ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How is the GH mod scene nowadays?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: How is the GH mod scene nowadays? Reply with quote

I havent been here since like 2007! Whats new everyone?
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the community has moved on to Clone Hero, a few may still play modded GH3 or GH3+, and a few (like me) still chug along hacking on GH2 (which, if you're interested in, hit up my sig for a Discord link).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
Most of the community has moved on to Clone Hero, a few may still play modded GH3 or GH3+, and a few (like me) still chug along hacking on GH2 (which, if you're interested in, hit up my sig for a Discord link).

Hey you're still here!! Did PS2 TAS ever become a thing? I remember you wanting to test Trogdor NTSC possibility but needing TAS to do it

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never did. I just ended up speeding up the internal beatmatching engine to 200% speed, feeding it a half-speed Trogdor chart, and FC'd it that way on NTSC.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
It never did. I just ended up speeding up the internal beatmatching engine to 200% speed, feeding it a half-speed Trogdor chart, and FC'd it that way on NTSC.

Oh cool, so does that prove it's possible? I don't really know how the internal stuff works lol, does changing the beatmatching speed do anything to hitboxes?

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. What we know is that there is a "minimum strum time" of around 54.16ms, regardless of FPS (someone ran it under PCSX2 at like 1000fps forced, strum limit was the same), and the difference between PAL and NTSC is due to how the game is still limited to reading one input per frame. By speeding up the engine, I effectively reduced that minimum strum time by half, making Trogdor fairly easy.

I'm heavily leaning towards it not being possible at all.

Squaresoft  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: How is the GH mod scene nowadays? Reply with quote

Meteodragoon wrote:
I havent been here since like 2007! Whats new everyone?

This is a good question, I'm in your SAME situation, last login was around 2018,

Hey LocalH, I'm a GH2 main too, but what's worse, "PS2 GH2" haha, do you think I can get some help in your Discord server?,

Seems like xBox GH2 has progressed a lot,
are xBox files compatible with PS2?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: