ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S5 - PS2 - OB Playoff Thread - Winner: NineInchNails
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
On a competitor note...I got 80s on Thursday...same time I saw I had to play raw dog.....so far I have not even played that once......and now its saturday...damn....I know I need to play raw dog...but the pull of 80s is great....Im expecting to tank in the playoffs now thanks to this game...
I know what you mean. I've spent a lot more time on 80's than GHII since I bought it. Seems to me that quite a few people have submitted very early to work on 80's. The only song I've played on GHII since I bought 80's has been Raw Dog about fifty times! I still can't get a score that I'm satisfied with, and this is without that near impossible third activation. I've decided, no more 80's for me until I get a great Raw Dog score.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quovadis13 wrote:
I have spent waaaaaaaaaay too long on this song, but I finally managed to get a score I am proud of. The thing is I know I can bump it up a bit too, because I let go of a long hold halfway through.

We will see if I have the motivation to go back and bump it up a notch. One thing is for sure, this will definitely be my highest rank here on Scorehero.
time and luck may have been on your side my friend, because i had about an hour to play this song before i had to submit on thursday, and i didn't even use all of that time *blames 80s and leaving for the weekend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-On wrote:
NineInchNails wrote:
J-On wrote:
With Raw Dog I at least have a shot against NIN. He's one place above me on it. If I can get that new path down, who knows what'll happen.

Now, everybody pull for me beat NIN.

I really don't know if I can be fucked to get that activation, i've had enough of GH2, and 80's is out tomorrow. Maybe i'll grind it, maybe not.

So what, you mean you're not trying or what?

I wasn't sure whether to even bother submitting, it's too frustrating a song. I hate playing it etc. Anyway, it's 11pm, i'm gonna give it a go.

Good luck mate.
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, someway, I finally got the score that I wanted on Raw Dog, and here's how I feel.
Whether it's good enough to win the second round(I wish) or not, we'll see.
*goes back to try to get impossible third activation*

KoE wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck everone with this round. As I'm sure my time has come to gracefully exit thanks to the luck of the bracket draw, just wanted to say it was a pleasure to be in this league with such outstanding players.

Best of luck next season.

And special good luck to psx... last B league I lost in round 2 to the ultimate league winner (same song even lol) so knock 'em dead.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NineInchNails wrote:
J-On wrote:
NineInchNails wrote:
J-On wrote:
With Raw Dog I at least have a shot against NIN. He's one place above me on it. If I can get that new path down, who knows what'll happen.

Now, everybody pull for me beat NIN.

I really don't know if I can be fucked to get that activation, i've had enough of GH2, and 80's is out tomorrow. Maybe i'll grind it, maybe not.

So what, you mean you're not trying or what?

I wasn't sure whether to even bother submitting, it's too frustrating a song. I hate playing it etc. Anyway, it's 11pm, i'm gonna give it a go.

Good luck mate.

Yes, it is frustrating. It's not that it's that hard of a song, there's just little parts here and there that can be easy to screw up on. Plus, there's that mega-hard activation. Anyways, good luck to you too, NIN.
S5-GHII - made Round 2 - 9th place
S6-80s - made semi-finals - 3rd place
S7-GHIII - made quarter-finals - 7th place
S8-GHIII - made Round 2 - 11th place
S8-RB H Guitar - Champion - 1st place
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just submitted, and I'm pleased with my score. Also, I'm smelling a lot of upsets in this round, because a lot of people seem to be way caught up in 80's, especially the top players. This is probably where I make my exit, though, so see everyone next season.

KoE wrote:
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, thanks RJUCPU

I was a little peeved at my score because my whammy wouldn't let me get more out of the second activation, even though I did manage to get that bitching activation out (5 times total actually, only twice during FC runs, once where I managed to botch the last activation quite hard).

Also, who else isn't surprised that a certain NineInchNoob outscored the entire league?

Good luck to all in this round, and screw you Freya...
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD, i got raped to put it lightly, really wish i had had more time, but in all honesty, i would be leaving on saturday, and therefore wouldn't have time for the finals if i made it anyway good luck quov, make me proud!

*plays moar 80s this week

and once again, from me, 3 cheers for barfo and all involved with leagues,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!! Finally my first playoff win!

That activation was a bitch, but I got it. Pic of my score if anyone cares

psxfreak101 wrote:
Also, who else isn't surprised that a certain NineInchNoob outscored the entire league?

QFT. I like how it was just last night, NIN was like "I think I'll just give it a try now, whatever." It's like he decides, "I'm just gonna go get an amazing score in one try, lolz."

And yeah, fuck Freya. Now I have to learn the strumming in that solo again.
NineInchNails  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR626 wrote:
QFT. I like how it was just last night, NIN was like "I think I'll just give it a try now, whatever." It's like he decides, "I'm just gonna go get an amazing score in one try, lolz."

You really have no idea how hard that was, I got that activation on my LAST RUN before GIVING UP! I just wanted to give up and go watch Smackdown. It took me a good 2 hours to get it once and i'm supposed to be a "good" squeezer, whih obviously includes being able to whammy early.

psxfreak101 wrote:

I'm surprised. Also, Freya is like... the 4th best song on the game, screw you <3.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's funny? Having spent the past hour or so playing Freya and managing to botch up runs in random ass easy places. The solo is piss for me now, strangely enough. I figured that'd be the reason for me to not care about this song, but it's apparently not the case now...

I do already have a score ready to submit, but I want more out of the song...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
J-On  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. That damn activation's what made the difference. I'm not gonna play this song for quite a while. Without that activation, it took enough work just to raise my previous score.

Looking forward to next season, whenever it may be and planning on being more of a threat in the league.
S5-GHII - made Round 2 - 9th place
S6-80s - made semi-finals - 3rd place
S7-GHIII - made quarter-finals - 7th place
S8-GHIII - made Round 2 - 11th place
S8-RB H Guitar - Champion - 1st place
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm already done with the song. Score is submitted. Now I can concentrate on getting something out of The Trooper for the 360 league

Good luck Jaksiel

BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR626 wrote:

That activation was a bitch, but I got it. Pic of my score if anyone cares

psxfreak101 wrote:

And yeah, fuck Freya. Now I have to learn the strumming in that solo again.
I guess the third time's the charm, huh JR? Anyhow, wow, 299K? I never had a shot. I always kept falling short of that activation for some reason, and I didn't feel like trying again after it took me more than 60 tries to get the score that I submitted. Raw Dog is annoying as hell. Well, good luck to everyone, I'll be back and a lot better next season.

KoE wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: