ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Does anyone know what the newspaper actually says?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imposter  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know what the newspaper actually says? Reply with quote

The super tiny black text that you can't read. Has anyone bothered to blow the picture up and look?

I know that in halo 2 there are diagrams in the matchmaking screens with super tiny text that people enlarged and were able to read. I wonder if the same can be done here.
ES942  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a little ways into it. it actually has sentences, but i forget what they are.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered that myself, maybe I'll look into it.

EDIT: Ok, I just got a nice picture from the GH360 top scores page, and so far this is what I'm getting:

"Flooding says it was by ----------
that breed got the opportunity to"

That's about all I got. By the way, here's the pic I went by.

[/img]

Yes, chances are your going to fail the test if you do, but hey,
my high score for BubbleHero is 68%!
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the band got the opportunity to _____ to _____. Another band was _____ to _____ at the best ______.
That's all I get outta it from the 2nd line on.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
the band got the opportunity to _____ to _____. Another band was _____ to _____ at the best ______.

____ it was by _____ the band got the opportunity to ___ to ____. Another band was ___ to ___ at the last ___ could've hit ___ his band ___ ____ the opportunity to go to their ____.

With ____ trepidation they ___ their first ___ and with the overwhelming ___ they ___ ___

(score)

"___ ___" an Irish pub ___ in the heart of a ___ ___. Upon checking this establishment out, they discovered a real ___ Irish pub with ____ ____ and good pub grub. It also happened to

(tape)

the band ___

(tape, end, can't be bothered with the top bit on the other side)

I used to work in an office where I had to translate scribbled feedback forms from nurses (who were notorious for their awful handwriting).

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Nivlheim  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going from what thecaptainof said,

Quote:

____ says it was by coincidence the band got the opportunity to travel to ____. Another band was ___ to ___ at the last ___ could've hit ___ his band were offered the opportunity to go to their ____.

With ____ trepidation they ___ their first trip and with the overwhelming response they received at

(score)

"Deadly Murphys" an Irish pub located in the heart of a ___ ___. Upon checking this establishment out, they discovered a real ___ Irish pub with ____ ____ and good pub grub. It also happened to

(tape)

the band ___
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I get on the first column:

(Flooding) says it was by coincidence the band got (the/this) opportunity to travel to ___. Another band was (unable) to travel at the last (minute) and so he and his band were offered the opportunity to go in their place.

With some trepidation they ___ their first trip and with the overwhelming response the received at [score] "Deadly Murphys," an Irish pub located in the heart of a ___ ___. Upon ___ the establishment out, they discovered a ___ ___ Irish Pub with excellent (Guinness) and good pub grub. It also happened to be ___ ___ ___ so the band ___ [tape]

() are really just guesses - it's hard to read a lot of this. I'm not as sure about the second column. I'll have to look back at it when I have more time.
PenguinMan  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow there are letters there? I didn't know that
Beat Jordan (expert) [59%]
Electric Eye: Guitar Solo E
stlcards08  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried to enlarge and enhance the image, but I don't have a very good program. I was able to read it a little better, but didn't get anything more than was already said.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loaded up GHex, went to ui/gen/endgame.milo_ps2/me_newspaper.tex, PrtSc'd, and pasted into Photoshop to do away with the analog capture's blur and the masking tape textures. Here's what I was able to pick out. Question marks are words I couldn't pick out at all, and are not indicative of length. Parentheses are words that I think are right but am not sure, either due to ambigious letter shapes or due to blotches added to the image over the words - I tried to use the context around them to figure them out. It seems like it's halfway gibberish, like they took parts of sentences and blended them together such that they don't make full sentences here and there. Concerning the break between the two columns, I think that whatever the source, they skipped quite a bit, as the sentence structure just doesn't match up if you butt them together.

Quote:
Fleming says it was by coincidence the band got the opportunity to travel to Japan. Another band was unable to travel at the last minute and so he and his band were allowed the opportunity to go in their place.

With some trepidation they made their first trip and with the overwhelming response they received at "(Scruffy) Murphy," an Irish pub located in the heart of a (bustling) downtown. Upon checking the establishment out, they discovered a real (authentic) Irish Pub with excellent Guinness and good pub grub. It also happened to be open mic night, so the band ???? took over the stage

south of Tokyo - felt like home away from home, with its lush green rolling landscape and its multitude of cherry (blossom trees). "(Yet)," Fleming says, "one was struck by the (commitment) and dedication of our men and women in uniform as they played their part in protecting and serving in an ever challenging and hostile world."

To get "Scruffy Murphy", I googled murphy irish pub and looked until I found a name that fit the shape of the first word. So that others have the advantage of seeing the raw image, I took it and did some levels tweaking so that the background is nearly solid white, then I cropped it to just the text and uploaded it:

Edit: Just viewed the face-off newspaper background - I won't post it for brevity but for the parts I have bolded, I am 100% absolutely sure that I am right, as there are no blotches whatsoever.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's one thing we can all agree on... we all have far too much time on our hands.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
HellAshes wrote:

____ it was by _____ the band got the opportunity to ___ to ____. Another band was ___ to ___ at the last ___ could've hit ___ his band ___ ____ the opportunity to go to their ____.

With ____ trepidation they ___ their first ___ and with the overwhelming ___ they ___ ___

(score)

"___ ___" an Irish pub ___ in the heart of a ___ ___. Upon checking this establishment out, they discovered a real ___ Irish pub with ____ ____ and good pub grub. It also happened to

(tape)

the band ___

(tape, end, can't be bothered with the top bit on the other side)

I used to work in an office where I had to translate scribbled feedback forms from nurses (who were notorious for their awful handwriting).

Did anyone else think of Mad Libs after this post?

\m/
mcat  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i was googling and i came across this thread and how strangely familiar it was to an article i had just came across. Found: http://english.glendale.cc.ca.us/NEWSPAPER.jpg (read the second column)
theslayermon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcat wrote:
So i was googling and i came across this thread and how strangely familiar it was to an article i had just came across. Found: http://english.glendale.cc.ca.us/NEWSPAPER.jpg (read the second column)

http://english.glendale.cc.ca.us/NEWSPAPER.jpg

crazily awesome first post

Goals
Become top 1000 GH3 []
Get 10 top 100 on GH3 [4]
Dont come last in the SEBN GH3 competition [*fingers crossed*]
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: twisted emotion PSN Name: the_slayer_mon
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best. Necro. Ever..

GH2 newspaper mystery finally solved..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2006-2024 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy