ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
[GH3] Charting debut + some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: [GH3] Charting debut + some questions Reply with quote

Greetings, everybody!

Just to get this out of the way, dear apologies if i'm posting this in a wrong section, or even entire forum. Everyone has to have their first time, eh? Anyway, straight to the point:

Recently i charted a song for the first time, but obviously, it ain't perfect. The only thing i got right about it so far is the raw chart (+star power). And so i have some questions regarding charting and adding customs to ask, namely:

1.Why most customs i add (including my own) have poor audio quality (except for the preview, which sounds just right)? I tried converting to .wav, .ogg, .mp3; none of which helped. And yes, the sole music files are good quality.

2.Why are all sustains in my chart shorter in GH3 than they are in Feedback?

3.I tried forcing HO/POs using the notepad method (replacing E "*" with N 5 0), but it won't work (the chart stays untouched). Perhaps i'm doing it wrong?

4.What's the point of including just .chart files in customs if even when the offset is given, there's no certainty as to what music file was used by the charter? (i tried like 5 different mp3's for one custom and still couldn't get it right)

5. How do i make separate guitar/rhythm/song tracks?

That's it for now. Thanks in advance!
I can post the chart here later, if you'll want to check it out.

Newbie signing out!

Last edited by SpartaX18 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. I think it's just the way GHTCP imports charts

3. Try replacing E * with N 5 0 instead

4. On this site, it's not encouraged to pass around copyrighted music. I usually sync the offset audio with feedback + audacity and it works fine.
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick answer!

2.I use Songlist Editor though. Any idea now?

3.I tried that, it doesn't find any E *.

4.I know about the copyright thingy, but should have figured out your method. Welp, silly me!
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLedIhZkyaM

3. E "*" and E * are 2 different things so you're probably using the wrong button in feedback. I use W in feedback.
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.Are you implying i have to use GHTCP instead of Songlist Editor?

3.I tried using W instead of E now, but it resulted in the chart/song ending abruptly in the game. I've stumbled upon this problem already, but now i don't seem to be able to fix it.
perrigosd  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpartaX18 wrote:
2.Are you implying i have to use GHTCP instead of Songlist Editor?

yes,GHTCP is a MUST HAVE for GH3PC,Songlist Editor doesn't even support Forced notes
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the E * situation, I trust you are putting * events in the track to begin with, right? :D

GHTCP is widely supported on these forums. Songlist editor hasn't really been used for the best part of a decade. I used it back in the day, but I doubt I could really remember any of it now to help you out.

I take it you're using feedback to create the charts? If so, then use F1, F2, etc. to chart the different tracks, or hold shift with the function keys to change difficulty. (Or is it the other way round?)

Lemme know how it goes and I'll try to reply ASAP if you have any questions/more issues

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!

Well, i did want to hop onto GHTCP, but it doesn't work (doesn't load the .xen file). Tried different languages, same result. I'm guessing i'll have to reinstall the game. Any way to back up customs and would importing them after the re-install corrupt the .xen file(s) again?

I used Songlist Editor, because most YT tutorials used them (except for the charting tutorials).

@GingerBraFace - yes, i do put the * events in the chart. And yes, i do use Feedback for making charts and i do know about the different difficulties, etc. (already made a new chart supported on all difficulties).
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought your problem was with switching tracks? Or have I missunderstood. Make sure you have GH3 patched to version 1.3. Otherwise, you'll have the issue you just mentioned.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you misunderstood (EDIT: Nevermind now, that was kind of a stupid question from me, it's pretty much solved already :P). Weirdly enough, i didn't have it patched. But i re-installed the game, patched it to 1.3 and everything works now!
All issues are now no more ^^

Thanks so much for the help! I'll share the charts soon

Last edited by SpartaX18 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First chart, just for the measure and feedback:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfe6q756mxbmpzk/Almost+Here.chart

Song: The Academy Is... - Almost Here
SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Newbie charter - need feedback! Reply with quote

It's been quite a long time, but not without a reason. This chart took me loads of time and energy. But it is finally done (or at least finished enough to let it out for feedback purposes).

As i said, i put all my efforts into this one. I find it way better than my previous two, though the song itself has a very quirky structure and i just can't make it perfect.

I just have one more question - when i submit my customs, should i enter the music track offset or the GHTCP offset?

Anyway, here's the chart - Presumed Dead by Evil-Dog:
https://www.mediafire.com/?6h58ue7ms9gdca3

Hope it's objectively better than my first two. I'm open for any criticism
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a thread automatically made in the custom song section for you. It'd be better if you posted there when you complete a new chart

SpartaX18  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, you're right! Thanks for the info! :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: