Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lif's Thread - A little return, GH80s 22/30
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xLif  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Lif's Thread - A little return, GH80s 22/30 Reply with quote

Lif here. I used to be an active GH player, but I've since forgotten my account, and have no urge to try to dig it up and relive my 12-14 year old self through forum posts.

I wanted to get back into the game, so I made a new account and started the grind. I'm just gonna use this post to keep track of my stuff and maybe get some help if there are still any players alive in this community!

GH1 Hard: 47/47 FGFC!
Latest FC: Texas Flood

I might come back to this eventually. I think I can get CfH, and I have FCed the BatM solo, so who knows.
09/07/16 Came back to it and FCed GR2R, FiU, Decontrol and CfH wow. Might try to grab BatM eventually, but Texas Flood and Fly are merely pipe dreams.
09/08/16 Got BatM hahaha wow I think 45/47 is a good stopping point for now.
01/20/17 About time I finally changed that 100% overstrum to an FC for Fly on the Wall. Texas Flood is gonna happen as randomly as this did eventually.
01/26/17 welp it happened, yesssss

GH1 Expert: 37/47 Goal (for now): 37/47
Latest FC: Cheat on the Church

Other songs?
Symphony of Destruction: The desc trips at the end of the solo can lick my balls. only part thats tripping me up with this chart
You Got Another Thing Comin': Just gonna practice the solo in gh2 lol

11/27/16 All of This and Take Me Out. Up to 30!
11/29/16 Take It Off, and grinded Iron Man for 2 hours straight just to hit the half zig in the solo ( BOBY ). I was about to just give up but i did one more run lol
11/30/16 got Crossroads within a couple tries of the day, noice
12/12/16 got Ziggy and Spanish Castle Magic because why not
01/20/17 Cheat on the Church after grinding for ages, fuck yes. 37 is a great stopping point for GH1

GH2 Expert: 64/74 Goal: 64/74
Latest FC: Free Bird

Other songs?
Eventaully...:
Gemini: in bridge, best run -1
Them Bones: ending makes no sense and i feel like I'm just going to need a lucky run

GH80s Hard: 30/30 FGFC!
Last FC: Round and Round

That ending was so annoying. I finished the game in a few days though.

GH80s Expert: 22/30 Goal: 25-26/30
Last FC: Caught in a Mosh

Other songs?
Eventually...:
I Wanna Rock
No One Like You
Seventeen (I have actually FCed this on a random run in QP before)
Round and Round I still believe the Hard chart is harder than the Expert chart.

04/28/18 Since you can never truly quit GH, I've been fiddling around with GH80s again. Got up to Caught in a Mosh and hit a wall. Not sure how far I'm getting past 22/30 for a while though.

GHA Expert: 41/41 FGFC!
Latest FC: Train Kept a Rollin

GHSH Expert: 39/48 Goal: 46/48, depending on PWM
Latest FC: Back in the Saddle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04/28/18
Came back and an stopping here for GH80s, I can clean some stuff however and expect to break top 100 sometime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01/20/17
never thought I'd ever see this screen

i really just cant stop playing gh1 tbh. im either just going to continue for more in smash hits or start gh80s. i am not dead, just was making slow progress in stuff.
11/27/16
Doing more GH1 grinding today got me this beautiful thing.

it may seem like peanuts but coming from a time where i didnt expect to ever get 10 FCs on expert in GH1 let alone 30+ this feels great
09/23/16
Welp just finished GH:A, im so happy i never have to play this game again. the charts in this game are just atrocious

Probably gonna grab a couple more in GH2 then start smash hits?
09/05/16
Woke up today and got 4 FCs somehow. Kicked to the Curb, Sweet Child o Mine, and these 2 bad boys

So that's cool. There's still 4 songs left that are still doable, its just a matter of time until i hit 65/74 and consider myself done with GH2 for a while. I spent 30 minutes just playing the outro in Them Bones and accomplishing nothing. No really, I FCed it once. I have no clue what the timing is. Gemini is another issue and idk how to do the chord X in the bridge.

Either way, I'm starting on GH:A and my goal is an XFGFC. I forgot how annoying it is playing with the Joe Perry fretboard though. that combined with the fact that i dont really know the charts will make that goal so aggravating.

08/31/16

It's just the first post, so I'll summarize what I've done so far.
I started with Hard because, well, after not playing for this long of a time I'm sure I'm not as good as I used to be. And FGFC'ing 80s on Hard was always one of my goals. So, I did it!

I also got an FC that's really special to me.

I've got really strong memories of going for The Log way back in the day, and this was the last song I had to 5*. Now I've FCed it, along with so many others...its like poetry, really.

I'm also still deciding on what game to move on to next. I've gotten 64/70 in GH3 previously, and man do I not wanna start the GH3 grind again. I might go Aerosmith or World Tour.

Cheers!

Last edited by xLif on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm; edited 47 times in total
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older members coming back are always a pleasant surprise. With some nifty FCs, no less.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight-Rider wrote:
Older members coming back are always a pleasant surprise. With some nifty FCs, no less.

this. re-welcome aboard !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff! love to see people playing the old games. Any chance on grinding for a gh1h fgfc?
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back brotha! I too, made a new account not too long ago and began the grind. Congrats on the GH80s HFGFC!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
sjay  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back xLif.

Nice FC's but ...we expect more!!!
E M H X we ain't fussy
xLif  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the re-welcomes folks

suhdude024 wrote:
Good stuff! love to see people playing the old games. Any chance on grinding for a gh1h fgfc?

Highly unlikely. I suck at GH1 lol, Texas Flood and GR2R are just really out of reach for me. Maybe if I revisit on Expert and jump back down to hard for a bit?

Updated with +2 GH2X FCs, Push Push and Life Wasted I employed the same strategy with Life Wasted as I did with Round and Round H. Can't get consistent with one section? Keep playing the song until you get lucky. Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for aeromsmith update, halfway there lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update for GHA FGFC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKAR is fucking dreadful, congrats!

VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!! I have GHA X FGFC soon too btw did TKaR come easily

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
xLif  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
TKAR is fucking dreadful, congrats!

it really is, i cant believe how many hours i spent on it lol. it wouldnt be so hard if the chart wasn't filled with random strums

VertigoMan wrote:
Nice job!! I have GHA X FGFC soon too btw did TKaR come easily

it did not, i spent hours on it lol i kept missing in the first half for some reason so that made things harder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the GH:A FGFC!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work man, any FGFC is something to be proud of! What's next?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suhdude024 wrote:
What's next?

I've started smash hits, im either gonna end with 46 or 47 FCs, I haven't tried to grind play with me yet but i imagine the rest will come fairly easy. obviously not getting ttfaf any time soon lol but i can do surprisingly well on the smash hits chart (record is 98%). "what the?!?!?!" in the smash hits chart is just dumb though lmao

on the side im doing GH1X too but man that game pisses me off now lol
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: