View previous topic :: View next topic  
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are the reasons Matt locks threads

Quote:
1. have no point in existing
2. are nothing more than flame posts
3. are a duplicate of another topic
4. ask really stupid questions (im not saying your question was stupid, before you start thinking that)
5. are made by people he doesnt like, or are about something he dosent like.

I'm pretty sure this applies here
(and I'm 15, thus pretty sober)
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Drunk Thread Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
You know, everyone on ScoreHero is way too cutsy-wootsy and sober. Why can't people be drunk every once in awhile?

Thanks to SThorpe, people now CAN be drunk. Just leave your messages in this topic.

Like the only message I want to leave right now: "I hate you benzor"

See? I feel much better now. And benzor is just happy his name is getting mentioned. Doubt me? Ask him tomorrow...

Ok, that's all I have for now. If matt doesn't lock this thread by tomorrow, I'm sure I'll have more to be drunk about.

EDIT: and if you're not drunk...keep looking. this is not the thread for you.

No such thing as bad publicity. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
Tokyo Games Show!

edit: and see if I send you something, I tried, but I dont know if it would work

Holy fuck TGS is going on!? I need to catch up on my 1up reading.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yes, that's what I'm talking about.

I'll be posting here tonight.
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this thread does have a purpose. Does Matt want drunk people posting messages all over ScoreHero? Probably not. This leaves a thread for drunk people to go to to converse with each other and not bother the rest of ScoreHero.

Also, I happen to think many funny things might be said in this thread...
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it should stay, it would be funny, and drunk people staying in here I'm not sure, you were post rampaging everywhere last night.
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
yes it should stay, it would be funny, and drunk people staying in here I'm not sure, you were post rampaging everywhere last night.

Yes yes. But for the most part, I'd like to think I wasn't hurting much (except being angry at benzor, and by proxy pope).
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus Matt drinks a lot too, you'd think he'd be into this sort of thing. Gives him a place to just kick it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that keeps a refrigerator of beer in his bedroom? It comes in handy after coming home from the bars and wanting to have a "nightcap"
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
Am I the only one that keeps a refrigerator of beer in his bedroom? It comes in handy after coming home from the bars and wanting to have a "nightcap"

I don't have a fridge in my bedroom, but I have my own apartment with a full size fridge, generally filled with beer. That good enough?

I'm drunk... and loving it. Gradius V is fucking hard... it is one of the only games that I need codes to survive... and that's saying something.

*sighs* I have been told to get a life because of my megaman and atari tattoos... too bad they have no idea what I'm doing next, lmao.

A friend of mine is going into the military, and I am giving her something that means a hell of a lot to me, to keep the tradition. It was a coin I was recieved in Japan before I got stationed here in Texas. I explained to her how much it means to me and well... she can't believe I'm giving it to her. Lets just say, shooting pool means just as much to me, and it will NEVER be something I will be able to do with him, ever again.

I need to get better at GH... but there is a tekken tag tourney coming up next month, and I WILL be taking 1st place in it, I promise you that. Time to kick some ass and take some names.
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel: The Atari tattoo is a bit out there (I can't say anything about Mega Man because I love him).

But hey, I just talked to B3nz0r for a bit on the phone, and he's a pretty cool guy. If anyone else is decently close to of age and wouldn't mind getting called to talk GH, PM me. It was a good conversation, and we talked about a lot of things that might help each other in our playing.

Het: I don't want your number. Calling Japan gives me hella roaming charges.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekovinc wrote:
Squirrel: The Atari tattoo is a bit out there (I can't say anything about Mega Man because I love him).

But hey, I just talked to B3nz0r for a bit on the phone, and he's a pretty cool guy. If anyone else is decently close to of age and wouldn't mind getting called to talk GH, PM me. It was a good conversation, and we talked about a lot of things that might help each other in our playing.

LOL, I love how I was already thinking about giving you my number here until I got to the bottom of your post. Well, if people on here download Skype, we can talk for free on there as if it is the phone...it's really great quality.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
thekovinc wrote:

LOL, I love how I was already thinking about giving you my number here until I got to the bottom of your post. Well, if people on here download Skype, we can talk for free on there as if it is the phone...it's really great quality.

Give me your number anyway. I'll call it asap. At least once.

...I'm waiting...
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Het-ee Het-ee Het-ee...
thekovinc  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have something for people (of age of course) that would like to just have fun but not try for high scores when they plan on drinking for a night. A game that people might want to try when they're drinking (feel free to warm up by playing the song until you're comfortable with it):

The point of this is to gauge peoples' tolerances for drinking. Just follow the procedure below (if anyone does this, I'd be fairly impressed....Based on pictures alone, I'd say B3nz0r and Huwonk will be the only people that will do this...maybe Squirell):

Play a song when completely sober: record the score

When you start to drink, play the song again: record the score

Every beer (or drink for those of you that don't drink beer), play the song again: record the score

Drink until you can't pass the song (or until you can't type...whichever comes first).

Graph your score vs. #drinks........I think you will notice it is a very high downward slope at some point. The point of your highest downward slope is your Guitar Hero Drunkeness Point. Your GHDP will determine how well you play while drinking. Go ahead and try this for various songs. I feel you will find the song is a small part of the equation.

If you say, "Hey, I can play song 'X' twice as well as song 'Y'. then there is a good chance that song 'X' is harder than song 'Y'. In these cases, you have to multiply a factor into your score for song X to get an accurate representation of your score for song 'Y'. I will have to wait until people try this (if people try this) before I can make any judgments on overall 'scores' or achievements of drunken playing.

I just think this would be something that is fun to research...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 2 of 124

Jump to: