ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The way things work.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthrice  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: The way things work. Reply with quote

Maybe the topic title is a little misleading, but I really hate how things happen to turn out.

All day yesterday my fiancee was freaking out because she has cousins who goto Dawson College(The school that had the shooting yesterday.)

She was on the phone with her dad quite a bit, trying to find out if her cousins are all right or not. They all were, so she went to bed happy.

Fast forward to this morning, she gets a call from her grandfather telling her that he is coming to pick her up and he has bad news.

Her father died last night from a heart attack. He was 42 years old.

It really looks like the universe was determined to take someone she loves away from her.

The scary thing for me is I can see the same thing happening to my dad in the next 6 months. My dad is two years older than hers, and has been having heart problems for over 7 years now.

So if anyone wishes to leave a nice comment to her, I am sure it will make her feel better. Even if only a little bit.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's horrible...

At least her cousins were alright...

If her dad was like that, at least he is out of pain now. I send my best wishes to her family and his friends.

I know what its like to lose a loved one just suddenly like that. She's going to need all the support she can get.
Anthrice  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my dad who has the heart problems.

Her dad was perfectly healthy. Walked every day to work, didnt drink, didnt do drugs. Yes, he smoked cigs, but other than that he was fit as a fiddle.

Thats why it was a shock. He had a few problems about a month ago but had seen a doctor and been fine since.

I still don't know how I am going to break this to my 3 year old son. He has just started understanding what death is, and it will break his heart when he finds out his grandpa is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Attempting to keep this non-religion specific)

Life if fragile and temporary. But mourn not for those who pass, for they have gone to a better place. This goodbye is only temporary, and the sadness now will be nothing compared to the joy you feel the day you once again join your loved onces again.
Namu  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condolences.

EskimoTrousers wrote:
so that makes namu sexier than 2 scoreheros?
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Life if fragile and temporary. But mourn not for those who pass, for they have gone to a better place. This goodbye is only temporary, and the sadness now will be nothing compared to the joy you feel the day you once again join your loved onces again.

that was quite posibly the most beautiful thing ive ever heard.

you have my condolances anthrice. i lost my father 3 years ago to a heart attack
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCalx wrote:
Matt wrote:

that was quite posibly the most beautiful thing ive ever heard.

you have my condolances anthrice. i lost my father 3 years ago to a heart attack

well Matt is actually a really sensitive person.

Anyway, seriously, my condolances as well.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: