Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
September 11 - 5 years
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattdaddy  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: September 11 - 5 years Reply with quote

so today is the 5th anniversary of the terrorist attacks that took place on september 11, 2001...does it really seem like that was 5 years (1/2 a decade!) ago? seems like just the other day i was in my freshman geography class in high school hearing about a "small plane" hitting some buildings in new york...can you all recall what you were doing at the time of the attacks?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MattDaddy101
Genga  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coming home from school i was in a taxi

its also Wullie's birthday today
EvilByte  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember we were all in school (I was in 6th grade then) and they didn't tell us about it so I learned it when I got home. Of course, today is my birthday so that year wasn't very fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shadow  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to a buddy's place when that happened. As soon as I got there, he told me the WTF-news and then almost all the time was wasted on keeping an eye on the TV.
kaotic103  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember i was in 5th grade and all these ppl started talkin about something with terrorists happened but i was lost and didnt know what happened until after school when i got home
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sitting in my freshman keyboarding class when the principal came over the loud speaker to talk about it... then we just watched the television the rest of the day. would piss everyone off when a teacher wouldnt let us watch the tv and TRY to make us do some work. but i think the work could go on hold for a bit, ya think?
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually remember this flashbulb memory. I was sitting in my mom's friend's house watching it live on UPN when it happened. When I went to my class a few minutes later, everybody was in an absolute shock. We actually got out at around noon because of the day of mourning.

When we got to school the next day, everybody was sad except for me. The only reason I wasn't was because it was my birthday...(I was in 6th grade, so I didn't really understand the gravity of the situation.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sophmore year of HS...in English AP. We had a fire drill, and as we were coming in from the fire drill we caught wind of the news.

Freaky, huh?
ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in 5th grade when i heard about this. the weird thing is, i heard about it at 9:11. no joke. i was pretty pissed off though, we didn't even have a moment of silence at school.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought my music teacher {5th grade too} was in on a secret after the school day {wasn't announced, in fact I remember saying "Whats bush talking about now?" when my mom came and picked me up and it was on the radio /end wall of text}

When we got done singing the national anthem, she said somethign along the lines of "sing louder, for a tragedy is going to hit america"

Since then I think she was part of taliban...but that was like 3 hrs after it happened...

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching the attacks happen on television in my 8th grade History teacher's class. It was 3rd period I believe. Everyone in school thought we were going to get bombed or something later on. A bunch of people went home. A sad day in history...

Galgo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in 6th grade history when they hit. My teacher turned on the T.V. after the first one hit, so I watched the second one hit. Tehn I got sent home from school and my ignorent self said, "YAY, a free day off of school." I didn't care what was happening at all. So I went to a friend's house.

The key to dancing is keeping your feet still.

Matt wrote:
Vote all you want, this isn't a democracy.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a senior, in english class when it hit. I was playing gameboy, and when it happened, I couldn't stop playing it. I didn't want to look at the tv, I didn't want to see what was going on, hoping it all would become a dream. I signed up to the air force 3 months earlier to this happening, thinking, hey, easy 4 years, get some $$, start a new life.

Man how things change. Nothing like steady chemical exercises when I was stationed in Japan for two years. Once a month, we had a week to where we had charcoal chem suits, gas mask and all. On top of all this, we was inside of a secure communications building. They made us do it, so the rest wouldn't feel bad

In other news, check us out during one of the chem exercises.

schzoidbaka  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilByte wrote:
I remember we were all in school (I was in 6th grade then) and they didn't tell us about it so I learned it when I got home. Of course, today is my birthday so that year wasn't very fun.

[offtopic] HAPPY BIRTHDAY! [/offtopic]

[flashback] anyways... I remember I was almost late to school because my family and I were watching the news. Then when I finally got to school (my sixth grade) teacher was watching it too and we spent the morning that day watching the news. [/flashback]

I didn't even realize that it was the September 11th until this morning, when the school news announced it.

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
I was a senior, in english class when it hit. I was playing gameboy, and when it happened, I couldn't stop playing it. I didn't want to look at the tv, I didn't want to see what was going on, hoping it all would become a dream. I signed up to the air force 3 months earlier to this happening, thinking, hey, easy 4 years, get some $$, start a new life.

Man how things change. Nothing like steady chemical exercises when I was stationed in Japan for two years. Once a month, we had a week to where we had charcoal chem suits, gas mask and all. On top of all this, we was inside of a secure communications building. They made us do it, so the rest wouldn't feel bad

In other news, check us out during one of the chem exercises.

I really hope you're not stuck on Baltic Avenue...that place blows.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: