ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Fantasy 10
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy 10 Reply with quote

Sure FFXII is coming out in 11 days, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about FFX. I used to play this game so freakin much, I clocked 173 hours into it, until it became corrupted . Who else wants to share a story of the great FFX?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me. It was a decent game but I was inches from killing Tidus off of my main party (damn you Hastega for being so good... and Quick Hit). Auron pwns all in that game.

I was trying to get everything and then realized, why the hell am I doing this? And I didn't have an answer so I stopped.

Its not a bad game, just not the greatest.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad memories, I couldn't get passed the second fight with Seymore, just couldn't be arsed after a while.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this game for a while...got about 30 hours into the game before getting bored with it. I jacked up Kihmari's path and made him a Black Mage wayyyy too early. So instead of learning the skills he was supposed to learn, he was right behind Lulu, learning Fire and Blizzard.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun game, but my two complaints were that it was too easy (dunno what you guys had problems with, the game was a breeze outside of that battle arena thing), and that the voice acting was TERRIBLE. Like....I wanted to shoot myself in the face listening to Yuna.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do have to admit that the laughing scene was single-handedly the best cutscene in any game ever. There's just absolutely no competition for it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
You do have to admit that the laughing scene was single-handedly the best cutscene in any game ever. There's just absolutely no competition for it.

I wanted to end my meaningless existence when being subjected to that scene.
Riz  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta go with Hylian here... that scene is awesome, because really, it takes serious skill to make a scene that bad, and have it come across SO bad, that you're literally laughing out loud... not because you sympathize with Yuna's urge to laugh in the face of certain peril, but because it's so breathtakingly awful... Mr. Green

Riz.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
I gotta go with Hylian here... that scene is awesome, because really, it takes serious skill to make a scene that bad, and have it come across SO bad, that you're literally laughing out loud... not because you sympathize with Yuna's urge to laugh in the face of certain peril, but because it's so breathtakingly awful... Mr. Green

Riz.

Indeed.

I spent a good amount of time in FFX, but when I started quick hitting guys for 99,999 damage without the enemy getting a single turn I realized I spent way too much time in the game leveling my characters in the monster arena so I stopped.
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eman2101 wrote:

Indeed.

I spent a good amount of time in FFX, but when I started quick hitting guys for 99,999 damage without the enemy getting a single turn I realized I spent way too much time in the game leveling my characters in the monster arena so I stopped.

How many hours did you end up with?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the cutscenes in that game made me want to gouge out my eyes and ears. Laughing scene especially included.

I dont know I just didnt like this one. The grid system was kinda cool but everything else was sub average.

EDIT: I wrote cutOFFS instead of cutscences... damn you GH.
Shin  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

160 hours before my mate erased my save.
I haven't touched it since.

Also, my ex GF used to play the titlesong for me on piano. Listening to it now just makes me sad : (
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the music. Actually it was incredibly good, in my opinion. That piano song is the best. I have the Black Mages version of it (which owns).

So I guess music and the grid system were good .
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a site where you can listen to the music from the game. Here it is:Final Fantasy Music.

Just click on Final Fantasy # midis on the left-hand column, and you need Windows Media to listen to these, so sorry to those who don't. If anyone knows a better site, please share.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have over 200 hours clocked in on my FFX file. Completed every side quest myself (except for the Thunder Plains one. I couldn't dodge 200 bolts so I had a friend do it for me....on his first try. Also, I missed one of the side quests, involving 99 Warp Spheres.) and learned to love the Sphere Grid. It's fun as hell to work with. The music is fantastic and it still looks good after all of these years. Simply incredible.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: