Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Triple Threat- JHetfield vs COBW3BB vs rabies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I was I talking about drinking, but I'm awake and sober now. I might as well participate in this orgy of shredding. We'll all get crushed by JHet's first attempt scores. I'll have a score up in 2 or 3 hours after I mow the lawn.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is rediculous. Why can't I pass my previous score, I'm doing terrible.

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll get there. It takes many runs before everything seems to come together on this song.

I went to play this song earlier tonight and my whammy bar broke. A little piece of plastic snapped off inside it. I superglued it back on. So I'll have to use my old SG with the faulty wire taped up till the glue's dry tomorrow. I'll go grab a score for Crossroads now, though.

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sure, rabies, you can get in on this action. the more the merrier. after Crossroads, though, somebody else pick the next song, please

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it through twice. 242506 pts. 96% 359 note streak was my best run. I wasn't satisfied with the score, but I didn't wanna continue playing. I don't like my old controller. I hope that glue dries fast. Rabies or COB can pick the next song.

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to pick something without a lot of HO/PO possibilites, 'cuz you're crazy at them.

So, I don't know... Frankenstein :P Which has the most HO/POs...

EDIT: nice post time :P

Yeah, I played Crossroads like 10 times and couldn't stop screwing up on easy parts. I screwed up on easy parts and got hard parts. I actually got 90% of the second solo on one run but did terrible on the first solo which isn't right at all..........

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really use HO/PO on BATM...we could do that for the next song Mr. Green

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you'd only beat us by 70 or 80,000 on that one. Not too bad. I'm getting better at that song, but I still can't really touch the solos. They're nuts to me.

rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAH!

I played it through 5 full times (with a few restarts attempts that didn't count) for a half hour and only managed 237668 with a 287 note streak (96%). That does not even top my personal best.

However, I think I identified key weakness. I cannot seem to play runs that ascend and decend quickly unless it is in a predictable pattern. Thus, I cannot FC the intro solo to this song (miss the part right before verse starts), which probably ruins my score by 6-10k, since I am back at a 2x multiplier when the verse and heavy scoring section starts. Likewise, there is an ascending/decending run right smack in the middle of the first solo which prevents me from FCing that. I also miss the 4th star power in the second solo every time....which probably costs me upwards of 6-10k.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on BATM. I think I could get my score up to 300k. I just havnt tried to up it since I 5*ed it the first time.

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
BAH!

I played it through 5 full times (with a few restarts attempts that didn't count) for a half hour and only managed 237668 with a 287 note streak (96%). That does not even top my personal best.

However, I think I identified key weakness. I cannot seem to play runs that ascend and decend quickly unless it is in a predictable pattern. Thus, I cannot FC the intro solo to this song (miss the part right before verse starts), which probably ruins my score by 6-10k, since I am back at a 2x multiplier when the verse and heavy scoring section starts. Likewise, there is an ascending/decending run right smack in the middle of the first solo which prevents me from FCing that. I also miss the 4th star power in the second solo every time....which probably costs me upwards of 6-10k.

if you're hitting 96% of the notes on the song, your score really deserves to be higher than it is. you must be breaking combos at parts where it costs you the most points. if you're getting 96%, you also must be hitting a good portion of the solos. you should try to work on the transitions between sections and maybe it will improve your combo. or don't turn on the game...but while staring at the note chart for BATM, practice playing the notes on the SG controller with just your left hand. when you get that down, try the right hand by itself and figure out how you wanna strum, and then try it together (still with the game off). then try it a few times to try to apply what you just practiced to your playing. it sounds like you're pretty close to breaking open a kickass score at this song. just as a tip, i just alternate strum the last solo, if you weren't already. the pattern is a little confusing for the right hand at first, but stick with it (let yourself make some mistakes) and then you'll get it after a few times. it's hard cause you have to alternate strum and you end up in a different strumming direction after you play each "group" if that makes sense (because there's an odd numbe of notes in each group). so you've got to feel comfortable starting each group of notes with an upstrum and a downstrum:

123 12345 12345 123 12345 12345, etc. etc. (the numbers just represent counting number of notes in each "group" of notes in that solo)

MLafer  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
rabies wrote:
BAH!

if you're hitting 96% of the notes on the song, your score really deserves to be higher than it is. you must be breaking combos at parts where it costs you the most points. if you're getting 96%, you also must be hitting a good portion of the solos. you should try to work on the transitions between sections and maybe it will improve your combo. or don't turn on the game...but while staring at the note chart for BATM, practice playing the notes on the SG controller with just your left hand. when you get that down, try the right hand by itself and figure out how you wanna strum, and then try it together (still with the game off). then try it a few times to try to apply what you just practiced to your playing. it sounds like you're pretty close to breaking open a kickass score at this song. just as a tip, i just alternate strum the last solo, if you weren't already. the pattern is a little confusing for the right hand at first, but stick with it (let yourself make some mistakes) and then you'll get it after a few times. it's hard cause you have to alternate strum and you end up in a different strumming direction after you play each "group" if that makes sense (because there's an odd numbe of notes in each group). so you've got to feel comfortable starting each group of notes with an upstrum and a downstrum:

123 12345 12345 123 12345 12345, etc. etc. (the numbers just represent counting number of notes in each "group" of notes in that solo)

I think he's talking about Crossroads, bro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLafer wrote:

welp...so he was...i suppose that makes me douchebag of the day

rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
MLafer wrote:

welp...so he was...i suppose that makes me douchebag of the day

rofl....sorry JH... I can't help but feel kinda bad about laughing since you spent some time there typing all that out trying to help me out....
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is BATM official? I'll have a score by tonight if it is. I couldn't really do any better on Crossroads, I only get the whole beginning 20% of the time. By the time the blues shuffle hits, I have aroun 15-16k each time. When I got the whole beginning it was 20k or something. Also, the second solo is a bitch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: