ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wii release date and price almost official...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Wii release date and price almost official... Reply with quote

http://games.slashdot.org/games/06/09/14/0449256.shtml

The Wii looks to be coming out on Nov. 19th, going for $250, comes with a controller, nunchucku and Wii Sports (to make it the only current gen release with a game with it). Apparently Wii Play comes with a controller as well, so looks like I'll be reserving a Wii, classic controller, Wii Play and SSBB.

I swear, if SSBB is online, all your asses are MINE. LONG LIVE JIGGLYPUFF!!!!
Jed  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said a long time ago that SSBB was gonna be their first online game for the Wii. So that'll be fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jedlyn
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jed wrote:
They said a long time ago that SSBB was gonna be their first online game for the Wii. So that'll be fun.

Yep, and I absolutely cannot wait. I want some new challengers.
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so there. Don't know who my character is gonna be yet, though.

Riz  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
I'm so there. Don't know who my character is gonna be yet, though.

SSBB doesn't really thrill me much, but Zelda does, a bit, and FF:CC (later) does, a lot. I'll definitely be buying one. The price point is awesome, and the system looks like it plays just amazing.

I haven't found this linked in any of this morning's north american propaganda materials, so just for fun... japanese site, but there's hardly any dialog in it anyway, it's mostly visuals.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/movie/lineup.html

Riz.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power of the console is definitely weaker from the other two graphic dependent consoles, but I have a friend on atariage that used to program for Namco (He did Pac-Man World, and I think world 2 as well), and he programs for a different, disclosed company now. Point is, he got a dev kit already, and he said just by the numbers of how the controller works, its going to be an amazing system, despite not having HD support or the horsepower from the other two.

I think it was smart that they cut HD support to cut on cost, because, who has an HDTV now? I know a lot more than when the announcement was made, but still, the only people I know of that has a HDTV are the officers and some of the coworkers.

Hell I still actively use a 1985 color TV >_>
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
The power of the console is definitely weaker from the other two graphic dependent consoles, but I have a friend on atariage that used to program for Namco (He did Pac-Man World, and I think world 2 as well), and he programs for a different, disclosed company now. Point is, he got a dev kit already, and he said just by the numbers of how the controller works, its going to be an amazing system, despite not having HD support or the horsepower from the other two.

I think it was smart that they cut HD support to cut on cost, because, who has an HDTV now? I know a lot more than when the announcement was made, but still, the only people I know of that has a HDTV are the officers and some of the coworkers.

Hell I still actively use a 1985 color TV >_>

...I do....but hey, as long as they keep pumpin out awesome games, I can't hate Nintendo for not having state-of-the-art graphics. Besides, in 10 years, it's not gonna be the graphics you remember. It's the gameplay that you're gonna love. Need an example? Check out any great game on the N64. There's quite a few, so don't worry which one. Then, compare that to the great games on the PS. Not nearly as many.

And Squirrel, I'll probably see you in SSBB. I'll be usin Kirby or Meta-Knight.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really looking forward to the Wii. They always have some big release that should be great but they screw over last minute. Like the gamecube it was a smart idea at first but then they messed that up by the disc size people didn't like because they couldn't play their old nintendo games on it. Then the "Wii" was supposed to be called the revolutions and the controller screwed it over. One lady is actually thinking of sewing cause she was looking for a new vibrator and said it and the Wii controller looked very similar.
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryudo wrote:
Like the gamecube it was a smart idea at first but then they messed that up by the disc size people didn't like because they couldn't play their old nintendo games on it.

Yeah, because the old Nintendo games were totally on cd and stuff?
What are you talking about? I can't even understand half of your post.

Riz  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have even the slightest clue what you're talking about?

Ryudo wrote:
I'm not really looking forward to the Wii. They always have some big release that should be great but they screw over last minute. Like the gamecube it was a smart idea at first but then they messed that up by the disc size people didn't like because they couldn't play their old nintendo games on it.

Disc size? The GC was the first N box to use discs. All previous units were cart based. Discs were not even the beginning of the GC's "issues".

Ryudo wrote:
Then the "Wii" was supposed to be called the revolutions and the controller screwed it over.

It did? So screwed over that Sony panicked to steal the concept for the PS3 as quickly as possible. I take it you've played with the Wii controller, and found it simply awful. Oh, wait, you haven't? Can you say, talking out your ass?
Ryudo wrote:
One lady is actually thinking of sewing cause she was looking for a new vibrator and said it and the Wii controller looked very similar.

ROFL. Ya, right, this lady was confused by a controller... in the games department, that isn't even on sale yet. Where do you get this stuff... or do you just make it up?

I think that really says all that needs to be said about your opinion on the matter.

Riz, who hates anti-fanboi nonsense almost as much as fanboi nonsense.

edit: Damn, sniped by Dreyvas Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:

;)

Hahaha.

DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, nice rant Riz...

I think the Wii will be the last next-gen I buy, but will be within a year that it comes out. I love the fact that SSBB is coming out again (not that it wouldn't, but it's still awesome). The only reason I'm even getting a PS3 is because of Final Fantasy (the newer ones that will come out)....I'm a die-hard FF fan

IEatGlue  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
Riz wrote:

;)

Hahaha.

i wanna touch your wii...

anyways, the ps3 will be 123% backwards compatible beeotches!

ps1, 2, and 3!

Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IEatGlue wrote:
i wanna touch your wii...

No no, the DS is for touching..

Anthony  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryudo wrote:
Then the "Wii" was supposed to be called the revolutions and the controller screwed it over.

Since Riz already smacked you around enough (rightfully so) I'm just going to add that Nintendo stressed time and time again that Revolution was only a codename and was never going to be the official name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: