ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Does this deserve a New Topic? I think so...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Does this deserve a New Topic? I think so... Reply with quote

Well, many of you may have seen me complain about my newly found friend Cowboys From Hell... Well I just have to say. I FINALLY FUCKING GOT YA BITCH Woohoo! I screamed woohoo so loud when I five starred it, it feels like 500 lbs have been lifted off my shoulders, now I can actually think about getting a higher score on it and not about whether I'm going to 5* it or not. This puts me at 10.7 mil. I thought I was going to choke, (I actually did at the end) I was looking back and forth at the score and the notes on the final BYR YRG OBY BRY RYG part just before the GY chords. I had 156k at the GY chord part and saw I had a x3 combo somehow, and I ended up with 161k. I just want to thank krimsun for the amazing SP strategy, it helped me to at least 5* the damn thing. Though, I screwed up the beginning terribly... I missed the second SP so I had to skip the first GRYB SP. I made up for it by keeping a combo throughout the whole first verse... I also want to thank the guy who suggested doing the 1212323423234 fingering instead of shifting the index finger early. It helped me to get 90% of the mian riffs. Sorry for the long post, I'm excited.

Last edited by COBW3BB on Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, man! You can only get better from here on out

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Good job, man! You can only get better from here on out

Thanks! I'm so excited, I was shaking when I got done because it was so tense at the end. I honestly didn't think I had enough to 5* it, but I got just enough. I'm sure Echelar had somehwat of the same fealing when he got his 5*, I remember his was really close too but I don't think it was this close. This is pushing it, lol.

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Now my suggestion is to do what I did in my progress thread. Make goals to help you chart your progress. It'll keep you working on the things that matter (if score/rank is more important than just sitting down and having fun for it at least) and not so much on the things you already kick ass at.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit the ZZOD (Zig Zag Of Death) in All of This last night. I was pretty stoked, if I would've used SP for the solo, then my score would reflect it but....

I'm missing 4k on scorehero. I have 10,983,000 on the game but only 10,979,000 on here. I'm only 17k away from 11 million. Can someone look at my scores and tell me which would be the easiest to improve? I tried Farewell Myth last night and I just can't keep a combo in that. CFH is worse than ever for me as well....

wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
I hit the ZZOD (Zig Zag Of Death) in All of This last night. I was pretty stoked, if I would've used SP for the solo, then my score would reflect it but....

I'm missing 4k on scorehero. I have 10,983,000 on the game but only 10,979,000 on here. I'm only 17k away from 11 million. Can someone look at my scores and tell me which would be the easiest to improve? I tried Farewell Myth last night and I just can't keep a combo in that. CFH is worse than ever for me as well....

It will take a while before CfH becomes a comfortable 5* - when I first 5-starred it, I scraped it, and was unable to duplicate it on a consistent basis - now, if I don't get over 300K I throw down my controller in disgust, so worry not - you'll get there
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:

ZZOD, I like it.

Needs a little flavor though. ZZOD™

There we go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wULfe, That's the thing, I didn't just five star it, I've had it five starred. I'm stuck in a rut though. I'm stuck at 280k or less... I five star it every time. I just don't get a good score because I break combos and miss easy star powers.

benz0r, yes lol, that or ZZOD® but I like Trademark better. Remember, you saw it here first! Mr. Green

thekovinc  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:

If you can FC Sedated using my SP strategy in the forums you can add almost 20k. Smoke on the Water has 50k possible improvement as well. I would maybe try those songs.

Otherwise, Farewell Myth has a lot to improve. Try out ES's fingering in the forums (going 211 12 12).

Maybe Cheat on the Church. It's hard to tell you what to work on because I don't know your style of play.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, good response drunk kovinc, those are actually songs I can improve on. Thanks.

I meant what songs did you find easy to improve on, 'cuz I know I can improve on all of them....

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit. I'm at 10,991,000 now.... I need to upload a couple of scores too... I need 9k! I need that solid CFH run of 400k and I'll be happy... though that would be an overkill.

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another update! It is 2:14 AM, I am now 18 years old! And I just got 11 million! Woohoo! So excited! I'm also getting my GLX212 120 watt Crate amp today!

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diary Entry Sept 24th

LOL. I just got this like 45 minutes later! I overstrummed in 2 places and killed the ending, so there is room for improvment. But I'm aloud to be proud of a 300k on CFH for now!

SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadruple posting! But good job, and happy birthday.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, triple posting, kinda. The posts were spread out by hours. I didn't feel like editing one post and having a half-page long post.

I just got a 100+k improvement on my score. I'm finally in the top 50!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: