ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Improvements Diary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Improvements Diary Reply with quote

8/14

I went back on Hard today to try and get closer to my coveted top 100 spot. After nearly improving every score that looked really bad on my score list by quite a lot of points, I am close to my goal. I jumped from around 180th or so to 104th. I have two scores in the top 30 (Texas Flood and All of This), and 16 songs in top 100.

I improved my overall scores by at least 500,000 today, since I now see that I'm only one good improvement away from 9 million. Considering I haven't even tried to improve 7 scores since my large break, I think I might hit the 9 mil mark by tomorrow.

(Azuarc has one of these, so I figured I'd put one up.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Improvements Diary Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
(Azuarc has one of these, so I figured I'd put one up.)

=)
IEatGlue  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now 1 million people wilol come in here hand hijack it

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but at least a few people stayed on topic before it happened.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Hylian - If I ever get a chance I want to do the same thing. I know I can improve my hard scores without looking after all this sweat and blood in expert (just to barely get in the top 200).
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I might as well continue this, since the topic got bumped anyways.

8/23

I didn't get to play at all yesterday, due to 2 hours of AP homework on the first day of school , so that didn't really help me improve. Since my last journal entry, I have had many improvements in my scores, bumping me up to the high 60's in ranking. I am borderline 9.5 mil now, which is a pretty big improvement from my last one a little under ten days ago.

I also managed to bump my Ziggy Stardust score into 4th place and my Thunder Kiss 65 score into 6th place (but only by 50-somethin points. >_<).

If I ever get to play the game again (2 hours of homework from one class on the first day is not a good sign), I'm sure I can improve all of these scores I have. My current goal is to get all these scores into the top 100.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! I've been working on the very same goal lately.... I got to about 40th place on Hard, just shy of 10 mil, then I got stuck there for days and days and almost gave up. Then I had a sudden surge of luck, and boosted my scores up to 34th place and over the 10 mil mark.

Basically, I'm just warning you that the closer you get to the top of the charts, the more discouraging it can be. Playing for around 2 hours, and seeing only a 6,000 overall score improvement sucks
rabies  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:

Basically, I'm just warning you that the closer you get to the top of the charts, the more discouraging it can be. Playing for around 2 hours, and seeing only a 6,000 overall score improvement sucks

oh man..on hard right now...if I can play for 2 hours and get a 6k improvement..that is a GOOD night.

I had one night where I played for about 2 hours and improved my overall rank by 10 points. 10 POINTS!

I've had other nights where I played for 2 hours and just completely sucked...making no improvements anywhere at all.
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
I've had other nights where I played for 2 hours and just completely sucked...making no improvements anywhere at all.

those are the worst nights... I absolutely hate when I play for hours and dont improve anything... this coming from someone who still has plenty of room for improvement too!!
tommy2000  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just after getting past 7 mil on Hard. My rank is 246th. I'm maxing out on a lot of songs i think, the real place i'm lacking is the Fret Burners, Face Melters and hard bonus songs. I mean my CfH score is 98xxx, and ive seen scores of 400,000 +!!! That's where i need to improve. I'm only going to get so far improving the first 4 sets...

Still the fun hasn't worn off yet.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, well here's mine:

Had to go out to dinner with the principal from the school where I work, so didn't have too much time to play. I turned the game on to play BATM on expert at about 5:45, was having another pretty good run including nailing the first half of the middle solo completely, until I managed to somehow miss the incredibly easy RY long star power chord...I seem to be the king of dumb mistakes lately. At that juncture, I said "f*** this", and ripped out the controller plug and went to dinner. After getting some high scores a week ago, I really feel like I'm getting worse again...I don't know what's going on. Maybe I should retire, and go into the GH broadcasting field...

On top of that, only being able to access ScoreHero while I'm at work when I don't have access to the game or any pictures is slowly driving me into some sort of dementia. I hate the bureaucracy here...and they'd better turn my internet on soon....real real soon

CrackerRiley wrote:
rabies wrote:

those are the worst nights... I absolutely hate when I play for hours and dont improve anything... this coming from someone who still has plenty of room for improvement too!!

Tell me about it! There's definitely nothing more infuriating

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: