ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
spopt2.pl -- SP optimizer for GH2 (rev 2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debr5836  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: spopt2.pl -- SP optimizer for GH2 (rev 2) Reply with quote

spopt2.pl paths have been released
** GH1-PS2
** GH2-PS2
** GH2-X360
** GH2-RT80s
** GH3 (only blank charts for now)

My spopt2.pl optimized SP paths for gh2-ps2 and gh2-x360 have been releaased. Look in each of the individual song threads for the results and links to the PNGs for each path. If you want links to all of them in one place, check out the link in my sig.

FAQ
Edited: 11/5/2007
Edited: 10/12/2007
Edited: 8/18/2007
Edited: 8/7/2007
Edited: 7/26/2007

0. What are the known issues with the current release (10/12/2007)?
** RT80s (debr) -- The Warrior Phrase 3 is possible
** RT80s (barbaloot) -- WGTB (expert) Phrase 4 is possible
** RT80s (barbaloot) -- I Wanna Rock (expert) Measure 63 is missing notes
** GH1 (cdw01) -- Infected on easy is too low
** GH1 (cdw01) -- ILRR on easy is too low
** GH1 (cdw01) -- TK65 on easy is low
** GH2 (cdw01) -- Surrender on easy is too low
** GH2 (cdw01) -- Rock This Town extra ticks
** All (cdw01) -- Rounding errors

1. Can you make these charts for GH1?
Its in plan -- they'll probably be up around the end of July. EDIT (8/9/2007) These are now up.

2. Can you make these charts for Rock the 80's?
Yes, but I don't plan on spoiling the fun for those that like to discover these paths on their own for a while. I will probably release these to the public near the end of October to give the manual star-pathers a crack at their fun first. EDIT (10/12/2007) These are now up.

3. What about co-op?
Its on the "to-do" list, but this will take a while. I will have to do a lot of code modification to handle the co-op optimization problem. EDIT (10/12/2007) I don't think I'm am going to get to this anytime soon -- to many other priorities right now.

4. Can you release your software?
No -- I haven't put a good user interface on it, and I don't want to incur the support work. Sorry.

5. What assumption went into each category (like "lazy-whammy", "nearly-ideal", etc.)

All of these paths assume 7.5 beats of whammy per quarter bar of SP and assume a timing window of +/- 1/12 second uniformly across games and difficulty settings.

** lazy-whammy assumes no squeezing, and assumes you fail to whammy the first 0.5 beats of every sustain.
** no-squeeze assumes no squeezing, but assumes you get all of the nominal whammy power out of each hold.
** big squeeze assumes no early whammying but assumes that on activations you can take advantage of 60% of the note's timing window to fit more notes under star power
** bigger squeeze assumes you early whammy for 60% of the note's timing window and assumes that on activations you can take advantage of 60% of the note's timing window to fit more notes under star power
** nearly ideal assumes you early whammy for 80% of the note's timing window and assumes that on activations you can take advantage of 80% of the note's timing window to fit more notes under star power
** upper bound is just that -- it assumes 100% of all squeezes and early whammies. the upper bound isn't necessarily achievable.

6. These paths seem to hard to achieve. Can you fix that?
EDITED (8/9/2007): The upper bound paths are not-necessarily achievable. If the near-ideal paths are looking unachievable with near-perfect play, please post, and we can discuss it.

EDITED (10/10/2007): For Rock-the-80s, I know it is possible to get some star phrases which I am coding as impossible. I don't have an answer about these, but if you want to PM them to me, I will keep track of them and try to figure out a pattern.

7. What do the various highlighted colors mean?
* Green -- whammied star phrases
* Yellow -- unwhammied star phrases
* Blue -- SP activation
* Purple -- squeeze
* Pink -- extra whammy

8. What is "squeezing" and "early whammying"?
Simply put, squeezing is exploiting the "timing windows" within the game in order to get more notes under an SP activation than you would normally be able to get. Also, within an SP phrase, if you hit a starred sustain note early and whammy right away, you will get a little extra whammied star power.

9. What do the numbers at the bottom of each measure mean?

** Gray is the base-score per measure (like GHEx)
** Green is the cumulative score at the end of each measure, so you can figure out where you are falling behind.
** The blue notes indicate the available whammy beats in each measure.

10. Can you give me a decoder ring for the path designation at the top of each chart? (in other words, what the heck does "2-1-1-1-C2-2-S1-2-ES1" mean?)

** A path designation, such as 1-2-2-3-2, tells you how many star phrases you should accumulate before activating. In the case of the 1-2-2-3-2 example, this means that
-- you will accumulate 1 phrase worth of SP, and then you will activate sometime before the end of the next phrase
-- you will then accumulate 2 phrases of star power and activate sometime before the end of the 4th phrase
-- you will then accumulate 2 phrases of star power and activate sometime before the end of the 6th phrase
-- you will then accumulate 3 phrases of star power and activate sometime before the end of the 9th phrase
-- you will then accumulate 2 phrases of star power and activate sometime before the end of the song

** If a designation is preceded by a "C" (e.g. C2), this means that the activation is compressed, meaning that
(a) you probably need to selectively whammy during the star phrases to get the "right" amount of star power
(b) you need to activate your star power right after the end of the relevant phrase so that your star power will end just before the start of another SP phrase.

** If a designation is preceded by a "S" (e.g. S1), it means that this number of SP phrases is skipped because the optimal activation "paves over" at least a portion those star phrases. This means that you can't collect the 0.25 bar of SP for completing each of those phrases. For example, if a chart had the path designation "1-2-S1-3", it would mean that the song has 7 SP phrases, but you don't collect the 0.25 SP for the 4th phrase because the 2nd activation covers at least part of that phrase.

** Finally, if a designation is preceded by "ES" (e.g. ES1), it means that this is a phrase at the end of the song that gets wasted because you don't end up with enough SP to create an activation. ES stands for "end skipped".

11. What is on your prioritized "to-do" list?
* God, Family, Work
* Playing the game
* GH3 when it comes out
* Rock Band when it comes out
* Tackling the co-op problem (probably not going to get around to this anytime soon, so don't ask).

RELEASE NOTES

2007.10.12 release

* GHRT80s charts

* Repartitioning of the divisions

2007.08.09 release

* GH1 Charts released

* Blank charts released for GH1, GH2-PS2, GH2-X360.

* Blank charts updated for GHRT80s

* Tempo added to charts, with an algorithm not to print out tempo changes that are closer than 2 beats apart

* Squeeze window changed to +/- 1/12 second for all difficulty levels

* Star power accumulation changed from 3.3333% per beat to 3.4% per beat as per the DTB file discoveries

* Gray "base score" added to each measure (like in GHEx charts)

* Green "cumulative score" added to each measure to help figure out where you are falling behind the target score.

* Blue text added to each measure that has a starred-sustain indicating how many beats of starred-sustain are present in that measure.

--debr

Check out my SP Galleries for GH1-PS2, GH2-PS2, GH2-X360, GHRT80S-PS2, and GH3
GH2 Log: 9/2/2007

Last edited by debr5836 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:34 pm; edited 11 times in total
Galvnayr  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome dude! thanks.
siouxper  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These new ones are a lot better and more awesome! It shows what I can do if I don't get perfect squeezes, and adjust the path! Nice job!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing work, unbelievably helpful for those of us that aren't good at squeezing... thanks man.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
XICougarIX  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job these are very helpful
cwo04  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that thing is BADASS! thank you so much!

thedrunkenkovinc wrote:
"That IS how ScoreHero...much more than WoWHero...fucking pussy WoW......do it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debr = SP path king!

Deimos wrote:
"~WeeDSk8r420's~Pot~Page~
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what this means?

It means the race for first place on Yes We Can begins RIGHT NOW.
aloneinthedark  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally all those people won't be stuck at first place in Yes We Can. Who's gonna be the first to get the absolute perfect score?
Thinderstruck  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats an amazing site how long did it take

. . . . . . . . . . . .
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you man

try to get it working whit GH1

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long does it take to generate these? And feel like doing 80s?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have a question. When it comes to getting optimal scores, I "kinda" squeeze, aka I hit strum AND select almost simultaneously 95% of the time, pretty much right on the note as it crosses the bottom.

Now, I can get the "easy" squeezes, aka YWC on Hard (got 1st place with all the others), but when it comes to those crazy perfect ones, I'm screwed.

My question is, since I can get the easy squeezes usually, but not the hard ones, I'm kinda stuck between deciding to do the "nearly-idea paths", or the "upper-bound" paths.

Anyone (not just debr necessarily) have any advice?
Awarded to the competiters with the lowest ever score differential in a single play-off bracket. During the semi-finals of the Season 3 playoffs, Hackelmania defeated NineInchNails by 1 point (284,654 vs 284,653) on Rock This Town (Hard) to advance to the finals.
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try both and use which is better for you.

debr, those are really great! I love how you accomodated the non-squeezers (like me), I'm going to have to try out a few of the easier FC's.

I have a question though, is there a co-op possiblity? I wouldn't want you to formulate ALL of those charts, but I'm sure there's a few that would be helpful (the best path to get 1 mil on Jessica X/X, for example).

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
debr5836  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Look up Reply with quote

I updated the first post with a FAQ -- keep the questions coming if you have them, and please don't be shy about posting potential bugs. --debr

Check out my SP Galleries for GH1-PS2, GH2-PS2, GH2-X360, GHRT80S-PS2, and GH3
GH2 Log: 9/2/2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: