ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Loyalty to the Downstrum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zarakino  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever done downstrumming I guess I need to start learning alt.strum since I'm finally moving on to hard career. *sigh* orange button and alt.strum oh my!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadow  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarakino wrote:
I've only ever done downstrumming I guess I need to start learning alt.strum since I'm finally moving on to hard career. *sigh* orange button and alt.strum oh my!

Well, I think that you'd get easily through most of the songs on hard with downstrumming only... Except maybe for CfH and TBW.
zarakino  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll still get used to alt just because I plan on moving on to expert and beating everything with 5*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eleventhbroken  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarakino wrote:
I think I'll still get used to alt just because I plan on moving on to expert and beating everything with 5*

hopefully i'll have to time to play enough to get caught up to you in skill sometime
karfledarp351  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just switch between downstrumming and alternate strumming depending on how fast the sections of notes are. the really fast ones i alternate strum and the ones im fast enough to downstrum i do. All i say is just do whats comfortable to you and what makes you do the best on a song.
The0ldMan  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only song where alt strumming has helped me was The Breaking Wheel. No other song has long enough sections of fast notes that I can't get through with only down strums. I think I've gotten too good at only down strumming that I can't switch without taking an extended break from playing the game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The0ldMan
seetherfan  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downstrummed everything so far.

I have about 4 songs left to beat on Expert, although some of my passed songs are far from convincing.

I have tried alt.strumming a couple of times, but just can't get used to it, so end up just sticking with the downstrum.

I'm sure alt.strum will help me pass those last couple of songs, and also to improve scores ono other songs.. but I just can't bring myself to do it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: