ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
adapters for ps2 guitar hero guitars for ps3?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject: adapters for ps2 guitar hero guitars for ps3? Reply with quote

holy shit it's been like 5 years since i've posted on scorehero but my fiance knows i love rock band and bought me an ebay bundle for christmas

i bought ps2 to ps3 adapters for the guitar hero controllers that came with but they were only compatible with the actual ps2 controllers, does anyone know of actual ps2 to ps3 guitar hero compatible adapters that are buyable in 2020?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would honestly look for a ps3 guitar instead. while the SG might be the king of kings, the GH5tar and WoRtar are pretty much equivalent in durability. If you're lucky, you'll find them in Goodwill for very cheap. online they can get very pricey but they are reliable. RB guitar will work as well, but I absolutely hate them.

Also, you cannot use a ps2 guitar for a ps3 game. you can only use it for ps2 games; GH1/2/80s and not all adapter will work for all 3. Most will only work for GH1 or GH2/80s. that's why you should look for a used ps3 guitar instead.

Happy hunting !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
Also, you cannot use a ps2 guitar for a ps3 game. you can only use it for ps2 games; GH1/2/80s and not all adapter will work for all 3. Most will only work for GH1 or GH2/80s. that's why you should look for a used ps3 guitar instead.

Happy hunting !

Thats not true, I own a TAC (The Ant Commandos) adapter for PS3 that allow me to use my PS2 SG guitar for all GH and RB games on PS3. Its designed to be used with a PS2 guitar but also works with a regular PS2 dualshock controllers for other games. Just google it :)

The guitar is fully functional with this adapter, whammy, select button for SP etc.

It even works on my PS4 in Rock Band 4 wich is amazing!

This specific adapter is really hard to find these days tho. I bought it directly from TACs website back in 2011 and Ive never had any issues with it so I really recommend it if you can find one.

There are plenty of cheap adapters by other brands/manufacturers out there that doesnt work well tho, issues with SP activations, drop notes if you anchor green while activating SP etc. so stay away from those.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Nidecker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: