ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S5 - XH Playoff Thread - Winners:psxfreak/overlordandm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overlordandm  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG so I was practicing Sixs solo for like an hour than played it a couple times. I just played it again like 5 minutes ago and I can get 100% on the solo like 50% of the time. Practice really does make perfect . LOL. although i still do it differently than psxfreak. I do the way he mentioned that he knows other people do. I anchor my index finger on the green fret the whole time. I heard alot of people talk about that method so i tried it. of course being new to it i started on slowest. but as i worked my way up it felt easier. I dont think ill be getting the FC for the playoffs, But I definately will come back to it. maybe in another league?
Cam101  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, im havin no luck so far getting a higher score in six then what i already got. but ill keep tryin, and hopefully have the 5 star for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up playing the song twice. I was planning on serious playing it on saturday but my dad wouldn't let me play for whatever reason . Oh well, whether I lose by 130k (like I did) or by 1, it's still a loss. I can honestly say that the best player won, so great job psx!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, on this song I downstrum everything too, but i don't use my thumb. I rest the palm of my hand on top of the guitar and stab the strum bar with my pointer finger. It takes much much less stamina. The only downside is that it is hard to switch back to the normal hand position quicly which makes it less of a useful technique in other songs, but in a song like this where the only time you need to switch is in the solo, it works well. If I ever practiced the solo I'm sure I could FC it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well with the solo theres some things about it to know before going to FC (opinions)

1. Practice practice practice. I used to think this solo was impossible considering tha fact that I could only FC it on slower and down. now I fc it every playthrough after practicing it for like an hour

2. Its pretty late in the song so you might want to make sure you can FC it 9/10 times before going for FC runs.

3. The rest of the song is hard to get down for alot of people dont feel bad if you suck at it at first.
(BTW it took me a month to five star it.)

those are my thoughts.
elx  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's the deal. I'm missing one of the 2 scores for the 2nd division of this league. I do not want to end this season on a bye. Therefore I will extend the deadline for Cam101 and overlordandm to 11:59 PST Sunday, August 5th. If you wish to send a second score, that is fine.

In other news, the winner of division 1 is psxfreak101 who defeated Brockbfball1563 337598 - 198186.
overlordandm  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL crap I thought the scores were due today so i didnt send mines in LOL. Thanks Elx that would so totally suck if i lost because of a bye.(damn my non-paying attention skills,and forgetfulness, its always been a curse to me).

IM SORRY, THANK YOU ELX!!!!!!!!!!
PalatableSumo  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats psx. i kinda figured you'd win it right from the start

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PalatableSumo wrote:
congrats psx. i kinda figured you'd win it right from the start

Aww...come on. You didn't think I had any chance . Kidding, we both know who the overall best player is (yes psx, not me). He'd be killing me if he weren't working on ps2 so much.

I mean, I knew it would just come down to song choice, but to think that of all songs to pick from we had to play Six and have me get humiliated. When's the last time the finals was decided by almost 130k . I wouldn't have even cared if they picked yyz or thunderhorse, which happen to be 2 of psx's best songs, because, even though I still would have lost, I would still have my dignity (clichèd, I know) because the gap would have most likely been <130k . But, oh well, can't wait till next season![/i]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats psx and overlord.

xXGhostXx  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work you two!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to both winners. Hopefully next season, I'll be able to stay in the league and continue to the playoffs.

And Brock, damn man. Gotta learn to alt-strum buddy

Music is a sedative
You put out what you put in.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basser555 wrote:
Congrats to both winners. Hopefully next season, I'll be able to stay in the league and continue to the playoffs.

And Brock, damn man. Gotta learn to alt-strum buddy

yeah, wish i did that from when I started playing, but too late for that now. psx downstrummed the entire song so I'm hoping to get a little better as time goes on. I bet I'm the the only person on this site that FCs the solo over 50% of the time but can't even 5* it half the time . Oh well, my long term goal is 300k because that's really the only song keeping me down in the rankings. I know most of you don't consider 5th "down in the rankings" but considering that a good Six score would put me 2nd (behind only Sully), I think I should be much higher, but everyone has a song they suck at. I just suck a little more (a lot more) than most people.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... its not like I didn't see this coming. Congratz psx and overlord! The only positive from this is that i know that Brock lost to psx worse than i lost to overlord LOL. Hopefully see you next season!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: