ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHTV Leaderboards issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoushiroIzumi  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: GHTV Leaderboards issues Reply with quote

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/Koushiro_Izumi/media/GHTV/34FEDD8A-182C-49B4-A7ED-A2D7FA3C66B2_zpszwtrovl1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Got this on 1000HP Regular, currently the highest score on PS4 for this song on Regular. For some reason, it keeps saying my high score on the song is 207,487 even though I clearly got a higher score on it not too long ago... after quitting out of the game completely and going back in, it still says that lower score is my high score.

If this is going to keep happening to me, I'm going to have to take pics of every single song I do when score-tracking comes live for GHTV, since the leaderboards will never match what my actual high score is... now here's where the real problem lies. I don't mind taking pictures of this screen for every single song, but this results screen shows literally NOTHING other than your username, % of notes hit, and score. No difficulty displayed, not even the song name...

As for combo, I memorize what the combo count is right before it changes to Full Combo, which means you literally have a split second to see it, and even then it isn't displayed in the results screen, so people would have to just take your word for it, unless you get video proof of it, which would mean you need video proof for every single chart so everyone else can see that that truly is the # of notes in the song.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: GHTV Leaderboards issues Reply with quote

KoushiroIzumi wrote:
As for combo, I memorize what the combo count is right before it changes to Full Combo, which means you literally have a split second to see it, and even then it isn't displayed in the results screen, so people would have to just take your word for it, unless you get video proof of it, which would mean you need video proof for every single chart so everyone else can see that that truly is the # of notes in the song.

thats my concern if GHTV get tracked. I know I have no reason to screw or fake some scores, but some people like to fake it to be top spot. we heavily rely on thruth here, which is fine by me, but we'll never know if top score without proof will ever be legit if it's not required.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If GHTV kept better track of our *actual* highest scores, we would always be able to check in if someone is telling the truth if we believe they posted a false score (assuming someone here would be playing on the same console, of course), but since it appears that there are problems with you earning a higher score and the leaderboards updating to reflect your new high score on that chart, people would just have to believe that the score you're showing a picture of is actually the score for that song (seeing as multiple charts for different songs could potentially have about the same score). Also, if you play on a different difficulty and earn a higher score than on a lower difficulty (which will happen without question most of the time), your lower difficulty score gets removed from the Leaderboards (and there is no way for you to toggle through your scores for different difficulties on a song, as far as I know).

This is why I held off on playing through the entire Song Catalog. Naturally, the songs that are made available only if you played Premium Shows (such as Live renditions) shouldn't be added to score-tracking, seeing as not everyone will be able to access the songs EVER if they happened to not do the Premium Show that week.

I only see1 of 2 possibilities here:

1) With an update, the Top 10 listings with everyone's scores should include the Song Name and Difficulty played on.

2) With an update, the Leaderboards is fixed so that your new high score gets properly saved, so this way you can do a 2-step verification - the first image being of the Top 10 scores after the song is done, and the second image highlighting the song in the song list with your new high score (the first image would be able to not only verify your score, but also the % notes hit which is not displayed in the song list, and the second image would verify the song name, and the difficulty played on to attain that score).

As for notestreak, people would have to take your word for it, or the notestreaks would have to just not be included during score submission (similarly to how you posted scores for RB4 before the last update without a box for notestreak), unless there is an update that also shows your notestreak, since there currently is no way for anyone else besides yourself to see that you got a Full Combo.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premium Show are generally added to the on-demand selection when the time period if over. I don't see why they shouldn't be added.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previously, if you didn't play the A7X songs in the Premium Show, they aren't added to the song catalog (I didn't get the game until after that Premium Show ended). They were never added to the song catalog for me, so I use that same assumption for all Live songs that are in Premium Shows.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that I didn't know. that's a bummer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Avenged Sevenfold songs are not in the catalog period, no matter if you played them when they were Premium or not. (FSG said they would be back at some points, but we don't know how/when.)

The other Premium songs are added to the catalog once they are not Premium anymore, regardless of it you have played the as Premium or not.

In other words, everyone has the same catalog.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, alright. Thanks for clearing that up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never even checked that, good point mr sci.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak of the devil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: