ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Weekly GHII Tourney, Lincoln, NE Tuesday 9pm Cappy's B&G
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overglock  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see on their website that they give away a pitcher of beer as one of the prizes. Does this mean you need to be 21 to enter?

Also, what are the rules of the tourney? Is it pick any song you want, best score wins, or are songs randomly assigned, etc.?
giveMongoBall  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palpatine wrote:
Here in Omaha, NE there is a bi-monthly tournament held at "The Waiting Room" bar on 60th and Maple. I showed up last week and there were only 14 people signed up, so it was pretty easy to win Either $25.00 gift certificate to Homer's or $25.00 tab at the bar. Easy choice for me since I don't drink!

Any other Omaha players?

I moved to Omaha last April. Do you mean once every two months or twice a month?
Palpatine  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=giveMongoBall]I moved to Omaha last April. Do you mean once every two months or twice a month?[/quote]

Twice a month. I'm not sure if they still do it, I haven't gone for months. The one in Cappy's I still visit a couple times a month for some good cash Songs are randomly assigned. Double elimintation brackets. And I think you're supposed to be 21 to go, but the rules have been broken before!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other tournaments known in omaha? I can't drive down to lincoln (I don't have a car, and it's like an hour away).
Palpatine  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I know of. There was something on the radio about Fremont, but I haven't caught it since and nobody has any information on that. Whereabouts do you live / how old are you? I can school you some time

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palpatine wrote:
Not that I know of. There was something on the radio about Fremont, but I haven't caught it since and nobody has any information on that. Whereabouts do you live / how old are you? I can school you some time

I live in central omaha I think, and I'm not old enough to get into bars. Maybe I can go to best buy, and show off my skills!!

Last edited by Mathias897 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
jfowler88  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is kind of unrelated but the OP said to post any other NE tourneys... on Dec. 29 in GI there will be a tourney at the Grand Theatre. First prize is a $150 Best Buy Gift Certificate... here's the website http://www.grandmovietheatre.com/special_events.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: HuggyBearFPW
Palpatine  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninja edit: Thanks for posting that information, I wish it were a bit closer so I wouldn't waste more money on gas than what I could possibly win

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Weekly GHII Tourney, Lincoln, NE Tuesday 9pm Cappy's B&a Reply with quote

s14curtis wrote:
There is a tourney at Cappy's Bar and Grill every Tuesday night at 9pm in Lincoln, NE. There are weekly cash prize giveaways, and once a month cappy gives away guitars to the 1st place winner of the main tournament. This tourney could always use more people, so if you're in the area and happen to see this thread, COME ON DOWN!

For those who are actually in the Lincoln area, are they still having the tourneys as mentioned in the OP above? I hopefully will be in Lincoln around May, so I'd like to go if they are still having them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just making routine checks to see if some tournaments are still going on and worthy of keeping stickied. Is this still going on? I'll keep it stickied if it's still happening, but I'll unsticky it if I don't get a response within the next few days.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should still be going, although I haven't been there in ages. I work on Tuesdays Prize money is down to $40 as far as I know.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea its still going on but you play on whatever difficulty you BOTH decide so yea playing on medium sucks meat
VinnySibel.com  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, these tournaments at Cappy's were confirmed to be over as stated in this thread.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57997

Could a moderator please unpin this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: