ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Achieving Higher Scores...Career or Quick Mode?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameOver  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In adittion to the scores database on here, i keep a Xcell spreadsheet with the Highest scores attempts, and Best % complete scores.

So far wit 2 different character, well you can look up my posted scores, given they are just the best ones at the time, and when i lost the other details i just have Total Score posted, and i don't have all the scores posted yet..

I've 5 starred all the Easy and Medium's

I only have 3 Hard level one's left to complete and 6 Expert one's (avg 3 stars).Then i can worry about getting 5 stars etc. on those.

Scorewise, i've done better % wise on most but lower score
My best to date on
Easy = Smoke on the Water, 557, 100% complete, 145443
medium = Unsung, 247 streak, 94% complete, 184734
Hard = Infected, 83 Streak, 92% complete, 158403
Expert = Unsung, 113 streak, 87% complete, 182719
Expert = Unsung, 228 streak, 95% complete, 1168119

Given until tonight i've never been able to play without using the bash the thumb technique of strumming. Not bad, almost completed the game with and avg of 4.5 stars

but with the 6 hardest songs to do it's gonna be a while b4 i get those one's to further than 82%
GameOver  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Achieving Higher Scores...Career or Quick Mode? Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
madmadec wrote:
If that's the case, do all of you just make sure you remember to save in the Data Settings before exiting the game?

Yup... one of the only real "bugs" in the game (NA version only, the PAL version reputedly fixed it).
Riz.

In the PAL version,
It only saves if you get a higher score than you already posted or you get a better star rating., regardless of percent complete. So if you don't keep a record of your achievements elsewhere AKA a spreadsheet or piece of paper or here, those details are lost.

And if you get the same star rating but a better score, it doesn't give you more money, only time you get that is if you up your star rating.
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're worried about game saves, do not, I repeat, DO NOT play on quick play....I have come to find out that if you fill up all of the high scores on a song (I believe there are 6 spots open for high scores) and then you have a bad run and do not make a top-6 score, it will not let you press start to continue, and you must restart the ps2....this may only be the older versions of the game seeing as how I bought mine in January but just in case I would recommend playing in Career Mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: