ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New England ScoreHero Get-Together! NEW INFO PAGE 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samling  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: New England ScoreHero Get-Together! NEW INFO PAGE 4 Reply with quote

Ok, so surprisingly my parents are entirely cool with having intarwebs friends come over and spend a night playing Guitar Hero and hanging out and such. This is the official information thread.

The 5 W's

Where: My house, 70 Old Post Road, Newington, NH 03801. Newington is right next to Portsmouth in southern New Hampshire, almost exactly an hour from Boston, an hour from Portland, and 3 hours from Burlington, give or take, to give you guys a general sense of distance. Mapquest it if you're unsure of time or directions, but once a date has been picked out and it's approaching, I'll put more specific directions on how to actually get TO my house.

Who: Anyone who's interested, really. My house is a decent size, I can accommodate a fair number of people assuming some bring sleeping bags or whatever, got plenty of floor space. Here's a list I've compiled from the thread over in General Chat about it of people I'm guessing are interested:

I NEED to hear back from the people I PMed and anyone else who is interested in going by ONE WEEK BEFORE THAT WEEKEND. That's the 22nd at the latest.

Dan - Confirmed
Me - Confirmed
DaBalm - Confirmed
Matt - Confirmed (Sunday -> Monday)
Jaksiel - Confirmed
EvilByte - Confirmed (w/friend)
JumpinSkiing - Confirmed (for one day)
cky71321 - Maybe

NOTE: I'm going to start PMing people to confirm whether they're going or not.

If you are not on this list and are interested in attending, let me know so I can put you on this list. I guess it's not terribly necessary, but in the event I have to send out a mass PM or something.

What: Come on, read the title of the thread. ScoreHero get-together! I've got an alright TV going on in my living room, 37" widescreen HDTV, and I'm guessing a person or two will bring their own TVs, but it's all in the name of fun.

When: Date is July 28th-29th! That's a Saturday and a Sunday! This is maybe the most important part of this thread. Please let me know when you can go, or if you're the sort of person who's got lots of free time, let me know when you can't go. We're shooting for some time this month (July), since people have to go back to college in August and there will be some preparation before that, so let's get this going!

Why: Why not? All in the name of fun.

Some things to keep in mind:

* There probably wouldn't be any drinking unless you were of legal age. My parents aren't like, ridiculously strict, but the likelihood of them saying yes to that is low, so just assume for the moment that it'd be alcohol-free. Besides, isn't it easier playing GH sober anyhow?

* I live in a fairly rural area, I only have neighbors on two sides, across the street and to the right of the house across a field, so noise isn't a big issue as far as they go, but assuming the number of people who have expressed interest in this thread show up, we could end up being pretty loud. Nothing I can really do about it, and my mom didn't seem particularly concerned when I brought that up to her, so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

That's about it. This is the place to discuss it and get it going. If you have any questions, simply ask them in this thread, I'll be checking it a lot, so I'll get back to you rather quickly.

Last edited by samling on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:03 am; edited 21 times in total
Cyclone  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are all of these things 10+ hours away from me...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is everyone there likely to be? I'm 15
samling  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simey: I'm 18, Dan (Armageddon) is 17, the majority of people I'd expect to be between 17-20. The age range isn't terrible, and there'll most likely be some no alcohol or limited (e.g. if you're legally allowed, ok) alcohol policy, if that helps.
rob  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

add me to the list, unless its on a really bad date i'll be there

Logdom achieved: 5:31 PM 7/14/07

Next Goal: 7 star 80's Hard (4 songs left)
DaBalm  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIIIIICCCCEEE Sam good work getting your parents to get this thing going...i can do pretty much any weekend so the absolutely last weekend i CAN do is the weekend of august 4th and 5th...So in that range would be great...After the UGS boston i'm pumped to keep meeting you people on scorehero
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this can happen before August, considering the first weekend of August I'm going to be at a NJ get-together, so I definitely can't come to this if it happens then. Hopefully this can occur on the last weekend of July or something, if that is at all possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be there
DaBalm  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wrong with the 28th and the 29th?? will that give everyone enough time to make plans to get there and what not?
samling  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

28th and 29th are a Sunday and a Monday, just so everyone knows. I can definitely get those days off work, and that's really the only thing I have to work around, so everyone let me know. I'll put that as the tentative date right now since no one has suggested anything else.
yuuuuu  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if your legally allowed to drink in your country (Canada) but not in the USA.

Goals:
FC 35 songs on expert (X)
FC 40 songs on expert ( ) [38]
Top 25 expert (XBOX360) ( ) [27th]
DaBalm  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samling wrote:
28th and 29th are a Sunday and a Monday, just so everyone knows. I can definitely get those days off work, and that's really the only thing I have to work around, so everyone let me know. I'll put that as the tentative date right now since no one has suggested anything else.

maybe the dates on my computer are wrong, but i'm pretty positive that the 28th and 29th are saturday and sunday...but eitherway, i meant that weekend
JumpinSkiing  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, i'm pretty psyched, I most likely won't be able to sleep over as my parents definitely will not be cool about me going to a random intarweb rapists house for GH, but I'm positive i can go for a day. The earlier the better honestly, as i'm going on vacation the last week of july, first week of august, vacation in the lakes region, but still i'll be able to go.

Should be awesome.
samling  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBalm wrote:
samling wrote:

maybe the dates on my computer are wrong, but i'm pretty positive that the 28th and 29th are saturday and sunday...but eitherway, i meant that weekend

Whoops, you're right. I thought my computer's calendar went from Monday to Sunday, not Sunday to Saturday. x_x Sounds good to me, any objections?

JumpinSkiing: If you could make it at all, that's better than not coming. :P

Yuuu: It's more like a house policy, not so much a country one. x)
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that if you're under the drinking age in the country you are in, that means that you cannot drink, in that country. Therefore, if you come from Canada to the U.S. and find you are underage in the U.S, then I think it would be illegal for you to drink, in the U.S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: