ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Congrats MetalMadness! Harmonix Signed SG - Sold for $1,550!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vlasic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cajunpepper879 wrote:
That makes me wonder why he wouldnt buy a REAL custom SG, 1500 seems like a tad bit...

It's signed by the makers of the game and is a donation. Nothing wierd about someone wanting to pay a lot for a signed item.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deaths Wr4th PSN Name: DeathsWrath
MetalMadness  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, everybody, I am the very-soon-to-be proud owner of the Harmonix signed SG. I am anxiously awaiting the shipment which will arrive either Tues. or Wed. I am very excited to keep this collectible within the ScoreHero community and I am also very happy to make the donation to ScoreHero. This site and the people on here have helped me more than any of you will ever know through a very difficult period in my life, so it was not a difficult decision to bid on this piece of Guitar Hero history. I would also like to thank Harmonix for all of their hard work and dedication to Guitar Hero I, II, and 80's. And also to thank them for the SG that was donated to ScoreHero. For all of you wondering, I will not be playing it ever - not even 1 time. I will be temporarily storing it until I can save up to purchase a house at which time I will work on displaying it in my game room. I would like to say thanks to JCirri and the mods at ScoreHero for creating and maintaining a worthwhile online environment for the Guitar Hero Community, of which, I am proud to call myself a part of.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalMadness wrote:
Well, everybody, I am the very-soon-to-be proud owner of the Harmonix signed SG. I am anxiously awaiting the shipment which will arrive either Tues. or Wed. I am very excited to keep this collectible within the ScoreHero community and I am also very happy to make the donation to ScoreHero. This site and the people on here have helped me more than any of you will ever know through a very difficult period in my life, so it was not a difficult decision to bid on this piece of Guitar Hero history. I would also like to thank Harmonix for all of their hard work and dedication to Guitar Hero I, II, and 80's. And also to thank them for the SG that was donated to ScoreHero. For all of you wondering, I will not be playing it ever - not even 1 time. I will be temporarily storing it until I can save up to purchase a house at which time I will work on displaying it in my game room. I would like to say thanks to JCirri and the mods at ScoreHero for creating and maintaining a worthwhile online environment for the Guitar Hero Community, of which, I am proud to call myself a part of.

I take it the other bastard didn't pay up?

covery wrote:
you should get star power by hitting the notes with stars on them, then use your start power to activate start power so you get lots of scores. Make sure you hit your notes good becuase they make score go ^^^. This is a key point, do not forget.

Lmfao.
MetalMadness  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you have 48 hours to make payment to the seller and he didn't. So, that was OK with me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vlasic wrote:
It's signed by the makers of the game and is a donation. Nothing wierd about someone wanting to pay a lot for a signed item

I've seen a Stratocaster signed by Roger Waters that was only sold for $500 dollars. It's a lot of money for a plastic guitar.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalMadness wrote:
No, you have 48 hours to make payment to the seller and he didn't. So, that was OK with me.

Ahh i understand. Sexy. Congrats on the SG

covery wrote:
you should get star power by hitting the notes with stars on them, then use your start power to activate start power so you get lots of scores. Make sure you hit your notes good becuase they make score go ^^^. This is a key point, do not forget.

Lmfao.
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... how many contribution points is that netting you, MetalMadness?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
MetalMadness  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leprosy916 wrote:

I don't think I'll have to worry about them for quite some time...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leprosy916 wrote:

Enough for world domination.

Congratz MetalMadness!
MetalMadness  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bjwdestroyer wrote:
Leprosy916 wrote:

Enough for world domination.

Congratz MetalMadness!

And Aric - Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

=O you have a silver star

covery wrote:

Lmfao.
KurtCobain  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...it's the super badass rich guy star.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again I would like to congratulate and thank MetalMadness on behalf of the community for the very generous donation. Looking back at my records, MetalMadness was the first member to donate $20 on the day that I began accepting donations (June 5, 2006). You've been a great part of the community in many regards for a long time, and I'm glad to be giving this gift from HMX to someone as appreciative and deserving as you. The package was dropped off tonight, so hopefully you'll receive it by Wednesday.

In recognition for the donation, a whopping 3,113 contribution points and (as others have noted) a new donor rating have been awarded (a Metallic star in honor of MetalMadness). Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, MetalMadness - and also thank you, for the generous donation toward this site that we love so much

Playing GH3/RB Online? Join the XBL/PSN/Wii list!
Over 570 players and rising, now separated by console!

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26327

Game/Guitar Compatibility Guide:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26086
Chris Vance wrote:
I GOT [GH3] ON TEH SEGA DREAMCASTZ FOR 20 BUCKZ ON TEH BLACK MARKETZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: AtomskPS
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell can you do with 3,113 contribution points?

That's awesome, well done for getting that SG

It definately shows that I wouldn't have won it... I could only go up to about $75...

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: