ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wired les paul help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: Wired les paul help? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I bought a wired Les Paul off of eBay thursday of last week and it arrived today (even though it said overnight/one-day shipping and I paid $30 for shipping). I was really bummed out when I went to plug it into my Xbox and noticed that the USB came completely deformed.

I don't want to return it, so how would I go about fixing it? Would I replace the wired part with an Xplorer's wire? It doesn't have a breakaway cable, so I can't just get one of those. My dad managed to get the shape back to a mostly USB-shaped state, but it still doesn't fit correctly into a USB port. It currently looks like this

Also, if I do have to switch out an xplorer wire, anyone know where I could find one without buying one? I have one Xplorer, but I bought the wired les paul for two player PC (although my Xplorer is crap now).
Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it working, but now the USB is stuck in a USB hub (I bought it a while ago thinking I would need it, but I didn't). Works on PC, and given I have gotten my xplorer to work on my Xbox through the same hub, it should be fine. Luckily the hub isn't bulky.

What I noticed was that the problem with the USB after my dad made it mostly USB shaped was that the ends of the USB were sticking up slightly on one side, causing it to not fit in all the way. So, I used my fingernails to file the ends down (I really should cut my fingernails, but I'm glad I didn't before fixing the USB). From there, I still wasnt able to get it to fit nicely in my laptop's USB port, so I grabbed my USB hub, and forced the USB into it (I don't recommend anyone do that, as you might break something) and luckily it went in all the way. It won't come out now, but it's better this way. The USB hub is practically being used as a breakaway cable. Works really nicely now. Don't know if this will be of use of anyone, but I figured that there is a chance.
nonisen  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: ddd Reply with quote

whoa I am new to GH hi yall!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: