ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
TTFAF "They're Hammer Ons!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lylecollieGH  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: TTFAF "They're Hammer Ons!" Reply with quote

Is worth learning how to tap with 2 hands for that part and similar parts for other songs? trying to do it with 1 hand is hard enough lol. if so, whats your technique? like if you only tap orange with your strumming hand and do the rest with your fret hand
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's quite a few different ways to do it. =P

To name a few:

1. Anchor the green fret button with your strumming hand, elbow strum, and "tap" with your fretting hand.
2. Anchor the green fret button with your fretting hand and tap the blues and oranges with your strumming hand while tapping the reds and yellows with your fretting hand. This seems to be the fan favorite.
3. Anchor the green fret button with your fretting hand and alternate both hands tapping with each note. e.g. One note you use your right hand to tap, the next note your left hand, the note after that your right hand, etc. This is my preferred method.

Ultimately it comes down to enough practice.
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero

Last edited by Peachfanclub on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend one-handing it. It's not that hard with practice, and it's certainly a lot easier to get a combo going again if you miss a note (because you don't have to elbow-strum).
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
I would recommend one-handing it. It's not that hard with practice, and it's certainly a lot easier to get a combo going again if you miss a note (because you don't have to elbow-strum).

No don't do that. If you're just learning, learn to tap it. It'll help you way more in the long run. If you lose combo, you've played like 10 seconds of the song. You just restart and try again

RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

No don't do that. If you're just learning, learn to tap it. It'll help you way more in the long run. If you lose combo, you've played like 10 seconds of the song. You just restart and try again

It sounds like he's trying to pass it, though, not FC it. One-handing lends itself to more consistency and it's easier to get through it if you don't have to strum with your elbow.

Unless you don't mind restarting the song all the time until you get it down perfectly, I don't recommend tapping this section apart from learning to tap in general. Each to his own, of course. In any case, be sure to experiment with any/all of the methods above on slower speeds to find one that works for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

It sounds like he's trying to pass it, though, not FC it. One-handing lends itself to more consistency and it's easier to get through it if you don't have to strum with your elbow.

Unless you don't mind restarting the song all the time until you get it down perfectly, I don't recommend tapping this section apart from learning to tap in general. Each to his own, of course. In any case, be sure to experiment with any/all of the methods above on slower speeds to find one that works for you.

To be honest, not a lot of people have the hand speed to even be able to hit enough notes to make it through the intro. I personally used a rubber band and quarters to learn the tapping by having the band and quarters hold down the green while practicing the tapping.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

To be honest, not a lot of people have the hand speed to even be able to hit enough notes to make it through the intro. I personally used a rubber band and quarters to learn the tapping by having the band and quarters hold down the green while practicing the tapping.

Same. I used my left toe though and paused after the intro LOL

Naruto42  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing a lot at lower speeds, holding green, playing red and yellow with left hand middle and ring fingers, and tap blue and orange with one finger, I use middle but it works with index too. It's hard to bring your right hand so fast so I start the song (R Y B R Y B O B) tapping only the orange, and then use the method.

Every note must be released almost immediately after being pressed though, or you'll be late for the next note !

I still use this method BTW.

Last edited by Naruto42 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My technique is yet another variation. I hold green and play red with my left hand and tap yellow, blue and orange with my right hand.

If I remember correctly, the most difficult thing about going up from slower speeds was learning to lift your fingers quickly enough for the green notes to register before you tapped the next note.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
My technique is yet another variation. I hold green and play red with my left hand and tap yellow, blue and orange with my right hand.

Using 1,2 and 3 on Y, B and O
666th post
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobGHH wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:

Using 1,2 and 3 on Y, B and O
666th post

Yes indeed! Forgot to mention that.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: