Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We so clazy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b3nz0r wrote:
We so clazy.

Though the prob with that is that the Japanese language doesn't have L, so they actually say it as R.

Example (not exact): The main character in The Last Samurai is Nathan Algren. They say it something like... Arukuren.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just got back from a weekend soccer tournament in Nagano (which was awesome )...I'm real tired, so I'll make sure to get back to you guys on a bunch of your questions tomorrow.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Namu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...
Does anyone speak japanese?
Because I can.

EskimoTrousers wrote:
so that makes namu sexier than 2 scoreheros?
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
What is the general attitude towards America? One of my friends was sponsored to live there for six weeks (she's 17 btw). She said the teenagers there are very hyper as compared to Americans. She also said that the Japanese kids love America, which I found baffling. Have you found this to be relatively true, or have you not encountered this at all?

Hmm...they're really just interested in western cultures in general. I think you see that influence a lot more in large city areas though. I'm in a more rural area, so people around here kind of live here in their own world for the most part, and don't really show an outward over-the-top interested in western countries. If they see me, they're just interested because they don't see many foreigners so they might ask me some questions...but if I weren't there, I don't think they'd be that interested on their own. Go to Osaka, Nagoya, Tokyo, etc. etc., and I think you'd see more of that kind of interest, though.

schzoidbaka, it's raining like crazy here right now, and it's started to get cooler. At the location where I am, with the exception of Nagano, it snows more in the winter than anywhere else in Japan. So that should be interesting. Japanese also don't have central heating in their homes, so it should be a nice, frosty winter.

sthorpe, the premiership is televised over here, but I'm not really sure about the interest yet. Some people seem interested, but others seem a lot more into baseball.

squirrel, I'll let you know when I take a trip to Tokyo. I didn't realize I was closer to Tokyo than you were. I'm still a 5 or 6 hour drive away though.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Kachie  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
not even close IEG..
It would be:

Phoo-Koo-eee-ken

eee as in eek! not as in eeh?
and oo as in looser, not oh.

Quite right, emphasis on the Phoo. It`s the prefecture not many people have heard of but should have because it`s just that awesome. (not that i`m biased or anything) I just got to go to Nagano which was also pretty sweet. . .I don`t think I`ll ever get used to being around so many mountains. The weather around here has gotten a lot cooler which is great cause when it`s hot here, it`s humid. Dryers aren`t the norm here unless you go to the laundrymat, so you either hang clothes inside and at least in my case turn your hallway into a clothes jungle. . or you hang it outside on your balcony. That can work ok. . unless it`s humid, then everything dries all stiff and uck.

Around here the people are really interested in American culture. Whenever I talk to my kids about New York they get very wide eyed and excited. . . it`s kinda odd to get used to. As for them being hyper. . . eh, it depends. At the elementary school that I visit, the kids are EXTREMELY hyper, jumping all over you, wanting to play 24/7. . but that`s not too different from home. And in junior high, it`s a mixed bag. Kids are kids no matter where you go. The biggest difference I would say is with the boys. They`re very comfortable with each other, arms slung around each other in the hallways, hand holding. . . but ask them to talk to a female student and you`ve got a stuttering mess on your hands.

"I'm a loner dottie, a rebel, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. . . "

rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schzoidbaka wrote:
That's cool rabies, you're half Japanese and born in Japan. I was born there too, and lived there for about a few years then moved to stoopid California.

Born there but 100% American? Military family? At least you moved to California. I moved from Okinawa to Colorado Springs. Quite a difference in locale..let me tell ya.

Kachie wrote:
..but ask them to talk to a female student and you`ve got a stuttering mess on your hands.

lol...boys are the same worldwide....when it comes to girls... are you saying boys in America are any more confident when trying to talk to girls? I certainly wasn't.
schzoidbaka  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rabies"]
schzoidbaka wrote:
That's cool rabies, you're half Japanese and born in Japan. I was born there too, and lived there for about a few years then moved to stoopid California.

Born there but 100% American? Military family? At least you moved to California. I moved from Okinawa to Colorado Springs. Quite a difference in locale..let me tell ya.

Yea, I'm Filipina, but my parents tell me I'm a Japanese at stuck as a Filipina. People often confuse me for being Chinese and/or Japanese though Born in Yokosuka and then moved to Atsugi and then here 'cause my dad was a military man.

Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="schzoidbaka"]
rabies wrote:
schzoidbaka wrote:

Yea, I'm Filipina, but my parents tell me I'm a Japanese at stuck as a Filipina. People often confuse me for being Chinese and/or Japanese though Born in Yokosuka and then moved to Atsugi and then here 'cause my dad was a military man.

Were you there the day when the rain turned to snow?

If anyone gets that reference, they get ten million points and a cookie.
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

I've already got 11.5 mil+, and a bag of cookies.

I win

ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got 12.8+ million, but i don't have any cookies...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kachie wrote:
rabies wrote:
not even close IEG..
It would be:

Phoo-Koo-eee-ken

eee as in eek! not as in eeh?
and oo as in looser, not oh.

but ask them to talk to a female student and you`ve got a stuttering mess on your hands.

i do that at school!

MLafer  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Alakaiser"]
schzoidbaka wrote:
rabies wrote:
schzoidbaka wrote:

Shenmue, i win

Did you see a black car?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... any problems with Kancho?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MLafer"]
Alakaiser wrote:
schzoidbaka wrote:
rabies wrote:
schzoidbaka wrote:

Shenmue, i win

Did you see a black car?

Excuse me, I'm looking for some sailors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: