ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Fantasy 12
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afirocks27  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy 12 Reply with quote

Coming out 31st. I am going to be going to my gamestops midnight released thing. Its going to be awesome. I am so hyped up for this.

I am excited about the new battle system, i played the demo and i thought it was really cool. Even though in the demo you couldnt really mess with the gambits.
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on this one. I'll be receiving it the first available day from Gamefly and keeping it until the price is right. I am so stoked to try this new battle system.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

argh, I'm soooo bad at RPGs (got three, and haven't completed any, which is really bad) but I'm really tempted to get this (when ever it turns up over here)
GuitarHero670  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
argh, I'm soooo bad at RPGs (got three, and haven't completed any, which is really bad) but I'm really tempted to get this (when ever it turns up over here)

Ahhh RPG's my root of gaming but seriously FF12!!!!!?????? That's quite alot.
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely going to buy this game! So awesome! I also played the demo and thought it kicked ass. I plan on getting every little thing in the game, just like FFX. I'm going to make a thread now about FFX.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have it >_>

Hard drives FTW

A friend of mine already had it, and I asked, can you bring it over so I can throw it onto the HD.

Its complete too, but I didn't get into it at all, as I don't like RPG's that much. Like a few other games on my HD, I just got it to say I have it.
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
Completely going to buy this game! So awesome! I also played the demo and thought it kicked ass. I plan on getting every little thing in the game, just like FFX. I'm going to make a thread now about FFX.

I HATED the demo. Like the devil. But I heard the demo reflects nearly nothing about the actual FF12.

Can't wait for this, add to my collection (of which I am completing with the purchase of this and 3 and 5).
Leitmotif  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its gonna suck hard.

They completely changed how you fight.
Now the fighting works exactly like the fight system in FFXI.

After all the delays I started to get worried, so I'm staying away from this one.

I don't have a PS2 anyway.

Zillatron  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my playstation magazine it got a 10 out of 10!

and they said it might be the best ps2 game ever
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ActAppalled16
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leitmotif wrote:
Its gonna suck hard.

They completely changed how you fight.
Now the fighting works exactly like the fight system in FFXI.

After all the delays I started to get worried, so I'm staying away from this one.

I don't have a PS2 anyway.

That's EXACTLY how it fights. I played it and I was like, WTF? This isn't FFXI... LOL
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The demo was definitely iffy, but they say that it's a pretty poor reflection on how great the game really is so that's a bonus.

I know I'm stoked. My roommate has it on preorder. Got to love the mooch.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a big fan of the battle system... but I'm a sucker for the storylines, so I'll prolly get it.

daeusix  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this game pre ordered for nearly a year. I am a HUGE FF fan. I, like most others, will have a sweet shiny collectors edition copy on the 31st. I have done an ubsurd amount of research into it as well. There are countless vids of gameplay on both youtube and google video. However, the only great content comes if you input it as Final Fantasy XII not 12. Anyways, square-enix has an official FF XII site: www.finalfantasyxii.com

As some stated, square-enix decided to once again change the battle format from the traditional random battle/atb to the BETTER choose your own battle/real time. Also, square-enx implememnted a new ability system called the "Liscence Grid" Much like FF X's "Sphere Grid" it allows maximum customization. The only issue is that you have to buy the corresponding ability before you can use it. Also, in order to level up certain abilities ... such as sword and bow, you sometimes need to learn other weapons first. That can become annoying.

I am much looking forward to this AWESOME title and best-game ever?

Not likely.

Best RPG ever

Quite possibly true.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about best RPG ever... Is there anyone else like me that prefers the flashy screen/encounter type of battles found on previous FF titles? (excluding XI). I like to hear the old victory music after winning....

daeusix  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
I don't know about best RPG ever... Is there anyone else like me that prefers the flashy screen/encounter type of battles found on previous FF titles? (excluding XI). I like to hear the old victory music after winning....

You will still hear that music after defeating bosses. They eliminated the random encounters for who knows what reason. While I did enjoy it too, I found if very annoying in FF X to do the fiend hunt in the calm lands. You basically wander all over spira hopeing that this random battle is thee battle where you capture that 10th tonberry that has taken the better part of an hour to find. It also sucks when you are so close to exiting something and bam ... another battle. You think to yourself: wtf? I just ended a battle 1 god damn step ago. !@#$

I was also not a great fan of certain fantasies for the atb or ctb battle systems. I wonder around to elicit a random battle; then wait 6 or so seconds while the music plays and everything loads only to eliminate the creature with x, x - woot ... sweet vitory is mine. D: Kinda boring

FF XII eliminates that. Even if you are at LV 80, you are still going to get creamed. That's the beauty of it. I should stop ranting. Just ... XII is ALOT better. In terms of graphocs, story, music, and gameplay as a whole.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: