ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
strategy guide for determing cutoffs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebayitup  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: strategy guide for determing cutoffs Reply with quote

*******EDIT********************************************
I didn't realize you guys gave a lot of this information in the "More incentive to determine cutoff scores???" My bad, i wasn't trying to steal anyone's thunder.

Hey, with all this talk of finding cutoffs, i figured we should give people as much information on on how to get em.

Here's what i do, please anyone else feel free to add some insight/information.

First make sure you got a camera (duh).

I would say don't try to determine a cutoff to a song that you can't easily 5* .That's just my opinion, but the better you are at a song, the more control you wil have over your score. I haven't even 4* CFH or BATM. Now, if you're going for a high score and then you finally do 4* or 5* a song for the first time, check the stat page and see if your score falls in the boundy. Sometimes people do get these scores without meaning to (obviously).

Use the "Rock meter always in the green cheat (yellow, blue, orange, orange, blue, blue, yellow, orange). That way as soon as you get the desired score, you can just set the guitar down and let the song end.

Build up your score as quickly as possible, but when your about a thousand points away start being very strategic about which notes you hit as to not cross a known threshold.

If the threshold is a couple hundred points, just aim for a score right in the middle. Don't sweat here too much, cuz you'll eventually narrow it down. I don't worry about the last 2 digits in my score until i'm only a 100 points away from finding the treshold.

If you want to get an exact score all you have to do is build up the score like i mentioned, and then when you get say 5000 points away, start only hitting sustained notes. I say 5000 cuz this gives you lots of tries. It takes some luck to beable to get exactly xxx,x19 points, or xxx,x25 points. keep a close eye on your last 2 digits. when you've finally hit the number you want, don't strum any more sustained notes, just go for single notes and chords. then when you get a couple hundred points away, take your time to make sure you get exactly what you want. Keep a close eye on your multiplier to not accidently add 200 or 400 points to your score when you only need 100 or 50 more

Guess that's about it. Oh, one more thing. When you're doing the sustained notes thing, say you're trying to get the last two digits to be 13, remember that 63 works as well cuz then all you need to do is strum a single note (worth 50) to turn 63 into 13 (or the otherway around). Remember to miss a note though to drop your multiplier back down to 1x otherwise you score will continue to increase by 100's. If you happen to be a 3x, it will go up 150, also serving your purpose, but then you need to kill the multiplier.

Last edited by ebayitup on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to check that nobody else has done the cutoff you're trying to prove, as well. You can see # submitted / approved on the song stats page, so make sure someone else doesn't have a pending proof before you go potentially waste your time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny you say that cuz i was just working on fire it up, and then i see you've finished it. . . luckily i only played trough it 4 times
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: