ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Who here still plays in arcades?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaikouRider  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep playing in arcades until I get my Cobalt Flux.
de1337ed  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a brand new SuperNOVA machine on campus this year. I've been playing way much on it and started picking up some of the harder songs (by harder I mean not Fascination). One thing I've noticed, though, is that the Nonstop and Challenge courses just aren't that great. There is a distinct lack of Captain Jack (Fucking Centerfold?!) and it needs more Rhythm and Police.

P.S. The machine is free...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still play at the arcade if they didn't replace our damn machine with Pump It Up. I hate that game. argh
At least I still have extreme 1 and 2 and supernova at home. Extreme 2 is the best in my opinion, although I barely play it anymore...
schzoidbaka  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play whenever my bf comes down for the weekend. We hit up an arcade and just start playing. I mostly play Extreme, but I gotta say, 4th (or was it 5th?) Mix Plus is my fav. Whichever one is the equivalent to Konamix (PS).

At home, I have DDR (yes, the first one), Konamix, Max, Max2, Extreme, Extreme2, and PartyMix (Wii).

Playing with the Wii version is SOOO much fun! The songs are mostly licensed (disco songs), but the different modes and the use of hand movements makes is waay fun, and a bit of a challenge.

Imryel  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an amazing ITG machine close to me that is kept up by users. Hacked to have 1200 songs, quite nice

taint666  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still love going to arcades
i cant play ddr.. however
i stick to shooters and skeet ball... and this game where you hit a punching bag... pretty sweet
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i ate a key lime pie today
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i felt like a traitor
MitchMan  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every now and then, I go.

The last one I went to was for jazz band in Mason City and I played the hell outta Tekken 4
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still play at arcades, but not very often (definately not everyday like i used to). and every time i go I'm usually accompanied by people so my play gets limited.

And in response to Matt:

i understand how you could not like supernova, but idk if you've played double in that game. i used to be in the same boat as you until i played double. some of the new songs have some of the most amazing/fun charts in DDR (single or double). i say if you can pla heavy on double, give some of them a shot, it may change your mind.
shooter21198  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only games i play in arcades are area 51 jurassic park and the occasional tekken maybe DDR if im in the mood
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shooter21198SH
retop56  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still play DDR at my local arcade. I hang out with the employees because I hang out with all of them and we play DDR together a lot.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes go to Seattle Gameworks and mess around with some DDR, Pop'n Music, Guitar Freaks, and those 2 drum games they have. I always forget the names.
arthurychoi  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galiath25 wrote:
I sometimes go to Seattle Gameworks and mess around with some DDR, Pop'n Music, Guitar Freaks, and those 2 drum games they have. I always forget the names.

i suck at the drum game one >__>
that gameworks is pretty fun.
I go as often as I can, which is once every year.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a small arcade about 5 min from work, and a chuck e cheese about 1 min away.

The arcade in the mall has ddr, but the pads are only so-so. I enjoy playing on my Afterburner more, but when I'm out to just show off, or I feel like releasing some steam and not decide to go home again, I'll rock face at the arcade. The only thing I hate about playing there, is that the people here are asses, and think that making fun of me will screw me up.

I almost cried when me and nick went to chuck e cheese and they took out the TMNT machine. That thing was always full with quarters, always confused us why they removed it.

That or it could have been that two guys over 20 were standing behind two small kids for over a half hour so we can beat the game ourselves from start to finish.

At least the chuck e cheese has King of Fighters.
Dankscarver  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arcade in the movie theater I go to has a Subpar gaming set up (DDR, a few pin ball games, 2 air hockey tables, Time crises 3 and 4, and Police 911) But the DDR Machine's right button is like, falling apart so I'm getting a lot better on the right side xD. Also somebody pushed the Pad really close up so it only makes it harder.

People just seem to stop caring about Arcades. There's another arcade that is like 30 minutes from my house with Guitar Freaks but it sucks balls. And the DDR pad is really small there also. Plus the Fighting games have buttons that don't work and the shooting game's calibration sucks balls.

Arcades = Dead. You really only see people in Arcades during tournaments or when there is an Special Anime presentation near by.
ddranthony92  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going tomorrow

My local game room only had a Supernova Machine which blew because only the left pad works, but they just put in a Extreme machine. and im getting a 20 from my dad and like 15 is going into that machine, damn... i haven't played since like January. :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ddranthony92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: