ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RuneScape
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, unfortunately. With today's fantastic new update they've added a god damn Cash Shop. >_> Some of it is kind of cool I guess but wow is this getting annoying. On the plus side I guess it's all cosmetic? Whatever. On the other bright side (I guess), everything lasts forever as opposed to disappearing after 30 days like Maplestory. The existence of a "duration" status in the shop really worries me though.

Last edited by Chaosxreigns on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you fucking kidding me? These microtransactions are getting absolutely ridiculous. Can't wait for 06scape...

I've been nostalgia'ing a lot lately in fuse's IRC channel... man do I miss the scape of old. Huge part of my childhood; I have so many vivid memories of the stuff I did on this game and now Jagex are fucking running it to the ground.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Silly  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Are you fucking kidding me? These microtransactions are getting absolutely ridiculous. Can't wait for 06scape...

I've been nostalgia'ing a lot lately in fuse's IRC channel... man do I miss the scape of old. Huge part of my childhood; I have so many vivid memories of the stuff I did on this game and now Jagex are fucking running it to the ground.

06scape is in alpha, $2 gets you in. Go do it.

Realscape is dead and Insight Venture Partners hold the smoking gun.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
I am, unfortunately. With today's fantastic new update they've added a god damn Cash Shop. >_> Some of it is kind of cool I guess but wow is this getting annoying. On the plus side I guess it's all cosmetic? Whatever. On the other bright side (I guess), everything lasts forever as opposed to disappearing after 30 days like Maplestory. The existence of a "duration" status in the shop really worries me though.

Wait what? I don't see any announcements about an update, unless I'm completely missing something

EDIT: what the fuck, that's not even cool. I'm not giving jagex any more money. Hell, even the combat beta wasn't that fun for me. Maybe it's time to finally give this game up
NU Grad 2015

Last edited by CamelTower on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were posted on the forums; no newspost yet. Check the Squeal tab and you'll see what I mean.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

06scape is in alpha, $2 gets you in. Go do it.

Realscape is dead and Insight Venture Partners hold the smoking gun.

I don't know if I want my character to be reset when the beta comes out though. I mean I'll probably end up doing it anyway since it's just two bucks, but still... no want start over when beta comes out

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Kashic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to check out this 06scape thing since I've been hearing a lot about it, but my experience with Private Servers and whatnot in the past haven't all been positive.

I've been told this is different, but meh. I'll check it out sooner or later.

Also, this micro transaction shit is retarded and I hope this doesn't spread past cosmetic items, I don't want people being able to flat-out buy XP/GP. I know SoF lamps exist, but they don't really amount to much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Trippolette
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@silly where are you getting the updates and stuff about 2006scape?
NU Grad 2015
fuse  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamelTower wrote:

http://www.06scape.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuse wrote:
CamelTower wrote:

http://www.06scape.com/

good thing I didn't end up clicking on 2006scape.com when I google'd it. ignorance is bliss
NU Grad 2015
Silly  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Jagex finally decided to do something that isn't shitty.

After the disappointment of 06scape, this could finally be the light at the end of the tunnel: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/2007---old-school-runescape-you-vote

I for one would resubscribe in a heartbeat, if only to re-experience the game as I loved it, but with better maintenance and moderation than any private server could provide. I hope that the current members of 2013scape do the decent thing and vote. The chances of the poll reaching 750k are zero, and 500k would be highly unlikely, but one can hope, I guess.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
So, Jagex finally decided to do something that isn't shitty.

After the disappointment of 06scape, this could finally be the light at the end of the tunnel: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/2007---old-school-runescape-you-vote

I for one would resubscribe in a heartbeat, if only to re-experience the game as I loved it, but with better maintenance and moderation than any private server could provide. I hope that the current members of 2013scape do the decent thing and vote. The chances of the poll reaching 750k are zero, and 500k would be highly unlikely, but one can hope, I guess.

OMFG

Desertman123  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this pleases me
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Silly  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to 40k votes after just four and a half hours! Remember that if you resubscribe to vote you'll get a month's sub to oldscape when it comes out regardless of the final result, so you don't really have an excuse to not vote!

You can vote and check on the current tally of voters here. I'm so fucking pumped I might explode.

CamelTower  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canceled earlier this month but had two days of membership left, so I could vote
NU Grad 2015
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 95 of 96

Jump to: