Practice Mode" as an excuse for not buying a game or returning a game.....

gitarzann  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:

there are ways to get around practice mode FFS. I took Love Bites (So Do I), recorded the whole song, then watched the video and paused on the parts I kept screwing up hard. Stop making "No Practice Mode" as an excuse for not buying a game or returning a game.....

Last I looked, people could decide for themselves if features, or a lack thereof, are a dealbreaker or not.

Myself, I have the calibration as close as I'm probably going to get at this point. It's definitely not perfect. I also got a bad guitar. I cannot alternate strum or it double and triples the strums when I go upward. Downstrumming everything aside, I am having a BLAST with this game and it will get better once I get a good guitar.

I do think they really missed the boat in not including a fourth pair of buttons that could be turned off if you're a noob or decide it's too difficult. I came home from work today and spent over an hour playing on GH:TV. Not wild about some of the songs but it's kind of nice to be able to just have music on and pick up and play whenever.

My only question is how that leaderboard thing on the left side works because there were many songs that I came in first among the players and I'm just not that good. I wonder if that scoreboard is made up of players that are around the same level up status as others that are currently playing. There is no way I'd come in first place with 92% on a song in any universe that I know..
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:

That's definitely not the same thing. The mechanic built into other game games (GH1 aside) slowed it down and I played along with it, with the game registering misses if I were making a mistake. Yes, I could go through all that work to slow it down, but until I went back and played I wouldn't know if I were making a technical mistake, something I would immediately with a practice mode. So yes, that is MORE than enough reason to return then game, which I did, and I have no regrets whatsoever
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else returning the game? Reply with quote

Mxtchell wrote:

*their

I really like GH:TV. It's nice for when you don't really want to be serious about grinding out songs and just..y'know..play the game. Personal opinion, but this game is pretty swell so far. I like it.

MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else returning the game? Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
I really like GH:TV. It's nice for when you don't really want to be serious about grinding out songs and just..y'know..play the game. Personal opinion, but this game is pretty swell so far. I like it.

While that can be nice in a more casual way, I still wish they had the option to own songs. It seems like a good third option to have. Either play the stream, play sometimes with tokens, or buy the songs you really like and know you'll play a lot of.
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be returning just to see if I got a defective guitar and try out another one. The lag is horrendous in this game, can't tell if it's as bad as RB4 or not because I'm 99% certain my guitar is overstrumming.

Otherwise this would be a great game. I do understand that it won't be for everyone, especially with things like practice mode, HS being omitted and that's perfectly fine if those are dealbreakers for you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely not returning it now that it works. I have a feeling I'll be close to a FGFC in a month or so, though.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: