ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Converting a SG to Xbox 360

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBadKenny69  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Converting a SG to Xbox 360 Reply with quote

Looking into purchasing an SG, with intentions to gutting it and putting the Les Paul guts into it. Probably will end up making a hole somewhere for the guide button.

Is there a walkthrough to doing this or anything similar? Or is there anyone out there who could give me some tips into approaching this. Thanks.
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did something similar waaay back to some success https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B7ZuOhGLRM

The main problem is that the pin-out for the frets is... strange on the two guitars.

The SG has a 6 pin-out (one for each button + ground) and the Les Paul has eight, I believe? Because of this, doing a basic swap on the neck's guts isn't as straightforward as it seems. Maybe finding what the leads on the Les Paul do to get around this will help, but in my experience grafting on a neck from an explorer was the only "easy" solution.

I haven't fucked with the internals on one of these guitars in ages, but if you have questions, I'll do my best to get ya in the right direction!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to ask Brandon Sierra (KkahluaHero) or Nick Alameda (NinjaPwns AtLife) on Facebook as they have both made numerous 360 SG mods. They are both in the Rhythm Games Community group.

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuck the LP board inside the SG, and piggy back all the buttons off the SG board. Cut and make a place for a D-Pad and guide button. I converted an SG into a Wii Les Paul using the piggy back method, it enables being able to use it on either console and not just one, plus easier IMO
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: